Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2019 12:28 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3204 posts
1267 upvotes
Toronto
lekidyyc wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 12:10 pm
I leave my data roaming OFF and I still 'roam' to Bell/Telus. Maybe you should try that, should avoid US roaming?!
Really? This is from Rogers.

Do I need to do anything to start using Extended Coverage?

Talk and text services will work once you enter an Extended Coverage area and your device connects to Extended Coverage. To use the internet for email, maps and more, just make sure data roaming is turned on in your device settings.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support ... erage-faqs
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Mar 9, 2015
181 posts
99 upvotes
Calgary, AB
9613019 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 12:17 pm
Really? This is from Rogers.

Do I need to do anything to start using Extended Coverage?

Talk and text services will work once you enter an Extended Coverage area and your device connects to Extended Coverage. To use the internet for email, maps and more, just make sure data roaming is turned on in your device settings.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support ... erage-faqs
I know, saw that too. I turned it off for a quick trip to US and forgot to turn it back on. I used to travel to Labrador City for work and was on Bell network without the data roaming ON.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3204 posts
1267 upvotes
Toronto
lekidyyc wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 12:24 pm
I know, saw that too. I turned it off for a quick trip to US and forgot to turn it back on. I used to travel to Labrador City for work and was on Bell network without the data roaming ON.
Will test it next time when I roam to Bell/Telus.
Carry Tel Internet
Nov 6, 2004
255 posts
59 upvotes
DStriderX wrote:
Apr 27th, 2018 5:11 pm
You need to call in to change pre-authorized billing info. You won't need to wait too long before you are able to talk to a CSR.

However, you may make payments with any credit card online after you login to your account.
Is it just me, or has the option to "Pay Now" online via My Account been removed at some point in the last few weeks?

I wanted to make a lump sum payment using my Amex on both my account and my wife's account, but can't find the option anywhere anymore. Their FAQs don't mention it anywhere either.
Apr 23, 2003
347 posts
130 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
CanuckFan wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 11:41 pm
Is it just me, or has the option to "Pay Now" online via My Account been removed at some point in the last few weeks?

I wanted to make a lump sum payment using my Amex on both my account and my wife's account, but can't find the option anywhere anymore. Their FAQs don't mention it anywhere either.
Logged into my account, I don't see that pay option either.

It may be due to the fact, that new billing cycle has not commenced yet because my account says my billing cycle refreshes in two days and my account has no arrears.
Nov 6, 2004
255 posts
59 upvotes
DStriderX wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 2:26 pm
Logged into my account, I don't see that pay option either.

It may be due to the fact, that new billing cycle has not commenced yet because my account says my billing cycle refreshes in two days and my account has no arrears.
Hopefully, but probably not. A month or two ago I made a payment via credit card online and had a credit on my account still at the time so I suspect they've just outright removed it. Seems weird that they'd force you to call in to make a non-pre-authorized payment or to change your credit card..
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3183 posts
30 upvotes
Does zoomer allow number port-in while signing up for this $36 promotional plan? Any associated fees?
HEATWARE 47+ : BST 27+ : EBAY 212+ (links on request)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3204 posts
1267 upvotes
Toronto
dinesh_zee wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 12:23 pm
Does zoomer allow number port-in while signing up for this $36 promotional plan? Any associated fees?
You can do port-in after you receive their shipment. It is free.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
4700 posts
1453 upvotes
Canuckland
Never mind , is the bonus permanent?

Also, is it possible to get this without phone?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1160 posts
727 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 2:02 am

yes you keep the plan month to
month after the 2 year is done. you cant get this plan without getting a phone. for some reason if you get a plan with zoomer with a byod it's a rip off. go figure. get the phone and sell it. that's what a lot of ppl do. I just gave it to my brother.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1160 posts
727 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote:

month after the 2 year is done. you cant get this plan without getting a phone. for some reason if you get a plan with zoomer with a byod it's a rip off. go figure. get the phone and sell it. that's what a lot of ppl do. I just gave it to my brother.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8164 posts
3264 upvotes
Markham
karnige wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 4:39 am
Because otherwise they can't really force you to sign a term contract, that's the only reason they can give you a cheaper plan. Effectively they are applying the retail price of the phone as the Early Cancellation Fee which they otherwise cannot charge.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3204 posts
1267 upvotes
Toronto
DealCanuck wrote:

If you need a BYOD plan, you can think it in another way.

You can get a cheapest phone and you only owe them $100 as device balance. If you cancel your plan after 1 year, you only need to pay them $50 as "cancellation cost".

Many people sell their free phones and further lower the cancellation cost.

In my opinion, a 2 year contract is not that bad.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28041 posts
13856 upvotes
Ottawa
9613019 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 8:37 am
If you need a BYOD plan, you can think it in another way.

You can get a cheapest phone and you only owe them $100 as device balance. If you cancel your plan after 1 year, you only need to pay them $50 as "cancellation cost".

Many people sell their free phones and further lower the cancellation cost.

In my opinion, a 2 year contract is not that bad.
+1, already into year 3.
Sep 4, 2014
536 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto, ON
How much is the Samsung A8 on the 36$ plan?? Same as the p10 lite?