Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2019 12:28 pm
Nov 14, 2003
216 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
krs wrote:
May 24th, 2018 10:06 pm
I just found this thread - read through the first five pages and then from page 135 on so I may have missed something iomportant, but I have a few questions that I didn't see covered.
Maybe someone can comment on them:

3. I currently have an older Samsung S4 phone which I would like to continue using. It's unlocked. But I'm wondering how that would work with the new Zoomer SIM card if they insert it in the phone I need to buy as part of the $36.- promotion - not the electrical but the physical part. I think the Samsung takes a micro whereas the new Zoomer phone may take a nanoSIM which then would be too small.
[removed]
1. Not sure, you may have to open a new/second account to get the referral bonus, if that is important to you.
3. Tell them to *not* insert the SIM in the free phone, so you can punch out the correct size to fit your S4.
Dec 24, 2009
666 posts
288 upvotes
Is this worth giving up my grandfather bell plan, $68+tax for 6GB data, unlimited talk text CAN wide? How is the coverage with zoomer, my Bell coverage has been awesome.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3204 posts
1267 upvotes
Toronto
Ken_vs_Ryu wrote:
May 25th, 2018 9:11 am
Is this worth giving up my grandfather bell plan, $68+tax for 6GB data, unlimited talk text CAN wide? How is the coverage with zoomer, my Bell coverage has been awesome.
It depends on the phone selections with your Bell plan and your usage pattern. If you get huge phone subsidy with your Bell plan, then you can still keep it.

What is your monthly data usuage? Are you comfortable with only 3GB data?

Zoomer's coverage is the same with Rogers. If you know anyone on Rogers/Fido, check with them on network coverage in your area. Generally, coverage should not be a problem.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5105 posts
751 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
Cnsultnt wrote:
May 25th, 2018 9:00 am
1. Not sure, you may have to open a new/second account to get the referral bonus, if that is important to you.
3. Tell them to *not* insert the SIM in the free phone, so you can punch out the correct size to fit your S4.
Thanks for the replies embguy and Cnsultnt

As to the referral bonus it's not particularly important, I just don't want to leave any money on the table.

As to the SIM card, I read earlier on this thread that even if you ask Zoomers to not insert the SIM card, they still do.
Does anyone have any first hand experience rgarding that?
Or can I get/buy another SIM card if the one they put into the free phone is too small, ie a NanoSim?
I would try to get the iphone 5 as the freebee if it's still available, otherwise I could pick a free phone that takes the same size SIM as the Samsung one.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3204 posts
1267 upvotes
Toronto
krs wrote:
May 25th, 2018 10:11 am

As to the referral bonus it's not particularly important, I just don't want to leave any money on the table.

As to the SIM card, I read earlier on this thread that even if you ask Zoomers to not insert the SIM card, they still do.
Or can I get/buy another SIM card if the one they put into the free phone is too small, ie a NanoSim?
I would try to get the iphone 5 as the freebee if it's still available, otherwise I could pick a free phone that takes the same size SIM as the Samsung one.
They will not insert the sim card if you asked. They will only open the box to check contents.

Even if they punch out the nano sim card, you can easily use the 3-in-1 sim card package as an adaptor.

You can also get this from a friend, or buy a adaptor off eBay. There is a lot of easy way to get this done. You can even use cupborad and tape to make one.

iPhone 5S is out of stock as I know.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10244 posts
9455 upvotes
krs wrote:
May 25th, 2018 10:11 am

Don't worry about the SIM card size. Zoomer 3-in-1 SIM card consists of a Nano SIM card, Nano-to-Micro adapter and Micro-to-Mini adapter. Even if Zoomer takes out the Nano SIM out of the package, you can easily put the Nano DIM into the Nano-to-Micro SIM adapter and use it in your Samsung S4. BTW, Zoomer will send the adapters to you with your phone.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5105 posts
751 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
OK, thanks, one hopefully final question:

In this link:

https://www.zoomerwireless.ca/promotions/319

is the "Smartphone Plan" the $36.- plan we're talking about?

If so, the data usage shown is 2GB and the bonus of 1 GB is already included in the 2GB, so I'm wondering where the 3GB of data comes from in the title of this thread.
Dec 9, 2008
103 posts
3 upvotes
Retrodude wrote:
May 25th, 2018 10:24 am
Looks like current promos are extended to June 30th.

Bottom of page in more details:
https://www.zoomerwireless.ca/promotions/319
That is for the double data + 1GB bonus. I think the 2GB bonus (which is not advertised, but you will get it if you call in) may still expire at the end of May.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
2825 posts
856 upvotes
CollegeGraduate wrote:
May 24th, 2018 7:19 pm
The phone I received feels like a used phone. So dirty.

I have been on hold for more than 10 minutes.
ok so based on your previous messages I see you've got a vendetta against zoomer.
But please please please please be objective and tell the truth only. No exaggerations.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2016
1903 posts
749 upvotes
SomeOtherDude wrote:
May 25th, 2018 2:30 pm
ok so based on your previous messages I see you've got a vendetta against zoomer.
But please please please please be objective and tell the truth only. No exaggerations.
The plastic wrap is damaged, can't they be a little more gentle?
I believe the phone was not handled with care because the protective wraps were a little damaged.
The box is dirty, I think it felt on the floor a few times and someone stepped on it.
The phone itself is not bad, not the cleanest, but looks okay.

I think I got used to much better service by paying a premium.
I will adjustment my expectations going forward.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18359 posts
6429 upvotes
Toronto
CollegeGraduate wrote:
May 25th, 2018 3:01 pm
The plastic wrap is damaged, can't they be a little more gentle?
I believe the phone was not handled with care because the protective wraps were a little damaged.
The box is dirty, I think it felt on the floor a few times and someone stepped on it.
The phone itself is not bad, not the cleanest, but looks okay.

I think I got used to much better service by paying a premium.
I will adjustment my expectations going forward.
Douse it in hand sanitizer. Use the 15 day return option if disinfecting doesn't yield satisfactory results. From what I can tell, they like to unbox so that they can put their label on the phone.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2004
1888 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
CollegeGraduate wrote:
May 24th, 2018 7:05 pm
Got my phone. I specially told the guy not to open the phone package. I want it to be brand new sealed. But no, they opened it and insert the SIM card. Now the resale value plunged because of that.
That's bizarre. Mine came fully sealed in the box (LG K4).
They left the SIM outside since I told them I'd be using my existing phone.
LRT: Let's Ruin Toronto
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28064 posts
13879 upvotes
Ottawa
joo wrote:
May 25th, 2018 3:41 pm
That's bizarre. Mine came fully sealed in the box (LG K4).
They left the SIM outside since I told them I'd be using my existing phone.
A few months ago, I received a hardware upgrade to the Q6 and they very meticoulsy opened the box and inserted the SIM.
It looked like nothing was touch (phone was still wrapped in the protective plastics) and for the life of me I couldn't find the SIM and thought they forgot it and only found out after I powered up the phone.
May 2, 2010
133 posts
32 upvotes
i also told them i would be using my existing phones (2 lines). They did leave the sim cards outside, but they still broke the seals of both phones I received.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

cammo_18