Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2019 5:59 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2008
1114 posts
198 upvotes
End of nowhere
h-rev wrote:
Jun 4th, 2018 1:04 am
Yes, Zoomer does allow you to change the number but they will charge you and I was told by the Zoomer rep that you cannot pick the number and number is randomly assigned.

What I did was signed up with Koodo because they allow you to pick a number and ported the Koodo number next day. Porting is free.
Thanks for the tip.
Jul 31, 2009
102 posts
20 upvotes
loserga wrote:
Jun 1st, 2018 9:45 am
Have you tried verifying whether your RAM is actually UFS 2.1 or emmc? It could be that your phone is just defective.

We've had our P10 Lite for over a week and haven't noticed any significant performance issues so far.
I ran the test to check the RAM speed and it was came in as the slower RAM. The phone worked fine after the factory reset for a week or so.
Jul 31, 2009
102 posts
20 upvotes
9613019 wrote:
Jun 1st, 2018 9:31 am
It might be a problem with the apps you installed. You can try to do factory reset and use the phone for 2 weeks without installing many apps to see whether you still have the same issue.
Not really a long term fix though as she should be able to run the apps she wants to run. Her old phone (Moto X Play) worked fine for the most part running the same apps. She is not doing anything super intensive on the phone, mostly social media and some productivity apps. I'll probably try tech support and see if they have identified anything that may be an issue with this phone.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3206 posts
1268 upvotes
Toronto
browntrout wrote:
Jun 4th, 2018 11:22 am
Not really a long term fix though as she should be able to run the apps she wants to run. Her old phone (Moto X Play) worked fine for the most part running the same apps. She is not doing anything super intensive on the phone, mostly social media and some productivity apps. I'll probably try tech support and see if they have identified anything that may be an issue with this phone.
If you are still within 30 days, Call Zoomer to get another phone, such as LG Q6. They may charge for shipping.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2006
1045 posts
622 upvotes
Calgary
Cnsultnt wrote:
Jun 1st, 2018 8:51 am
It is faster on a custom ROM, but it will never be a flagship phone.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/honor- ... 4-t3528488

I wouldn't worry about voiding the warranty, especially since you already want a newer / better phone!
I have installed this and my GR5 still sucks. My old Nexus 4 is faster. I think the phone's memory or the lack of it is the problem. I have tried memory cleaners, freezing all unnecessary apps.. nothing really helps. Lineageos is better then the stock phone, but not much better. I constantly have to reboot the phone for it to get it to respond half decently. This phone sucks ! I have ordered a used pixel and can't wait for it to arrive to replace this.
Apr 23, 2003
347 posts
130 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
lord wayne wrote:
Jun 4th, 2018 2:33 pm
I have installed this and my GR5 still sucks. My old Nexus 4 is faster. I think the phone's memory or the lack of it is the problem. I have tried memory cleaners, freezing all unnecessary apps.. nothing really helps. Lineageos is better then the stock phone, but not much better. I constantly have to reboot the phone for it to get it to respond half decently. This phone sucks ! I have ordered a used pixel and can't wait for it to arrive to replace this.
Try crDroid 3.8 with Pixel 2 UI port. It should help a bit. However, the storage on the GR5 is a bit slow - reminds me of my Nexus 7 2012.
Nov 14, 2003
216 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
lord wayne wrote:
Jun 4th, 2018 2:33 pm
Agreed. I ended up with a Samsung A5 on a Koodo deal; much happier (except for the camera).
Jun 2, 2011
67 posts
49 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I activated a zoomer SIM today with a Nexus 6p and it looks to be working but the LTE is very slow (less than 3Mbps).
I noticed the APN settings are locked to ltemobile.apn rather than rogers-core-appl1.apn which is listed in the Zoomer FAQ.
The APN settings are locked and I can't add a new one.

I'll probably call their support line tomorrow, but I just wondered if anyone else was experiencing the same thing.

[Edit]. This sorted itself out. The APNs are still different than the ones on the zoomer site but it's working so who knows.
Last edited by mizunox on Jun 4th, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 1, 2017
722 posts
1024 upvotes
I noticed I've been getting more spam calls on Rogers/Zoomer than with Virgin/Bell. My other line is the same. Anyone has similar experiences?
Feb 6, 2013
22 posts
11 upvotes
aintic wrote:
Jun 4th, 2018 8:57 pm
I noticed I've been getting more spam calls on Rogers/Zoomer than with Virgin/Bell. My other line is the same. Anyone has similar experiences?
I was with Rogers for 15+ years and barely had any spam calls.
Aug 21, 2017
30 posts
3 upvotes
Can I use my own cellphone and sell the provided contract one?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3206 posts
1268 upvotes
Toronto
fiddlewin wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 10:13 am
Can I use my own cellphone and sell the provided contract one?
Yes, you are free to do that. Many people have done this and even the Zoomer reps may suggest you to do that if you are not like their phones.
Carry Tel Internet
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3206 posts
1268 upvotes
Toronto
kornkid wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 11:55 am
Anybody using Zoomer in GTA region? How’s the coverage?
I am happy with its coverage. I also travelled to other cities and provinces and had no complaints. When I was in Nova Scotia, it sometimes switched to Bell's tower as free extended coverage.

My only issue was wrong US roaming charges when I was at this side of the boarder (Niagara Falls). A easy chat with Zoomer got it credited.
Carry Tel Internet
Mar 9, 2015
181 posts
99 upvotes
Calgary, AB
9613019 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 12:05 pm
My only issue was wrong US roaming charges when I was at this side of the boarder (Niagara Falls). A easy chat with Zoomer got it credited.
I leave my data roaming OFF and I still 'roam' to Bell/Telus. Maybe you should try that, should avoid US roaming?!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

illogic