Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2019 6:52 pm
Banned
Aug 19, 2016
1903 posts
754 upvotes
Drewloo wrote:
May 24th, 2018 7:14 pm
All phones are unlocked now.
Nope. Try one and see if it work. It won't. I have a Telus line and it asks me for the unlock code.
I have done this many times, there is an unlock code on the wrapper.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
14772 posts
5907 upvotes
CollegeGraduate wrote:
May 24th, 2018 7:15 pm
Nope. Try one and see if it work. It won't. I have a Telus line and it asks me for the unlock code.
I have done this many times, there is an unlock code on the wrapper.
Just call them and ask for the code. It will take all of five minutes. They have great customer service. No sense in getting mad. It's just a phone.
Banned
Aug 19, 2016
1903 posts
754 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
May 24th, 2018 7:19 pm
Just call them and ask for the code. It will take all of five minutes. They have great customer service. No sense in getting mad. It's just a phone.
The phone I received feels like a used phone. So dirty.

I have been on hold for more than 10 minutes.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
14772 posts
5907 upvotes
CollegeGraduate wrote:
May 24th, 2018 7:19 pm
The phone I received feels like a used phone. So dirty.

I have been on hold for more than 10 minutes.
I received my phone in the same condition and it was mint. Are you seriously complaining about fingerprints?

The $36 plan through Zoomer is an unbelievable deal. I'm kind of shocked you're complaining. You can actually get $260 for that phone on the open market.
Banned
Aug 19, 2016
1903 posts
754 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
May 24th, 2018 7:23 pm
I received my phone in the same condition and it was mint. Are you seriously complaining about fingerprints?

The $36 plan through Zoomer is an unbelievable deal. I'm kind of shocked you're complaining. You can actually get $260 for that phone on the open market.
There is no unlock code. I can't sell it to anyone that is not on Rogers' network. Trust me, no one likes an open box.

And yeah, they don't have the unlock code for me. I wish I didn't have to go through with this. My current plan with Telus is not bad. $50/5GB.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10751 posts
9851 upvotes
CollegeGraduate wrote:
May 24th, 2018 7:27 pm
There is no unlock code. I can't sell it to anyone that is not on Rogers' network. Trust me, no one likes an open box.

And yeah, they don't have the unlock code for me. I wish I didn't have to go through with this. My current plan with Telus is not bad. $50/5GB.
Call back to talk to the manager to get the unlock code. The unlocked code is also on the contract.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, 2x $13 250MB, $7 50min/50text, 2x $8 50min/50text,
2x Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone
Banned
Aug 19, 2016
1903 posts
754 upvotes
embguy wrote:
May 24th, 2018 7:34 pm
Call back to talk to the manager to get the unlock code. The unlocked code is also on the contract.
The CSR sent a request to the technical team and he will reply to me tomorrow. Hope they have something for me. On the contract you said? I don't see it on my contract, it's at their end right?

I just didn't like the idea they opened the phone and inserted the SIM card. I am not 80 year old or anything.
I bought Huawei P10 from Rogers before, and the unlock code was on the wrapper. That is why I am so certain that it should have been on the wrapper.
Huawei GR5 unlock code is on the box.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
3026 posts
2809 upvotes
Vancouver
CollegeGraduate wrote:
May 24th, 2018 7:27 pm

Just return it and move on...
"Totally fed up with that 'Political correctness' BS... If I don't like it - you will likely hear it. "
Q.T.
Dec 9, 2010
424 posts
69 upvotes
The guy is a troll.

My Zoomer Wireless cell phone plan:
$36 monthly, 3GB Rogers LTE data, 400 Canada-wide min, Unlimited text
$50 referral bonus, and free Samsung J3 cell phone
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1306 posts
945 upvotes
CollegeGraduate wrote:
May 24th, 2018 7:39 pm
The CSR sent a request to the technical team and he will reply to me tomorrow. Hope they have something for me. On the contract you said? I don't see it on my contract, it's at their end right?

I just didn't like the idea they opened the phone and inserted the SIM card. I am not 80 year old or anything.
I bought Huawei P10 from Rogers before, and the unlock code was on the wrapper. That is why I am so certain that it should have been on the wrapper.
Huawei GR5 unlock code is on the box.
dude sooner was meant for seniors. I did request them not to insert the Sim and they didn't but it was open. oh well, for the price I won't complain. if your SO UNHAPPY then return it. you have 30 days. go to a different service provider. see you win....

(I suspect you will stay and are complaining for the sake of complaining)
Banned
Aug 19, 2016
1903 posts
754 upvotes
karnige wrote:
May 24th, 2018 8:30 pm
dude sooner was meant for seniors. I did request them not to insert the Sim and they didn't but it was open. oh well, for the price I won't complain. if your SO UNHAPPY then return it. you have 30 days. go to a different service provider. see you win....

