Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2019 12:28 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
3203 posts
411 upvotes
GTA
Just left Koodo for Zoomer. Tired of new activations/Public Mobile users getting better offers than pre-existing customers. Refuse to play that game.
Jan 29, 2008
358 posts
32 upvotes
Zoomer continues to be the best / most consistent phone company out there in my opinion. Been with them for 4 years. 4gb data + free phone for $40 per month is unheard of. I am very happy with them.
www.havejerseys.com - Vintage throwback movie and hip-hip jerseys. Always high quality, always low prices 😎
Jul 14, 2005
430 posts
27 upvotes
Sorry - can someone point me to the $36 plan? I don't seem to see it anywhere on the linked promotions page.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3204 posts
1267 upvotes
Toronto
grimplin wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 10:14 pm
Sorry - can someone point me to the $36 plan? I don't seem to see it anywhere on the linked promotions page.
It is not listed on their website. You need to call or chat with them to get it.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Jul 14, 2005
430 posts
27 upvotes
Is it really that easy? Just a call away

I have to get it with a phone correct? The plan isn't available if I come with my own phone.
Jul 15, 2009
239 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
grimplin wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 8:24 am

I have to get it with a phone correct? The plan isn't available if I come with my own phone.
Dealing with Zoomer is the easiest and most painless customer service experience I've ever had. You can do it online through their chat. Just say that your interested in signing up for the $36/month plan and confirm the details. If you do it through chat, they'll need to call you during the chat to confirm your identity.

You can bring your own phone, but if your planning on staying with them (why wouldn't you?), the free LG G5 is awesome (sell it or use it).
Dec 29, 2004
212 posts
154 upvotes
grimplin wrote:

Yes, you need to take a phone.

If you think you might want to break the contract before 24 months, take the flip phone. $150 ECF.

If you know you'll stick with it, get the LG G5. Should be $250 ECF, worth more to sell or keep.

Also if you have a referral, you will get a $50 bill credit, and the person referring you will get a $50 bill credit.

Personally we took the G5 when we signed up, as we won't cancel a $36 (less bill credit) 4 GB plan.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3204 posts
1267 upvotes
Toronto
grimplin wrote:

They have to give you a phone to sign a 2 year contract. They will use the device balance as early cancellation fee (kind of like penalty).

No matter you want to stay with them for 2 years or cancel at any time, it is always a better idea to get a phone that the market value is close to the device balance.

Currently, LG G5 is the best choice with $250 device balance.

If you want a BYOD plan, then it is $36 for only 500MB.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5097 posts
741 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
grimplin wrote:

Having to get a phone is really no downside - it's not that you actually have to use it.
I got a phone when I signed up and sold it, then used my own phone with the old number ported over to Zoomers.
Only downside if you want to call it that is that you have to sign up for a two-year contract and if you cancel before that you have to pay off the remaining balance of the phone.
But at the rate of this plan it's pretty unlikely you will find something better in two years.

And as others have mentioned, their customer service is top notch.
Feb 19, 2013
88 posts
106 upvotes
Is the 2GB bonus still available for the loyalty plans?
Sep 16, 2008
39 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone here is looking to sell the G5 if they are not using it PM me
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10227 posts
9443 upvotes
jvrizzle wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 11:05 am
Is the 2GB bonus still available for the loyalty plans?
Yes. $36 loyalty plan has 4GB data + unlimited CW calling
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5097 posts
741 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
krs wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 10:32 am
And as others have mentioned, their customer service is top notch.
Called Zoomers today to get the loyalty plan after being with them for 6 months now and the customer service went down a notch.
Seemed the agent wasn't really familiar with the loyalty plan and what's included - thanks to RFD I knew more about it than she did.

It started with her having to put me on hold to check what was included in the loyalty plan.
After a while, which seemed like forever, she came back with unlimited Canada-wide and enhanced voice call which is what I expected, but the loyalty plan according to her had only 2 GB of data compared to the 3GB I now have.
I insisted that there should be 1GB more of data, not 1GB less, so on hold I went once again and then while waiting another 10 minutes, I was cut off.
The agent called me back telling me that she was still working the issue and tried a soft sell me the $45.- plan.
I wasn't in the slightest interested in paying more and she didn't pursue this - thus my comment "soft sell"
Back on hold I went while she was working the issue (whatever that means) - in the end it sounded as if she had to try to put my request about the 4GB of data into their system to see if it would take it.
Then, after about 30 minutes total, she came back telling me it was finally done.
From what I understand, the loyalty plan itself includes only 2GB of data but they transfer the bonus 2GB of data of the $40.- plan to the loyalty plan to give 4GB of data total.
So in the end I got what I was after, just took a lot longer than I expected.
I also checked my account just now and all the changes were implemented there - so in the end there is no issue.

And on another note - I called in last evening to get that loyalty plan, zoomers was very busy so they offered the call back feature. I left a call back number and a message about wanting the loyalty plan, but I never heard back from them
Nov 10, 2003
6 posts
2 upvotes
They are now offering the Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime with this deal.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3204 posts
1267 upvotes
Toronto
oshier wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 9:01 pm
They are now offering the Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime with this deal.
J3 Prime has been there for a while.
Carry Tel Internet