Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2019 7:38 pm
Oct 6, 2004
272 posts
66 upvotes
Snorlax91 wrote:
Sep 26th, 2018 9:09 pm
Tried calling as well as chat. Neither would give me the 4gb unfortunately. They said I had to be signed up either within the last 30 days or be signed up for 6 months in order to get the 4gb. I signed up 3 months ago.
You signed up for a plan with 3 GB for 2 years...is it really a hardship to go another 3 months before you earn a loyalty plan?
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1260 posts
624 upvotes
Earth
Ferkner wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 8:29 am
Does the text messaging for this plan include picture and video texts? (EDIT: yes it does).

Now, since I plan on using the phone I would get, which is the better choice: the Moto E5 which was released this year, or the J3 which is two years old?
Since the full cost of the Moto E5 is $150 versus $$250 for the Samsung j3, the Moto E5 is the better choice, if you think you might need to cancel the plan before two years.

The Moto E5 has a slightly larger display and is newer, so it will probably receive a few more OS updates compared to the J3.
Reading up on gsmarena and the J3 was announced in Nov 2015, while the E5 was announced in April 2018, wow!
Zoomer Wireless: $45 6GB 4G LTE
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1260 posts
624 upvotes
Earth
joe77 wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 7:01 am
Anyway not to get a phone and still get the plan? Id like to see what blackfriday has for koodo but could really use a cheaper plan. Currently on 5 dollar tablet plan but im missing calls and its costing me money. How long do I have to return if something comes up better for koodo?
Getting a phone is required for the two year terms.

From Zoomer Wireless' Mobile FAQ's...

Mobile FAQ...

How does the 30-day Money Back Guarantee work?
You may return Equipment purchased from Cityfone within 30 days from the date of activation of the Equipment to us as long as you return it to us in complete and original condition and you have not used more than your plan’s monthly voice, text and data usage limits.
Cityfone will refund you the purchase price for the returned Equipment and will not charge you any early cancellation fee, provided that you return the Equipment in its original condition, together with all accessories, manuals and packaging. If your Equipment is not returned in its complete and original condition or any accessories, manuals or packaging are missing or damaged, Cityfone may, at its discretion, still accept the return of your Equipment. However, we may charge a replacement fee for any of the missing or damaged items. A list of these fees is available on the Charges and Service Fees page. You will be billed for all charges incurred up to the cancellation date. After 30 days, you will be responsible for an early cancellation fee equal to the device subsidy multiplied by the number of months remaining in your contract term divided by the total number of months of your term (plus applicable taxes).
Public Mobile
Dec 3, 2007
942 posts
212 upvotes
Ottawa
Oatmeal wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 9:59 am
Since the full cost of the Moto E5 is $150 versus $$250 for the Samsung j3, the Moto E5 is the better choice, if you think you might need to cancel the plan before two years.

The Moto E5 has a slightly larger display and is newer, so it will probably receive a few more OS updates compared to the J3.
Reading up on gsmarena and the J3 was announced in Nov 2015, while the E5 was announced in April 2018, wow!
That was my thought. My Lumia 640 is getting old and slow (and buggy), and it will be a while before I can shell out money for something like the Zenfone 5z, so I'd like this phone to be good and updated for at least a year. I'm not sure I am confident the version of the J3 they are offering will still get updates in a year. And the reviews for the E5 are pretty good for what the phone is.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1260 posts
624 upvotes
Earth
Ferkner wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 10:49 am
That was my thought. My Lumia 640 is getting old and slow (and buggy), and it will be a while before I can shell out money for something like the Zenfone 5z, so I'd like this phone to be good and updated for at least a year. I'm not sure I am confident the version of the J3 they are offering will still get updates in a year. And the reviews for the E5 are pretty good for what the phone is.
The best thing is the cost of the phone is included in the plan price. No additional tab charge.

Now that you've decided to go with Zoomer, start referring (once you're fully signed up) your friends and family members, to get the additional referral credits. Since its currently at $50 per referral (up from $25) until Oct 10th, you could have your monthly bill paid for a couple months depending on how many people you refer.
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1260 posts
624 upvotes
Earth
PSA 1: Since the $36 4GB plan expires today (if it doesn't get extended) their phone lines/online chat may be swamped. In the past, people looking to sign-up sent Zoomer Wireless an email requesting a call back to sign-up for this plan - YMMV, but worth a shot if you can't get through via phone/chat.