(I suspect you will stay and are complaining for the sake of complaining)
I have been with Telus 10+ years and never once called them. Maybe once when the $60/10GB deal was on, but couldn't get through.

Anyways, if Zoomer is what it is, I will settle. I have more lines to bring over and I expect I will get the same services (opened phone). I won't go crazy the next time that happens.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10751 posts
9851 upvotes
CollegeGraduate wrote:
May 24th, 2018 8:45 pm
I have been with Telus 10+ years and never once called them. Maybe once when the $60/10GB deal was on, but couldn't get through.

Anyways, if Zoomer is what it is, I will settle. I have more lines to bring over and I expect I will get the same services (opened phone). I won't go crazy the next time that happens.
It is unfortunate that you encounter open box issue. I have been with Zoomer(Cityfone) over 3.5 years. People always complain about the open box. But they are new phone. 2014 November, people can request to receive a sealed phone. IIRC, 2016 Zoomer stop to entertain sealed box phone even you request for a sealed box. Since Cityfone does not have retail location, they want to make sure the new phone works.

About resell value on an open box phone, it will sell at higher price. I have sold BNIB open box phones and sealed-in-box phones. I admit that the sealed-in-box phone are easier to sell. I sold open box Samsung Core LTE (Zoomer phone in 2015/16) for $195 while other on RFD were get $140 or lower.

For your P10 Lite, stay claim if you do not get any offer for weeks. That is the problem in selling non-brand name phone. What? Huawei? You don't get call because of name recognition. I listed my Virgin P10 Lite for over 2 months. I did not get too many offers - not even low ball offer. One day, out of the blue, I got an offer to buy my P10 Lite at my asking price $299. I always list my phone about $30 higher than I want to let go as Kijiji buyers like to haggle. If you want to sell your P10 lite quick, don't list it at $299. Otherwise, prepare to wait. But all you need is one buyer- NOT 10 buyers unless you are moving more phone lines to Zoomer. Good luck if you decided to stay.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5367 posts
850 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
I just found this thread - read through the first five pages and then from page 135 on so I may have missed something iomportant, but I have a few questions that I didn't see covered.
Maybe someone can comment on them:
1. I'm a Zoomer wireless home phone customer - have been for a few years -would I be considered a new Zoomer customer for the $36/3 GB data plan or am I an existing customer and not eligible for it? I never had a Zoomer cell phone plan before, just the home phone.
2. I currently have a plan with Bell which I got when I was living in Montreal - it has a 514 number. Three years ago I moved to Ontario and kept my old 514 cellphone number. Now I read that some cell phone providers cannot (or maybe will not) give one a Quebec number unless one has a Quebec billing address (which I no longer have). Any idea if I can port my existing 514 number to Zoomers using my current address?
3. I currently have an older Samsung S4 phone which I would like to continue using. It's unlocked. But I'm wondering how that would work with the new Zoomer SIM card if they insert it in the phone I need to buy as part of the $36.- promotion - not the electrical but the physical part. I think the Samsung takes a micro whereas the new Zoomer phone may take a nanoSIM which then would be too small.
[removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on May 24th, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reported content removed
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10751 posts
9851 upvotes
krs wrote:
May 24th, 2018 10:06 pm
I just found this thread - read through the first five pages and then from page 135 on so I may have missed something iomportant, but I have a few questions that I didn't see covered.
Maybe someone can comment on them:
1. I'm a Zoomer wireless home phone customer - have been for a few years -would I be considered a new Zoomer customer for the $36/3 GB data plan or am I an existing customer and not eligible for it? I never had a Zoomer cell phone plan before, just the home phone.
2. I currently have a plan with Bell which I got when I was living in Montreal - it has a 514 number. Three years ago I moved to Ontario and kept my old 514 cellphone number. Now I read that some cell phone providers cannot (or maybe will not) give one a Quebec number unless one has a Quebec billing address (which I no longer have). Any idea if I can port my existing 514 number to Zoomers using my current address?
3. I currently have an older Samsung S4 phone which I would like to continue using. It's unlocked. But I'm wondering how that would work with the new Zoomer SIM card if they insert it in the phone I need to buy as part of the $36.- promotion - not the electrical but the physical part. I think the Samsung takes a micro whereas the new Zoomer phone may take a nanoSIM which then would be too small.
1. Home phone is separate from mobile phone. You can still get the $36/3GB plan.
2. My billing address is in AB. I had no problem porting a ON number over one of my AB number.
3. Zoomer uses 3-in-1 SIM card. You can use it as a Mini, Micro or Nano SIM.
[removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on May 24th, 2018 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: the post you are responding to was edited