Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2019 4:52 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
2104 posts
108 upvotes
How to do you change your CC for Pre-Auth?

Do you have to call or use chat?

I cant find a self serve option
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3220 posts
1280 upvotes
Toronto
bellboy26 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2019 4:31 pm
How to do you change your CC for Pre-Auth?

Do you have to call or use chat?

I cant find a self serve option
Better to call them.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5241 posts
796 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
embguy wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 5:51 pm
Agree. Bad record is better than no record in this case. That is the reason I told my kids when they started university to apply student credit card, use it and pay on time to build up a good credit file.
I think I will call up Zoomers myself to understand why a $150 deposit is not acceptable.
The message I got is that the Zoomers agent had never come across a situation where someone did not show up on TransUnion so they had no instructions how to deal with that.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10596 posts
9733 upvotes
krs wrote:
Mar 8th, 2019 5:56 pm
I think I will call up Zoomers myself to understand why a $150 deposit is not acceptable.
The message I got is that the Zoomers agent had never come across a situation where someone did not show up on TransUnion so they had no instructions how to deal with that.
Call Zoomer again and ask for manager why.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, $7 50min/50text,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 3 lines $95/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
30747 posts
2572 upvotes
Winnipeg
derrickrose wrote:
Mar 8th, 2019 5:16 pm
Does zoomer have a $27 loyalty plan?
I hear zoomer have the $27 plan but no details available that I know of, let me know if you manage to find out anything.

Edit, so I looked into it, apparently the $27 plan only gets you the Moto E5 Play phone, with retail value of about $100. This gives you a saving of $9/month over the $36 plan, total $216 over 2 years plan. The $36 plan gets you LG G5, with retail value of about $200. If you don't need more than 1GB of data per month, then the value proposition is the same either way, as you get better phone. So depends on how much you care about the G5 I suppose.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5241 posts
796 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
Got this as well, but how is this good?
The $36.- plan only gives you 2 GB of data and the phone they offer is the LG Q6
The regular $36.- plan gives you 4 GB of data and you have the choice of an LG G5 which is a much better phone.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5241 posts
796 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
embguy wrote:
Mar 8th, 2019 6:29 pm
Call Zoomer again and ask for manager why.
I haven't had a chance to call Zoomers yet, but I find it a bit ironic that Zoomers expects their new customers to have a credit file, but Zoomers themselves does not report to any credit bureau.
Neither does Bell.
If one is not the primary cardholder of a credit card or has a mortgage or has a LOC, there may well be no credit file.
Feb 17, 2017
858 posts
534 upvotes
Calgary
derass wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 5:20 pm
3G is a deal breaker for me with those cheap PM plans. It's 2019, and I'm sure a lot of us are using flagship phones despite shopping for cheap plans.

I was getting 6GB of 3G data for $30/mo. 15 years ago...
It still uses the LTE network (so lower latency) and the capped speed is fast enough for pretty much everything including Netflix and Youtube. It also takes a second or two for the speed cap to apply on each downlink, so even a data heavy page will have downloaded all the pictures etc before the cap applies.

Out of interest does Zoomer get access to the extended network (telus/bell)?
Aug 19, 2009
290 posts
138 upvotes
krs wrote:
Mar 9th, 2019 9:35 am
Got this as well, but how is this good?
The $36.- plan only gives you 2 GB of data and the phone they offer is the LG Q6
The regular $36.- plan gives you 4 GB of data and you have the choice of an LG G5 which is a much better phone.
I got that email too. I think the diff is that, with this "2nd line loyalty" plan advertised in the email, you pay $36 for Umlimited talk + text + Enhanced voicemail + only 2 GB data.
The "normal" $36 plan only has 400 min talk, standard voicemail, but 4 GB data.
I thought RFD was supposed to help me SAVE money .... -__-|
Zoomer, Fido, ING (Tangerine sounds so weird >.>)
Carrytel internet is only good if you do NOT game. Do not get Carrytel if you do, you WILL regret it.
Sep 6, 2011
6 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Could be targeted - Zoomer doubled referrals:

================================================
To: "xxxxx@xxxxx.xxx" < xxxxx@xxxxx.xxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2019
Subject: Share $100 When You Refer a Friend! / Partager 100 $ quand vous nous recommandez un ami !

VOIR LA VERSION FRANÇAISE CI-DESSOUS

Share the wireless experience with your friends and family!
Did you know you can take advantage of our referral credit? For every new customer you refer to us, we'll thank you and your friend for your loyalty. You'll EACH get a $50 CREDIT towards your bill!

Hi XXXXX,

As an existing customer, you can take advantage of our Refer a Friend program.

For every new customer you refer to us, we'll thank you and your friend for your loyalty. You'll both get rewarded with a $50 credit towards your wireless service!
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10596 posts
9733 upvotes
ValeGolo wrote:
Mar 10th, 2019 2:42 pm
Could be targeted - Zoomer doubled referrals:
No. It is not targeted. Any Zoomer subscriber will get the promo credit. Last month was regular $25 credit. This month promo credit is $50.
My guess is that Zoomer new activations slows down with their competitors offers.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, $7 50min/50text,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 3 lines $95/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Aug 26, 2011
99 posts
32 upvotes
Is there an equivalent family/couple share plan with discount or is it better to get two lines at $36 plan with 4 gb each line? The family/share is at $72 from what I can see but shared data.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5489 posts
1650 upvotes
Space
One thing I’ve noticed when switching from Rogers to Zoomer is that I get more dropped calls. More so during peak times 5-8pm. ( not sure if it’s related ). Other than that, data speeds are excellent and everything else is great.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

DiscountRaja