Send Zoomer an email through their Contact Us page:
Zoomer Wireless Contact Us...

PSA 2: You can sign-up without a referral, and call in after (within a couple of days), with your referral. Since their phone lines/online chat may be busy, the first priority is to get onto the $36 4GB plan.

For referrals, their website says you need the referrer's name and their Zoomer Wireless number, however in the past just giving them the referrer's account number and name worked as well.

Back in the day we were falling over ourselves to sign-up for the $36 2GB plan, now they're starting with 4GB at that price. Granted, what we were all waiting for were their loyalty plans. I remember thinking, what if the loyalty plans are not offered when I reach the 6 month mark? Well, here we are years later and competition is alive and well, and they're still offering loyalty bonuses, which continue to improve to counter what the competition is offering.
Public Mobile
May 22, 2015
214 posts
82 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
Just aheads up. I got resistance but they added 1gb to my plan even though I'm only 3 months into 3gb contract. Don't take no for an answer. Rep even informed me that they did give data for a few days to people not eligible for loyalty. I got choked since I had called earlier this month for my family. Asked for a manager and eventually they added it.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10665 posts
9779 upvotes
phillipsbluebuck wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 5:00 pm
Just aheads up. I got resistance but they added 1gb to my plan even though I'm only 3 months into 3gb contract. Don't take no for an answer. Rep even informed me that they did give data for a few days to people not eligible for loyalty. I got choked since I had called earlier this month for my family. Asked for a manager and eventually they added it.
You are lucky as I seldom hear similar side deal from Zoomer. That is what @will888 call them not flexible as Zoomer rep always stick to their rule book.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, $7 50min/50text,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 3 lines $95/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18688 posts
6709 upvotes
Toronto
phillipsbluebuck wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 5:00 pm
Wow, this is unprecedented for Zoomer. I wonder if people like me who decided the highway when confronted pig headed stubbornness has caused them to soften a bit on 100% unconditional rule enforcement.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Jan 23, 2017
31 posts
18 upvotes
Just signed up. Used the online chat - it was actually quick. I got the 4GB without even asking for it - actually just asked what is the best deal at the moment. Porting from my corporate plan with Telus which was not the greatest (unlimited calling during the day which is nice but I hardly use it) and 3GB for $40+tax.
Dec 3, 2007
942 posts
212 upvotes
Ottawa
Signed up this afternoon and took the Motorola phone. Did a referral and the $50 was reflected in my account almost immediately. My wife also signed up and seconds after she gave me as a referral, and $50 was showing up in my account. I wish I found out about this deal earlier; I would have signed up sooner and hounded people to join with referrals.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1523 posts
327 upvotes
Toronto
I also signed up just now! Took the Moto E5 as well - it has higher megapixel cameras, newer Android version, bigger battery, slightly more RAM and a slightly bigger screen vs. the Samsung J3, plus it has a camera flash and a finger print sensor. Started via chat but they called me to complete the order. 30 minutes, nice sales rep and the web UI looks pretty straight forward. Should receive the phone and SIM in 2-5 business days.
How I try to save money: Zoomer Wireless $36 4GB LTE / Teksavvy rCable $64 100 / Freephoneline $0 / No TV! / Flipp / Foupon
How I try to make money: Stack Mastercard / KOHO Visa / Amex Biz Plat & Cobalt / GCR / Ebates / Paytm / Plastiq / Paymi
Dec 3, 2007
942 posts
212 upvotes
Ottawa
I'll be very sad to give up my Windows Phone. The OS has served me well for 7 years. I'm sort of tempted to keep using it and sell the Moto E5 and put the money towards a Zenfone 5z. Hopefully some of the launchers available to a good job of emulating the Windows Phone look.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3184 posts
2869 upvotes
Toronto
The Moto E5 is actually really nice, using an iPhone but wanted to try it out. Got the phone today and ported over online, was quick.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3109 posts
669 upvotes
Toronto
@embguy

Do they allow someone to have more than one account? My mom was declined. I was thinking of opening an account to get her the plan.