Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2019 3:59 pm
Mar 24, 2015
258 posts
112 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
56kbps wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 12:45 pm
Didn't he say A8? That's still not bad IMO.

But if it actually is the S8 then that's phenomenal
It was the A8, S8 wasn't available at the time. But in spite of the website showing that you had to pay 300+ for the device on the 36 dollar plan, they offered it to me for nothing. Actually wish I would've picked the A8 over the G5, the G5 is driving me insane.
Dec 3, 2014
22 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto, ON
embguy wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 2:23 pm
But new activation only get $36 3GB+ 400 CW minutes, unlimited after 6pm and weekend + unlimited MMS.
Hey embguy I also just signed up and got the same plane you did. Dont forget to call in after 6 months and get the loyalty deal which still is 4GB plus UNLIMITED CALLS or will it be better?
Dec 26, 2010
349 posts
74 upvotes
SW Ontario
I have 4GB/unlimited voice and my zoomer contract is done. Is it easy to call, sign up for 2y and get Samsung A8 for $0?
I assume this is a good phone (thinking about it for my son)
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
1923 posts
211 upvotes
YVR
Let us know if it works out. I tried talking to them and was not offered the A8 and only much cheaper and worse phones.
Zoomer
Dec 26, 2010
349 posts
74 upvotes
SW Ontario
TeriyakiJack wrote:
Jun 9th, 2019 9:22 pm
Let us know if it works out. I tried talking to them and was not offered the A8 and only much cheaper and worse phones.
I ended up not pursuing the A8. My son wanted a most sophisticated phone so we ended up buying the A50 from amazon.ca. Very good phone so far.
I will probably wait a little to get a free phone with zoomer when some other (less demanding) family member phone breaks.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
1614 posts
122 upvotes
I've been with Zoomer for 6 months already now and have the $36 plan, do they still have the loyalty plan for unlimited calling and regular voicemail?

I have the 400min daytime, unlimited evenings/weekends, 4gb data and mini voicemail plan right now.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3206 posts
1268 upvotes
Toronto
icemiko wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 10:55 pm
I've been with Zoomer for 6 months already now and have the $36 plan, do they still have the loyalty plan for unlimited calling and regular voicemail?

I have the 400min daytime, unlimited evenings/weekends, 4gb data and mini voicemail plan right now.
Just chat with them to get the loyalty plan.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Sep 15, 2004
16 posts
3 upvotes
My Zoomer contract expires next month. What do you guys recommend at that point? Sign a new contract and sell the free phone?

I'm currently on the $45 loyalty plan (unlimited Canada-wide minutes, unlimited text and 4GB data).

Can I switch to this $36plan? I think my daytime use is probably less than 400min/month and I can live with 3 GB data.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10267 posts
9471 upvotes
nodnub wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 6:29 pm
My Zoomer contract expires next month. What do you guys recommend at that point? Sign a new contract and sell the free phone?

I'm currently on the $45 loyalty plan (unlimited Canada-wide minutes, unlimited text and 4GB data).

Can I switch to this $36plan? I think my daytime use is probably less than 400min/month and I can live with 3 GB data.
You can continue with your current plan month-to-month without getting another 2 years contract.
Did you switched to a loyalty plan after 6 months with Zoomer?

If Zoomer is still offer the $36 loyalty plan with unlimited minutes+4GB data, switch to the $36 loyalty plan.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3206 posts
1268 upvotes
Toronto
nodnub wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 6:29 pm

You can just switch to the $36 loyalty plan.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Oct 8, 2007
109 posts
2 upvotes
Anyone else able to score a free Samsung A8 with the 36 loyalty plan? I called and was told it is not possible... Thank you for your input
Dec 2, 2009
4 posts
toronto
Hi

Im looking for guidance.

I have my daughter on the rogers talk/text for 15$ a month-and it expires shortly.

Im looking to get her phone plan upgraded to include data too but don't want to break the bank.
Zoomer looks pretty good. I”d love to get 4g for 36 if possible.

Thoughts?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10267 posts
9471 upvotes
bongo_drums wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 11:49 am
Hi

Im looking for guidance.

I have my daughter on the rogers talk/text for 15$ a month-and it expires shortly.

Im looking to get her phone plan upgraded to include data too but don't want to break the bank.
Zoomer looks pretty good. I”d love to get 4g for 36 if possible.

Thoughts?
Currently, Zoomer is offering $36 3GB + 400 daytime CW minutes. You may get the $36 4GB loyalty after 6 months. But it is a BIG YMMV

Public Mobile has a $38 with autopay unlimited minutes + 5GB data every 30 days. Please note that PM plans are DIY plan. PM does not have a call center. All support is done by their forum moderator team.
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans ... MB-3Gspeed
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
10997 posts
2571 upvotes
TeriyakiJack wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 9:32 am
Data point for others also on $36 Plan.

Finished 4th year with Zoomer, currently off contract.

Re-commitment on 2 year contract, $0 Device selection is:
Samsung J3
Motorola E5
Huawei P20lite

Needless to say, the selection is actually worse now than it was a month ago. Their lineup is getting incredibly stale and could really do with a refresh. Hope they get something going soon.
I would imagine in the next little while you'll see the S8 drop to $0 on 2 year contract. Honestly, I got my wife the P10 Lite for $75 last year, wanted to give her my old S7, but she prefers the Huawei. My sister is going to sign her son up on the $36 plan, and get him the P20 lite... he's 14, great phone for him.
When I signed my wife up for an account it was for for the plan and details, not the phone.

I am wondering, I am trying to mock sign up a new service with the P20 Lite, for my nephew to see what the perks are and all it says is "DOUBLE your minutes, texts and data + Bonus data + Lifetime Rewards Bundle", so is it confirmed that the bonus data is 2 GB still, with possibility of unlimited minutes and an extra GB of data after 6 months? and what is the Lifetime Rewards Bundle... their chat is offline, otherwise, I'd confirm with them. Oh, also, is the 10% automatic, it's mentioned in their information on the page, but my order summary shows $40 for the plan still.

TIA
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.