Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2019 8:27 pm
Sep 21, 2015
36 posts
10 upvotes
Montreal
vkizzle wrote:
May 16th, 2018 9:15 am
My bad, it's $40.50 3GB unlimted min.
Can the OP update the Thread title to be 36$ 2gb?

I got excited when I read 3gb.

thanks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3206 posts
1268 upvotes
Toronto
TommyC585 wrote:
May 16th, 2018 10:37 am

thanks
It is $36 for 3GB and 400 daytime minutes for new customers (or renewal).

$40.50 for 3GB and unlimited talk is a loyalty plan.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10276 posts
9477 upvotes
People are still confused about the current Zoomer offer. Here is my summary.

Summary:

Current market plan
2 years contract $36 market plan with free phone
- 400 CW daytime minutes + 3GB data + unlimited MMS
- Need to sign a 2 years contract and get a free phone
- Cancellation within 2 years - pay the device account balance.
- There is no monthly phone payment like Koodo tab. Zoomer will write down your phone account by $10.42/m($250/24)
- Data overage is 5 cents/1MB data at 1MB increment.
- If you are on contract and want to switch to this market plan, you need to pay your device balance, sign another 2 years contract and get a free phone. If you need 3GB data, it is better to switch to the $40.50 loyalty plan.

No contract month-to-month $36 market plan - no free phone
- 200 CW daytime minutes + 500MB data

Loyalty Plan after staying with Zoomer for 6 months
- Enhanced voicemail
- Data overage is 2 cents/1MB data at 1MB increment.
- You can switch to any loyalty plan after 6 months without paying your device balance as long as your monthly payment remains the same or higher.

$36 loyalty plan - unlimited CW minutes + 2GB data + unlimited MMS
$40.5 loyalty plan (NEW) - unlimited CW minutes + 3GB data + unlimited MMS
$45 loyalty plan - unlimited CW minutes + 4GB data + unlimited MMS
$54 loyalty plan - unlimited CW minutes + 5GB data + unlimited MMS
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1174 posts
729 upvotes
TommyC585 wrote:
May 16th, 2018 10:37 am

thanks
if you are a new customer then the OP is correct. 3 gigs of data , unlimited texting, 400 Canada wide minutes, etc for $36.
May 8, 2017
35 posts
17 upvotes
What kind of phones are they offering for signing 2 year contracts?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3206 posts
1268 upvotes
Toronto
Rdflgr wrote:
May 16th, 2018 1:45 pm
What kind of phones are they offering for signing 2 year contracts?
For the $36 plan, it is Samsung J3 or iPhone 5s (if they still have stock) for free. You can pay additional $75 to get Huawei P10 lite.

Most people just use their own phones and sell Zoomer's free phones.

There are some other cheaper phones.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11009 posts
2574 upvotes
Wondering, after the 2 year contract, does the price drop, as in the subsidy or "tab" for the phone is no longer included in the price?
With the bigger companies, even though you have a tab, the actual amount you owe if you leave the contract "tab" term is more, as part of your monthly payment is a subsidy on the phone. With Rogers, when I ported to Koodo, I had 9 months to go and had figured out what the tab price was based on what I paid before getting the phone, but when I paid off the phone, it was more, they said part of my monthly service fee went towards the cost of the phone as well.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3206 posts
1268 upvotes
Toronto
jackass_ca wrote:
May 16th, 2018 2:05 pm
Wondering, after the 2 year contract, does the price drop, as in the subsidy or "tab" for the phone is no longer included in the price?
With the bigger companies, even though you have a tab, the actual amount you owe if you leave the contract "tab" term is more, as part of your monthly payment is a subsidy on the phone. With Rogers, when I ported to Koodo, I had 9 months to go and had figured out what the tab price was based on what I paid before getting the phone, but when I paid off the phone, it was more, they said part of my monthly service fee went towards the cost of the phone as well.
No price change after 2 years. You can get another phone for 2 year contract.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2009
1889 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
I have a question that I hope someone has experienced before. Let say I'm on the $36 loyalty plan and I need more data. I ask to switch over to the $45 4GB plan but later on realize that 4GB is too much data and want to downsize back to the 3GB loyalty plan. Would Zoomer allow me to change from one higher tier plan to a lower tier price plan?

Alternative if someone is currently on the $54 5GB plan but only uses 1GB/month, can they switch to the $36 loyalty plan?
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1516 posts
875 upvotes
EdLeafs wrote:
May 16th, 2018 8:56 pm
I have a question that I hope someone has experienced before. Let say I'm on the $36 loyalty plan and I need more data. I ask to switch over to the $45 4GB plan but later on realize that 4GB is too much data and want to downsize back to the 3GB loyalty plan. Would Zoomer allow me to change from one higher tier plan to a lower tier price plan?

Alternative if someone is currently on the $54 5GB plan but only uses 1GB/month, can they switch to the $36 loyalty plan?
Yes if your initial plan on sign up was a $36 plan, then you’re fine to move around. If say you signed up for a $45 plan to begin with and got a larger subsidy value on a phone because it was a $45 plan, you can’t go down to a $36 plan without paying out your device plan.

But if you started with $36, you can switch to any of the loyalty plans after 6 months, then go back down if it’s too much money. The whole idea is you can’t go lower than your initial plan price because they are rewarding you with a larger subsidy.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2009
1889 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
shayne85 wrote:
May 16th, 2018 9:01 pm
Yes if your initial plan on sign up was a $36 plan, then you’re fine to move around. If say you signed up for a $45 plan to begin with and got a larger subsidy value on a phone because it was a $45 plan, you can’t go down to a $36 plan without paying out your device plan.

But if you started with $36, you can switch to any of the loyalty plans after 6 months, then go back down if it’s too much money. The whole idea is you can’t go lower than your initial plan price because they are rewarding you with a larger subsidy.

Perfect! Thank you.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3868 posts
2007 upvotes
Edmonton
shayne85 wrote:
May 16th, 2018 9:01 pm
You can also start with a higher plan and switch to a lower plan later, as long as you choose a device that is eligible for the lower plan.

For example, you can start with the $45 plan, and choose the Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime. Then 6 months later, switch to the $40.50 loyalty plan. That's fine because the J3 requires a minimum $40 plan.

However, if you start with the $45 plan with the LG Q6, you will not be able to switch to the $40.50 plan afterwards.
Jul 19, 2010
2 posts
1 upvote
London
Thank you for this! Me thinks I'm going to switch over from my Rogers Corporate plan to this one.

Currently on a 75 Business Bundle $75 - $15(discount) = $60
(phone already paid off)
Unlimited Canadian LD
Messaging Bundle unlimited
3GB Data
Basic VM
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28097 posts
13902 upvotes
Ottawa
jackass_ca wrote:
May 16th, 2018 2:05 pm
The subsidy was never included in the price plan!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3206 posts
1268 upvotes
Toronto
Soylent13 wrote:
May 17th, 2018 10:33 am
Thank you for this! Me thinks I'm going to switch over from my Rogers Corporate plan to this one.

Currently on a 75 Business Bundle $75 - $15(discount) = $60
(phone already paid off)
Unlimited Canadian LD
Messaging Bundle unlimited
3GB Data
Basic VM
If Rogers can offer you a good phone on your plan, then it might be as good as the Zoomer plan.
Carry Tel Internet