Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2019 12:28 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3204 posts
1267 upvotes
Toronto
CHILLPILL123 wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2018 2:20 am
Currently of Virgin unlimited province wide calling, 4gb of data. Was 40 bucks but now 45. I am thinking about switching to this plan, but I'm not sure if this is a good idea. I just want to pay less for my monthly bill but I'm unsure of Cost/benefit ratio.
Call Virgin first and they may match the zoomer offer.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Dec 20, 2016
57 posts
3 upvotes
Called virgin twice and they said that what I had now was the best and they couldn't offer me anything better. It looks like I shall be signing up with Zoomer.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1160 posts
727 upvotes
CHILLPILL123 wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2018 1:52 pm
Called virgin twice and they said that what I had now was the best and they couldn't offer me anything better. It looks like I shall be signing up with Zoomer.
that might convince them to offer you a better plan once you fully commit to cancelling.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3204 posts
1267 upvotes
Toronto
CHILLPILL123 wrote:
Have you checked with them for a plan with phone subsidy?
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10227 posts
9443 upvotes
CHILLPILL123 wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2018 2:20 am
Currently of Virgin unlimited province wide calling, 4gb of data. Was 40 bucks but now 45. I am thinking about switching to this plan, but I'm not sure if this is a good idea. I just want to pay less for my monthly bill but I'm unsure of Cost/benefit ratio.
CHILLPILL123 wrote:
The $36 3GB market plan has only 400 minutes. Data overage is 5 cents/MB at 1MB increment.
Is this martket plan meet your usage pattern?
Currently, you have unlimited minutes and 4GB data. It will cost you to cancel the 2 years contract if you need to cancel.

After 6 months, you can switch to loyalty plan with unlimited minutes. If you want to keep the same $36 monthly payment, you will have only 2GB/month.

======================
Current market plan
2 years contract $36 market plan with free phone
- 400 CW daytime minutes + 3GB data + unlimited MMS
- Need to sign a 2 years contract and get a free phone
- Cancellation within 2 years - pay the device account balance.
- There is no monthly phone payment like Koodo tab. Zoomer will write down your phone account by $10.42/m($250/24)
- Data overage is 5 cents/1MB data at 1MB increment.

No contract month-to-month $36 market plan - no free phone
- 200 CW daytime minutes + 500MB data

Loyalty Plan after staying with Zoomer for 6 months
- Enhanced voicemail
- Data overage is 2 cents/1MB data at 1MB increment.
- You can switch to any loyalty plan after 6 months without paying your device balance as long as your monthly payment remains the same or higher.

$36 loyalty plan - unlimited CW minutes + 2GB data + unlimited MMS
$40.5 loyalty plan (NEW) - unlimited CW minutes + 3GB data + unlimited MMS
$45 loyalty plan - unlimited CW minutes + 4GB data + unlimited MMS
$54 loyalty plan - unlimited CW minutes + 5GB data + unlimited MMS
======================
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Dec 20, 2016
57 posts
3 upvotes
Its more about the data than the minutes, who uses that many minutes anymore? The 3gbs of data is more of a concern for me, but I want to save the 10 bucks a month.

Unless there is another provider that can provide 40/4gb with LTE speeds, I think I might stay with zoomer.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5097 posts
741 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
CHILLPILL123 wrote:
I don't have the time to haggle with my existing provider about the rates - certainly not twice.
They are lucky if I call them once about the rate especially now with unlocked phones and the ease of porting number.

And then the Zoomer CSRs so far are far superior to any other company I have dealt with, no long queues to reach someone, no issues with billing.
I really don't understand why Rogers, Bell, Telus or their subsiduaries can't operate that way.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10227 posts
9443 upvotes
CHILLPILL123 wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2018 2:16 pm
Its more about the data than the minutes, who uses that many minutes anymore? The 3gbs of data is more of a concern for me, but I want to save the 10 bucks a month.

Unless there is another provider that can provide 40/4gb with LTE speeds, I think I might stay with zoomer.
So, is the 3GB/m data enough for you?
If yes, by all mean, get the current $36 3GB market plan because you can continue with the same plan after 2 years on month-to-month as long as your are not changing it.
Otherwise, better think twice before joining Zoomer. I have seen RFDers forced them to fit their usage to Zoomer $36 plan and regretted later for signing the 2 years contract.

