Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2019 3:59 pm
Apr 18, 2018
3 posts
9613019 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 2:46 pm
'NO REFRRALS" means do not openly ask or provide referral in the thread.
ahhh....gotcha....thanks!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3206 posts
1268 upvotes
Toronto
LG G5 is gone as well.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Nov 17, 2016
279 posts
176 upvotes
Hello,

I signed up for this deal and today received LG G4 phone. Question to people who received phones from Zoomer - are these phones locked? How can I find out if the phone is unlocked (I do not have other carrier SIM cards)? I would prefer not to start this phone as I am planning to sell it, like for a 100$ or so.
On the box I see it says that phone was manufactured 08/2016.
Apr 17, 2018
33 posts
2 upvotes
Stupid question, but:

If I sign up with Zoomer, and then a week later Fido calls me with an amazing win-back offer, is there a "cool off" period within which I can cancel Zoomer and send back their phone?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3206 posts
1268 upvotes
Toronto
hydraslav wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 5:24 pm
Stupid question, but:

If I sign up with Zoomer, and then a week later Fido calls me with an amazing win-back offer, is there a "cool off" period within which I can cancel Zoomer and send back their phone?
30 days
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8682 posts
1693 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Vi20161128 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 5:02 pm
Hello,

I signed up for this deal and today received LG G4 phone. Question to people who received phones from Zoomer - are these phones locked? How can I find out if the phone is unlocked (I do not have other carrier SIM cards)? I would prefer not to start this phone as I am planning to sell it, like for a 100$ or so.
There may be some hidden service code to display that info
Try this

hydraslav wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 5:24 pm
Stupid question, but:

Usually 30 days, less than 10 mins talk time and no mobile data usage (like 150KB or something...)
Apr 17, 2018
33 posts
2 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 5:32 pm
Usually 30 days, less than 10 mins talk time and no mobile data usage (like 150KB or something...)
Do I have to pay to ship the phone back?
Apr 1, 2017
707 posts
928 upvotes
I signed up for an LG G4 and a P10 Lite about a week ago. The process to sign up wasn't great, but the experience has been positive as a whole. I received the phones the next business day. Porting out from Virgin took just 10 minutes and the CSR was very friendly. Also, unlock code stickers were stuck on the box.

I live in Montreal, Quebec. With Zoomer, I've been getting full bars outdoors and most of the time indoors. Virgin/Bell signal was slightly better where I live, but I'm fine with compromising given the great value. Besides, I have no complaints about call quality or network speed. My current phone is the bottleneck not their network lol

If you're in Montreal, both G4 and P10 Lite have good resale value and can sell very quickly on Kijiji. I sold my G4 for $210 and selling the P10 Lite for $300. I got about 6-7 people asking about both phones within 1 day of posting. Highly depends on area though, but P10 Lite is not bad for reselling in my area.

Zoomer also give you a return label with the phones. I think it's free to return.
Last edited by aintic on Apr 19th, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1516 posts
875 upvotes
aintic wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 7:58 pm
I signed up for an LG G4 and a P10 Lite about a week ago. The process to sign up wasn't great, but the experience has been positive as a whole. I received the phones the next business day. Porting out from Virgin took just 10 minutes and the CSR was very friendly. Also, unlock code stickers were stuck on the box.

I live in Montreal, Quebec. With Zoomer, I've been getting full bars outdoors and most of the time indoors. Virgin/Bell signal was slightly better where I live, but I'm fine with compromising given the great value. Besides, I have no complaints about call quality or network speed. My current phone is the bottleneck not their network lol

If you're in Montreal, both G4 and P10 Lite have good resale value and can sell very quickly on Kijiji. I sold my G4 for $210 and selling the P10 Lite for $300. I got about 6-7 people asking about both phones within 1 day of posting. Might be YMMV, but I think P10 Lite is a good choice for both keeping and reselling.

Zoomer also give you a return label with the phones. I think it's free to return.
What was bad about the sign up process? You call in, give them your info, and sign up.
Apr 1, 2017
707 posts
928 upvotes
shayne85 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 8:01 pm
What was bad about the sign up process? You call in, give them your info, and sign up.
It wasn't smooth for me. Long story short, they required a deposit for some obscure reason that's not related to my credit score. I had a post about that here. I was a bit annoyed, but went with it anyway since the deal is good.
Blowing all savings from RFD on deals from RFD 😂
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
212 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
good deal.. thinking of getting my aunt this deal just wondering can we port toronto landline number?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3206 posts
1268 upvotes
Toronto
inda6ix wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 8:22 pm
good deal.. thinking of getting my aunt this deal just wondering can we port toronto landline number?
Porting a landline number may take longer time.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
1312 posts
114 upvotes
sorry.. how to join? do I do everything online ? I was trying to see if I can do online.. but I tried "get started" and I don't see the promotion as a choice.. do I have to call?

also, again, the referral bonus is for both the current Zoomer account holder and the new account? thanks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3206 posts
1268 upvotes
Toronto
softech wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 8:45 pm
sorry.. how to join? do I do everything online ? I was trying to see if I can do online.. but I tried "get started" and I don't see the promotion as a choice.. do I have to call?

also, again, the referral bonus is for both the current Zoomer account holder and the new account? thanks
Need to call or chat to get it.

Referral credits are for both parties.
Carry Tel Internet
Nov 17, 2016
279 posts
176 upvotes
Vi20161128 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 5:02 pm
Hello,

Found unlock code on order summary.