Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2019 9:35 pm
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10847 posts
9920 upvotes
karnige wrote:
May 28th, 2018 8:22 pm
yeah well did you contact zoomer since? you're entitled to the unlock code.... lol. you're missing out on a sale because you won't get the code. I just don't get it
+1
CollegeGraduate wrote:
May 28th, 2018 8:33 pm
Buyer was like no code no deal.
You should call Zoomer again to get the unlocked code every day until Zoomer hands you the unlocked code OR get Zoomer to replace one with unlock code. Don't let Zoomer off the hook that easy.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, 2x $13 250MB, $7 50min/50text, 2x $8 50min/50text,
2x Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, Fido $10 4GB data only plan, $0 FPL home phone
May 9, 2010
344 posts
92 upvotes
Ottawa
CollegeGraduate wrote:
So why not get the 3$ code from eBay. It won't cut into your profit margin all that much since you got the phone for free or paid 75$..
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3248 posts
932 upvotes
CollegeGraduate wrote:
I really don't get you.
All details are upfront with this deal. Nothing is even semi-hidden if you read this whole thread. Yet you keep on complaining and complaining.
You should know better than to even try to sell a phone locked to zoomer. You know its a futile effort until you get it unlocked. What are the chances that your customer happens to be on zoomer too?
So don't sit there and complain about zoomer. Go get it fixed!
Dec 9, 2010
424 posts
69 upvotes
dee88 wrote:
May 24th, 2018 8:06 pm
The guy is a troll.

My Zoomer Wireless cell phone plan:
$36 monthly, 3GB Rogers LTE data, 400 Canada-wide min, Unlimited text
$50 referral bonus, and free Samsung J3 cell phone
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3248 posts
932 upvotes
I'm seeing conflicting reports as to whether the $40 / 3gb deal is extended until end of June, or it will end on May31.
Does anyone have a definitive answer on that?
Oct 6, 2004
272 posts
66 upvotes
SomeOtherDude wrote:
May 29th, 2018 8:34 am
I'm seeing conflicting reports as to whether the $40 / 3gb deal is extended until end of June, or it will end on May31.
I'm sure the people here would know more than the people who WORK FOR ZOOMER.... :rolleyes: Call them, they don't bite.
Nov 11, 2003
430 posts
104 upvotes
Scarb
If anyone wants info from Zoomer and don't want to call, chatting with them online is just as helpful~ You can't signup fully online via chat, you will have to call them eventually.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3242 posts
1292 upvotes
Toronto
SomeOtherDude wrote:
May 29th, 2018 8:34 am
So far $36/3GB plan has not been extended. They may decide to do it on the last day of May.

Some people mentioned the June 30 expiry date because it is listed on Zoomer's website for the $36/2GB plan.

It is likely that Zoomer will extend it.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Dec 21, 2017
98 posts
122 upvotes
Sketchydrifter wrote:
May 28th, 2018 10:19 pm
So why not get the 3$ code from eBay. It won't cut into your profit margin all that much since you got the phone for free or paid 75$..
Shouldn't have to. By CRTC ruling, all phones sold after Dec 1, 2017 have to be unlocked. CRTC Consumer Rights

I just received my P10 from Zoomer. I specifically asked for my unlock code to sent. Get the package, it is nowhere to be found, not on the invoice, nothing. Call Zoomer twice, first rep tells me the phone is unlocked as they are not allowed to sell locked phones. Okay, go try to unlock it and it asks for the code I don't have. Call back again and the rep says he doesn't have one and they have to get if from their phone reseller. Tells me he will call me by end of the day.... I hear nothing. Starting to get frustrating.
Banned
Aug 19, 2016
1903 posts
754 upvotes
virtus wrote:
May 29th, 2018 11:29 pm
Shouldn't have to. By CRTC ruling, all phones sold after Dec 1, 2017 have to be unlocked. CRTC Consumer Rights

I just received my P10 from Zoomer. I specifically asked for my unlock code to sent. Get the package, it is nowhere to be found, not on the invoice, nothing. Call Zoomer twice, first rep tells me the phone is unlocked as they are not allowed to sell locked phones. Okay, go try to unlock it and it asks for the code I don't have. Call back again and the rep says he doesn't have one and they have to get if from their phone reseller. Tells me he will call me by end of the day.... I hear nothing. Starting to get frustrating.
No man, they are nice people. Just be patient. They will get it right.

I got the first unlock code, now waiting for the other 2.
Give them a week max, but call once every 2 days to ask for status update.
Apr 3, 2018
86 posts
29 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP.

For the apn setting, is it necessary to update the following inputs:
Mobile virtual network operator type: GID
Mobile virtual network operator value: CC

I didn't config MVNO type/value, but still receiving data... so I am wondering what are these two inputs used for and are they really required? Thanks.
Dec 21, 2017
98 posts
122 upvotes
CollegeGraduate wrote:
May 29th, 2018 11:49 pm
No man, they are nice people. Just be patient. They will get it right.

I got the first unlock code, now waiting for the other 2.
Give them a week max, but call once every 2 days to ask for status update.
I never said they weren't nice people. But this has nothing to do with whether they are nice (they are pleasant over the phone). They are sending out locked phones when it is illegal to do so. On top of that, it takes multiple calls and waiting to get an unlock code. These are the kind of things I would expect from Bell or Rogers, but not Zoomer.
Banned
Aug 19, 2016
1903 posts
754 upvotes
virtus wrote:
May 30th, 2018 2:15 pm
I never said they weren't nice people. But this has nothing to do with whether they are nice (they are pleasant over the phone). They are sending out locked phones when it is illegal to do so. On top of that, it takes multiple calls and waiting to get an unlock code. These are the kind of things I would expect from Bell or Rogers, but not Zoomer.
Rogers send their phones out locked as well. However, they do have the unlock code attached on the phone.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1340 posts
1004 upvotes
virtus wrote:
May 30th, 2018 2:15 pm
it's been said the CS reps think they are unlocked and some arent. there is obviously a mix up. relax they will sort it out. they are good people.
Jul 23, 2002
131 posts
20 upvotes
Received a phone call from a Zoomer representative this morning advising that the 3 gb promo plan has been extended until the end of June.

Currently have one line with Zoomer, and planning to port over another two lines from Fido but going to wait until the billing cycle ends this middle of June to port out.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

hockey9898