Nothing wrong to go ahead if you are willing to accept the risk of cancel early. Since you are saving $10/m, if you need to cancel Zoomer plan after 1 year, you saving from the first year will cover the cancellation.
Dec 20, 2016
57 posts
3 upvotes
embguy wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2018 4:05 pm
So, is the 3GB/m data enough for you?
If yes, by all mean, get the current $36 3GB market plan because you can continue with the same plan after 2 years on month-to-month as long as your are not changing it.
Otherwise, better think twice before joining Zoomer. I have seen RFDers forced them to fit their usage to Zoomer $36 plan and regretted later for signing the 2 years contract.

Nothing wrong to go ahead if you are willing to accept the risk of cancel early. Since you are saving $10/m, if you need to cancel Zoomer plan after 1 year, you saving from the first year will cover the cancellation.
I would have to monitor my usage as I can easily use up 3, but have never gone over 4.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10227 posts
9443 upvotes
CHILLPILL123 wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2018 5:06 pm
I would have to monitor my usage as I can easily use up 3, but have never gone over 4.
As I mentioned above, Zoomer has a loyalty $45 plan with unlimited CW minutes and 4GB data. If you find out 3GB is not enough, you can switch to that plan. But it will cost the same as your are paying at Virgin. On the other hand, you can continue to keep the saving and use the saving to pay for data overage at 5 cents/MB data at 1MB increment. It is not like the Big 3 charging $7/100MB even if you over only 1 byte.

I am with Zoomer almost 4 years. Zoomer has not raised any plan price. Overtime, Zoomer gave us more for the same price. I started out with the $36 plan with 1GB data + 400 minutes. Then, Zoomer gave me extra 1GB data for the same $36. Within couple of week, Zoomer created the loyalty plans listed in my previous post.
Dec 20, 2016
57 posts
3 upvotes
embguy wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2018 7:49 pm
As I mentioned above, Zoomer has a loyalty $45 plan with unlimited CW minutes and 4GB data. If you find out 3GB is not enough, you can switch to that plan. But it will cost the same as your are paying at Virgin. On the other hand, you can continue to keep the saving and use the saving to pay for data overage at 5 cents/MB data at 1MB increment. It is not like the Big 3 charging $7/100MB even if you over only 1 byte.

I am with Zoomer almost 4 years. Zoomer has not raised any plan price. Overtime, Zoomer gave us more for the same price. I started out with the $36 plan with 1GB data + 400 minutes. Then, Zoomer gave me extra 1GB data for the same $36. Within couple of week, Zoomer created the loyalty plans listed in my previous post.
I would have to wait 6 months for that right? Also how do the referrals work? Can I receive it multiple times?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10227 posts
9443 upvotes
CHILLPILL123 wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2018 8:07 pm
I would have to wait 6 months for that right? Also how do the referrals work? Can I receive it multiple times?
Yes. You need to wait 6 months for any loyalty plans.
Only one refer-in credit per account. But you have unlimited refer-out credit per account.
Dec 16, 2009
91 posts
6 upvotes
My daughter is on Speakout (without data) and she can't do MMS or group texts, apparently (she has an iphone 5). If I put her on the Zoomer Talk & Text plan do you know if she would be able to do MMS and group texts?
May 13, 2018
5 posts
22 upvotes
Trying to be cheap by getting a phone and sell it asap to reduce bleed. 2GB is good enough but sure would love to see less bleeding just in case any cancellation within 2 years.

So which phone is the best if I just want to sell real quick?

Many thanks.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1160 posts
727 upvotes
miquelonlake wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2018 8:51 pm
My daughter is on Speakout (without data) and she can't do MMS or group texts, apparently (she has an iphone 5). If I put her on the Zoomer Talk & Text plan do you know if she would be able to do MMS and group texts?
just chat or call them up. I know they have mms add-ons for cheap I just don't know if you need data. usually have had to in the past unless it's changed.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)