Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2019 8:19 am
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18392 posts
6482 upvotes
Toronto
bluestreak7 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 5:53 pm
So I'm guessing you're saving a bit with autopay and few referrals but the bulk of your savings is probably from being very active in their community forums?
Community reward is the highest amount but requires the most effort. Ever since, the migrations have become common occurrence, the referral credit has pretty much been decimated. Nobody stays long enough for the referring party to collect even a dab of pocket lint.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1512 posts
323 upvotes
Toronto
Are we able to use Rogers credit card rewards to pay Zoomer bills? In the other Zoomer thread, someone said they could. However, when I look at the transaction in the Mastercard Pay with Rewards app, it says "This expense is not eligible".
How I try to save money: Zoomer Wireless $36 4GB LTE / Teksavvy rCable $64 100 / Freephoneline $0 / No TV! / Flipp / Foupon
How I try to make money: Stack Mastercard / KOHO Visa / Amex Biz Plat & Cobalt / GCR / Ebates / Paytm / Plastiq / Paymi
Dec 1, 2017
103 posts
73 upvotes
RaptorsLeafsBlueJays…
So if they send me the Moto or Samsung phone, will the SIM card be in them already? I hope not so I can use the SIM on my existing iPhone, and try to sell the Moto or Samsung.
I like this better due to LTE (future proofing?) and sounds more protected from price increases over the PM prepaid one. Plus the referral is higher.
Do or do not. There is no try. --Yoda
Triumph starts with a "try" and ends with an... "OOMPH!" --Memphis and Mumble
Aug 10, 2011
271 posts
42 upvotes
EAST YORK
it will already be activated in your phone when you get it...no big deal its not locked so pop out the sim and put it in your iphone (assuming its unlocked). that is what i did
Freedom Promo Everywhere 50 plan ( $29.50 with 35% F&F code and $3 BTS) X2 plans
Freedom 4.5gb $25.40 plan (with $5 digital discount and 35% F&F code and $3 BTS)
Carry-Tel $34.99 75M internet plan
Bell 1gb $5 tablet plan
Dec 1, 2017
103 posts
73 upvotes
RaptorsLeafsBlueJays…
I have iPhone 5. Not sure if the SIM in the incoming phone would fit. Do I get the 3in1 adapter as well?
Aug 10, 2011
271 posts
42 upvotes
EAST YORK
all iphones from 5 later use nano sim...same that will be in your phone you get from zoomer. cant remember if they give you the adapter from 3 in one. dont think you will need it though
Freedom Promo Everywhere 50 plan ( $29.50 with 35% F&F code and $3 BTS) X2 plans
Freedom 4.5gb $25.40 plan (with $5 digital discount and 35% F&F code and $3 BTS)
Carry-Tel $34.99 75M internet plan
Bell 1gb $5 tablet plan
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1512 posts
323 upvotes
Toronto
MercHuntIsle wrote:
Oct 14th, 2018 1:11 pm
I have iPhone 5. Not sure if the SIM in the incoming phone would fit. Do I get the 3in1 adapter as well?
The SIM is a nano-SIM and is in the phone. Oddly, the SIM has no logos and is just labelled "LTE". The kit comes with punch-outs for micro-SIM and SIM sizes.
How I try to save money: Zoomer Wireless $36 4GB LTE / Teksavvy rCable $64 100 / Freephoneline $0 / No TV! / Flipp / Foupon
How I try to make money: Stack Mastercard / KOHO Visa / Amex Biz Plat & Cobalt / GCR / Ebates / Paytm / Plastiq / Paymi
Dec 1, 2017
103 posts
73 upvotes
RaptorsLeafsBlueJays…
Thanks @quanta and @bakayaroh. I have signed up. The CS was super awesome, he tempted me for the LG Q6 a much better phone but I stayed disciplined and in my budget.
Dec 1, 2017
103 posts
73 upvotes
RaptorsLeafsBlueJays…
Actually, has anyone requested the SIM not inserted into the phone so the phone is still in unopened packaging?
Edit: Might be pertinent to others, CS mentioned there's two billing cycles from 9th to 8th, and from 1st to end of month. He had no control of me falling under the 9th-8th (autopaid on 27th), I guess due to signing up today.
I always like if my bills come at 1st of month.

Edit 2: You can request this special instruction to not have the SIM inserted. Unfortunately, since I already ordered, CS said she can't add this special instruction to existing order; she'd have to redo the order, which I'm not gonna go through again.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1179 posts
732 upvotes
MercHuntIsle wrote:
Oct 14th, 2018 3:06 pm
Actually, has anyone requested the SIM not inserted into the phone so the phone is still in unopened packaging?
Edit: Might be pertinent to others, CS mentioned there's two billing cycles from 9th to 8th, and from 1st to end of month. He had no control of me falling under the 9th-8th (autopaid on 27th), I guess due to signing up today.

Edit 2: You can request this special instruction to not have the SIM inserted. Unfortunately, since I already ordered, CS said she can't add this special instruction to existing order; she'd have to redo the order, which I'm not gonna go through again.
I requested the sim not be inserted as I said I might use my own phone. Sim card wasnt inserted but the package was open. I hear its the standard which is no big deal

I had my 6 months loyalty oct 4. I was able to get 4GB, unlimited calling and texting for 36 bucks. Its funny because I asked for more data as my new job doesnt have wifi in some buildings. they gave me the extra 1gb and was about to leave and I said what else can you offer me and she said unlimited calling. its sure strange that zoomer doesnt offer the deals unless you ask. they are always very nice but a shady tactic.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3206 posts
1268 upvotes
Toronto
MercHuntIsle wrote:
Oct 14th, 2018 3:06 pm

They will open the phone package even if you ask them not to insert the sim card.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2008
1563 posts
314 upvotes
Does anyone know if the 3GB $36/Month promotion plan comes with a phone? If so what phone is it?

Thanks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3206 posts
1268 upvotes
Toronto
singhrh wrote:
Oct 15th, 2018 11:16 am
Does anyone know if the 3GB $36/Month promotion plan comes with a phone? If so what phone is it?

Thanks

Moto E5 play and Samsung J3 prime are free with the $36 plan (they have different device balance). You can also add money to get some other phones as well.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10278 posts
9478 upvotes
singhrh wrote:
Oct 15th, 2018 11:16 am

Thanks
The $36 3GB plan requires 2 year contract to get a free phone.
Free phones for $36 plan are
Moto E5 Play
Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime
LG K4 (2017)
Doro PhoneEasy 626
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
May 11, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
quanta wrote:
Oct 14th, 2018 10:50 am
Are we able to use Rogers credit card rewards to pay Zoomer bills? In the other Zoomer thread, someone said they could. However, when I look at the transaction in the Mastercard Pay with Rewards app, it says "This expense is not eligible".
Yes. Call Rogers Credit Card and tell them that you are with 'CITYFONE' owned by Rogers. They will set your credit card to use rewards towards the Zoomer/Cityphone monthly bill.