Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2019 4:44 pm
Apr 3, 2018
52 posts
19 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks op.

I am currently with Zoomer 3GB+400min call time for $36 plan, wondering if it is possible to upgrade to 4GB?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3196 posts
1256 upvotes
Toronto
Fechin wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 1:41 pm
Thanks op.

I am currently with Zoomer 3GB+400min call time for $36 plan, wondering if it is possible to upgrade to 4GB?
You can get the 4GB loyalty plan 6 months after activation or switch to the current 4GB promo plan within 30 days.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Apr 3, 2018
52 posts
19 upvotes
Ottawa
thanks for the reply. guess I have to wait for the loyalty plan as I have already passed the 30 days period...
Mar 21, 2015
14 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Heads-up: the Samsung J3 Prime 2017 is a pretty capable phone. The battery life is impressive. My wife comes home from work (doesn't charge it at work) and still has 85% battery life. The screen is great quality, has powerful brightness. Interface is modern and smooth. Samsung browser has adblock extensions built-in, so we're using that instead of Chrome now. Nifty little phone!

Only downside is no fingerprint reader, it's annoying to still be typing a pin in almost-2019.

But it's not worth $250. I've seen Samsung J3 Prime 2017 at Walmart new for $169.99.

Today you can get the Samsung J3 Prime 2018 at Walmart for $210: https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/samsung-ga ... 0198798722
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1131 posts
203 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
bblinky wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 4:46 pm
Heads-up: the Samsung J3 Prime 2017 is a pretty capable phone. The battery life is impressive. My wife comes home from work (doesn't charge it at work) and still has 85% battery life. The screen is great quality, has powerful brightness. Interface is modern and smooth. Samsung browser has adblock extensions built-in, so we're using that instead of Chrome now. Nifty little phone!

Only downside is no fingerprint reader, it's annoying to still be typing a pin in almost-2019.

But it's not worth $250. I've seen Samsung J3 Prime 2017 at Walmart new for $169.99.

Today you can get the Samsung J3 Prime 2018 at Walmart for $210: https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/samsung-ga ... 0198798722
How would you compare the Moto E5 Play with either J3 Prime 2017 or 2018?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3196 posts
1256 upvotes
Toronto
wally_walrus wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 9:19 am
How would you compare the Moto E5 Play with either J3 Prime 2017 or 2018?
Better to get the Moto E5. Similar resale value, better specs and lower device balance.

They may still have LG G5.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5046 posts
725 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
9613019 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 9:23 am

Re: How would you compare the Moto E5 Play with either J3 Prime 2017 or 2018?
And:
Better to get the Moto E5. Similar resale value, better specs and lower device balance.
What about user comments and reviews?

I'm becoming a bit disillusioned when it comes to cellphone specs, the last few phonesI looked at to buy had good specs but ended up having camera problems, voice quality issues and on some of them part of the touch screen stopped working after 6 months.

I'm also wondering about the fingerprint reader - on those phones is there still the traditional way to lock them?
We often trade cellphones in the family for various reasons, with only a fingerprint reader we could not do that anymore.
And what happens when the fingerprint reader can't read the fingerprint for some reason?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10147 posts
9379 upvotes
krs wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 10:00 am

I'm becoming a bit disillusioned when it comes to cellphone specs, the last few phonesI looked at to buy had good specs but ended up having camera problems, voice quality issues and on some of them part of the touch screen stopped working after 6 months.

I'm also wondering about the fingerprint reader - on those phones is there still the traditional way to lock them?
We often trade cellphones in the family for various reasons, with only a fingerprint reader we could not do that anymore.
And what happens when the fingerprint reader can't read the fingerprint for some reason?
You can still login your phone with other method. On my GR5, after restart, I need to use my PIN to login first before I can use finger plan to login my phone.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3196 posts
1256 upvotes
Toronto
krs wrote:

Generally, Moto E5 play has good reviews as a budget phone.

I can register up to 5 fingerprints on my Android phone, so I think it should be the same on E5. You can always use your PIN or pattern to login if you don't/can't use fingerprint.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1131 posts
203 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
9613019 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 10:36 am
Generally, Moto E5 play has good reviews as a budget phone.

I can register up to 5 fingerprints on my Android phone, so I think it should be the same on E5. You can always use your PIN or pattern to login if you don't/can't use fingerprint.
Thanks, that sealed my decision to get the Moto. Looking for a cheap phone for my wife to use with a minimalistic data plan
Nov 22, 2011
740 posts
134 upvotes
Batcave
krs wrote:
Phones that have fingerprint readers doesn't mean you need to use it. It's optional. In addition, you can still use your PIN (or whatever you are currently using) to login even if you do use it. There will also be situations where it'll force you to use your PIN if it has trouble reading your fingerprint, for example. A procedure was conducted on my fingerprints so I don't have any, but I am still able to use my phone which has a fingerprint reader by using a PIN instead.
“Nothing harms me. But I know pain. I know pain. Sometimes I share it. With someone like you.” - Batman . . . . .
Dec 9, 2006
339 posts
118 upvotes
Markham
I am thinking to get a second line but I don't think it's qualify for a referral credit, right? thanks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3196 posts
1256 upvotes
Toronto
wit wrote:
Dec 11th, 2018 10:19 am
I am thinking to get a second line but I don't think it's qualify for a referral credit, right? thanks
If it is under the same account, then no.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8635 posts
1675 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Need to create a separate account for referal credit
May 22, 2015
205 posts
78 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
I just called. Asked for the $36 unlimited 4gb loyalty. She denied it existed and only offered the $40.50 4gb unlimited calling plan. Had to ask for a manager and state where I saw the details (redflagdeals). Finally, she came back and said it magically existed again. Unfortunate, this is the second time I had to fight for my plan. Earlier I was able to get the 4gb before being loyalty, but they only offered for a select few at the time. Not liking the discrepancies. Seem to be testing people if they'll give in and take a lower plan. Shame

Ended up signing up on the $40.50 unlimited calling 5gb plan

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)