Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2019 9:18 pm
Jan 27, 2008
402 posts
125 upvotes
GTA
someone16 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2019 3:30 am
How do you find the screen with the moto G7? I renewed because my old LG G3 broke and the screen on the moto just seems kind of lackluster...I wonder if its because of the resolution I was used to (the G3 had 1440p screen vs the 720p moto). Would the Huawei screen be better?
+1
Nov 23, 2014
400 posts
156 upvotes
Surrey, BC
With Fido right now, was with Zoomer 2 years ago.

I want to switch back for this plan but I want a phone that's similar to what I have now (S7).

Anyone have any suggestions?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3227 posts
1285 upvotes
Toronto
kanucks25 wrote:
Jul 29th, 2019 4:11 pm
With Fido right now, was with Zoomer 2 years ago.

I want to switch back for this plan but I want a phone that's similar to what I have now (S7).

Anyone have any suggestions?
Samsung A50
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Nov 23, 2014
400 posts
156 upvotes
Surrey, BC
9613019 wrote:
Jul 29th, 2019 4:20 pm
Samsung A50
Speaking out of ignorance here, but isn't that a step down from the S7?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
1927 posts
223 upvotes
YVR
kanucks25 wrote:
Jul 29th, 2019 7:02 pm
Well, probably the closest thing to what they have. They did ask for Similar after all.
A50 is definitely more mid-tier hardware, but still a few years newer. I'd say they'll probably perform pretty similar.
Zoomer
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3227 posts
1285 upvotes
Toronto
kanucks25 wrote:
Jul 29th, 2019 7:02 pm
If you want to do upgrade, it is better to sell the free phone you will get from Zoomer and get a phone deal from Koodo.
Carry Tel Internet
Sep 11, 2015
167 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
My two year contract is up on my current family plan. I can keep the billing as month to month or commit to two more years and get two phones. Between the 'Huawei p20 Lite' and the 'Motorola G7 Play' which would sell for more on Kijiji do you think?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10670 posts
9785 upvotes
josh58 wrote:
Jul 30th, 2019 6:25 pm
My two year contract is up on my current family plan. I can keep the billing as month to month or commit to two more years and get two phones. Between the 'Huawei p20 Lite' and the 'Motorola G7 Play' which would sell for more on Kijiji do you think?
Both are around $200. I think G7 Play is easier to sell. YMMV depending where you are. YMMV
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, $7 50min/50text,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 3 lines $95/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Nov 8, 2018
75 posts
44 upvotes
I got the cheapest phone Alcatel GO FLIP set at 100 cad over 2 years. But was able to sell it at 40 cad. There is strabgely lot of demand for this phone. Parents buying it for teenagers as 1 st phone or elderly buying it. I posted the ad and there were 5 inquiries in a week. I m sure u guys can sell at a higher price too. With 25 cad referral credit, i was able to get the cost down to 35 cad for 2 year contract.
Jan 13, 2015
33 posts
18 upvotes
East York, ON
For anyone wondering about coverage or call quality - I'm all over the place for work and rarely lose signal. Just the same as Rogers.

I've been on the 4gb loyalty for a while. At $36 a month it's a great deal. I get whatever phone qualifies for a $40 plan every couple years that is selling for $150 or more on Kijiji and put that towards a higher end phone.

The only thing that would be great would be better roaming packages for the US or international. Kind of pricey thru zoomer. I wish they had the roam like home feature the bigger carriers have.
Nov 24, 2017
109 posts
40 upvotes
Whats the best deal for a new, never been with Zoomer before, have 2 self owned iPhones that use about 4 gigs data each, not a lot of minutes but mainly text with photos?!

T.I.A.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3227 posts
1285 upvotes
Toronto
SB4Deals wrote:
Aug 8th, 2019 12:04 pm
Whats the best deal for a new, never been with Zoomer before, have 2 self owned iPhones that use about 4 gigs data each, not a lot of minutes but mainly text with photos?!

T.I.A.
$36 for 3GB and 400 minutes. After 6 month, you can switch to the $36/4GB loyalty plan.
Carry Tel Internet
Nov 24, 2017
109 posts
40 upvotes
NM, had a question about quality but saw it answered up above. Was after comparisons between Freedom and Zoomer.

* Dont see any iPhones in their selection of phones, wondering why? Just BB and android. Want to be sure iPhones would be fine on that network. Remember years ago they weren't on Freedom, I think it was.

Last question, taking my own 2 iPhones, is their any advantage to me to take a phone from them, use mine but sell that phone?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3227 posts
1285 upvotes
Toronto
SB4Deals wrote:
Aug 8th, 2019 1:06 pm
NM, had a question about quality but saw it answered up above. Was after comparisons between Freedom and Zoomer.

* Dont see any iPhones in their selection of phones, wondering why? Just BB and android. Want to be sure iPhones would be fine on that network. Remember years ago they weren't on Freedom, I think it was.

Last question, taking my own 2 iPhones, is their any advantage to me to take a phone from them, use mine but sell that phone?
I have an iPhone X on their network without any issue. They offered iPhone SE before.

You need to take a phone from them to get the promotion plan. It is a requirement to sign you a 2 year contract. If you use your own phone, the plan is much worse. You can just sell the new phone on Kijiji.
Carry Tel Internet
Nov 24, 2017
109 posts
40 upvotes
Ah, I thought it seemed to good to be true.

I will have to give that some thought then.
I buy my phones outright unlocked from apple and although I have been with Rogers for over 20 years, i cant remember when I last had a contract.

Thank you. I might have another question or two but the 2 year contract I dont find appealing.