Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2019 8:47 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1970 posts
467 upvotes
Gatineau
pkphilip wrote:
May 1st, 2018 12:18 pm
After the first failed delivery, you should be able to call UPS to re-schedule or drop it off to your neighbor or possibly re-direct, otherwise call up Zoomer and they can have it re-direct to another address (ie. Flex Delivery address)
Daijoubu wrote:
May 1st, 2018 12:27 pm
Flex Delivery is for Canada Post only?
HOWEVER, UPS does have many many nearby pickup points, corner stores, pharmacies and other shaddy electronic joints.
Either wait for the 1st failed delivery or signup for UPS MyChoice which gives you the option as soon as the shipping label is created.

Signing up for MyChoice does take a few days as UPS will snailmail you a PIN code.
yes flexdelivery is Canada Post only. I am waiting for the first failed delivery now to see what is my option. I remember they used to ask me to go to their depot to pick it up which is 30 mins drive away and I don't have a car.
Jul 14, 2013
256 posts
33 upvotes
Red & White Flag…
I opted for the iPhone 5S. The 5S has the same $250 no term value as the J3 Prime so yeah.
If it's not free, it's too expensive...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8731 posts
1737 upvotes
Montreal, QC
kwanyeung20 wrote:
May 1st, 2018 2:17 pm
yes flexdelivery is Canada Post only. I am waiting for the first failed delivery now to see what is my option. I remember they used to ask me to go to their depot to pick it up which is 30 mins drive away and I don't have a car.
Go on UPS.com and search for UPS agent locations, you can redirect your package to any of them, doesn't have to be at the depot unless there's a restriction from the shipper (eg Dell, which you'll need to contact the shipper to make changes)
May 8, 2013
44 posts
11 upvotes
I am interested in this deal, but I need international (non-US) calling, and cannot find any mention of it on their website. Does anyone have experience with international calling on Zoomer?
Jul 14, 2013
256 posts
33 upvotes
Red & White Flag…
dealux wrote:
May 1st, 2018 3:34 pm
I am interested in this deal, but I need international (non-US) calling, and cannot find any mention of it on their website. Does anyone have experience with international calling on Zoomer?
That looks like you'll need their travel pack: https://www.zoomerwireless.ca/addons#addons-tab-travel

However, based on the minutes, it looks like it's best for the occasional international caller.
If it's not free, it's too expensive...
May 8, 2013
44 posts
11 upvotes
Sorry, I was not clear. I do not need to call while travelling, I just need to call international numbers from Canada. I cannot find information on rates anywhere on the Zoomer site, nor any mention at all of calling outside Canada/US.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3213 posts
1275 upvotes
Toronto
dealux wrote:
May 1st, 2018 4:06 pm
Sorry, I was not clear. I do not need to call while travelling, I just need to call international numbers from Canada. I cannot find information on rates anywhere on the Zoomer site, nor any mention at all of calling outside Canada/US.
Most people are using VoIP for international callings. If you need direct international calling, Zoomer might not be a good choice.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Nov 17, 2003
457 posts
40 upvotes
dealux wrote:
You also could use a redirect service so your "regular minute" rates get used but the actual charges go through the 1-800 number. Almost like the old calling cards of old.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1970 posts
467 upvotes
Gatineau
dealux wrote:
VoIP, or you can get a subscription if you call a lot or just skype credit and use skype to go. It basically converts your international number to a local number so that you can dial in just like any other local calls. Pretty handy
May 8, 2013
44 posts
11 upvotes
Thanks for the tips. I was hoping that Zoomer would offer an all-in-one solution, because my wife is fairly technophobic and having a phone that just worked with whatever number she dialled would be best.
Mar 1, 2016
132 posts
86 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
dealux wrote:
May 1st, 2018 6:38 pm
Thanks for the tips. I was hoping that Zoomer would offer an all-in-one solution, because my wife is fairly technophobic and having a phone that just worked with whatever number she dialled would be best.
What countries does your wife typically call? I know in many places overseas WhatsApp has exploded in popularity because it offers international calling and texting all over wifi (or data). Perhaps she and her contacts could give that a try? Paying for international long distance phone service to me seems needless.
RFD Effect: Zoomer $36 4GB Unlimited Talk/Text Loyalty ➡ ThinkPad E570 i7-7500U $651.20 ➡ Seiko 5 Men's Automatic $56.33 ➡ Brother DCP-L2520DW Laser Printer $79.99 ➡ Walls Arctic Zone Cotton Duck Jacket $17.27 ➡ Black&Decker 20V Drill+Impact $37.25
Sep 28, 2004
992 posts
136 upvotes
dealux wrote:
May 1st, 2018 6:38 pm
You're not going to find an inexpensive all-in-one Canada to International calling cell phone plan from any carrier in Canada.

The best solution in my mind is if you can setup a voip service (voip.ms is what I have used) and have your wife to use the voip dialer app instead of the default one for all calls.
May 8, 2013
44 posts
11 upvotes
adamareid wrote:
May 1st, 2018 7:15 pm
What countries does your wife typically call? I know in many places overseas WhatsApp has exploded in popularity because it offers international calling and texting all over wifi (or data). Perhaps she and her contacts could give that a try? Paying for international long distance phone service to me seems needless.
Talking to elderly relatives who still use landlines is the issue for us. Younger relatives are all messaging anyway.
May 8, 2013
44 posts
11 upvotes
samj1 wrote:
May 2nd, 2018 10:38 am
You're not going to find an inexpensive all-in-one Canada to International calling cell phone plan from any carrier in Canada.

The best solution in my mind is if you can setup a voip service (voip.ms is what I have used) and have your wife to use the voip dialer app instead of the default one for all calls.
Speakout has a $2 international calling add-on if you have a monthly plan with them (which start at $20), but adding data gets pricey. A VOIP solution might work, I'll look into it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3213 posts
1275 upvotes
Toronto
dealux wrote:
May 2nd, 2018 11:20 am
Speakout has a $2 international calling add-on if you have a monthly plan with them (which start at $20), but adding data gets pricey. A VOIP solution might work, I'll look into it.
Koodo, Fido and Virgin all have 1000 international minutes add on. They offered it for free several times in the past.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

DBayes16