Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2019 4:09 pm
Jan 20, 2012
482 posts
343 upvotes
LONDON
bakayaroh wrote:
Mar 16th, 2018 7:54 pm

im just curious. i have 200 daytime mins plus 200 daytime mins then it say unlimited canada wide mins. did they forget to take that off from my loyalty plan or does it just mean that my daytime minutes are canada wide?
thanks
The unlimited minutes you see is probably just a glitch or it’s part of the evenings/weekends. Mine shows the same thing.
Please do not PM me with requests for assistance, unless I PM you first, or if I give you permission to. That's what the forums are for!
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2474 posts
1010 upvotes
I believe my parents are on Zoomer on the $40 or $45 for 2GB plan.. they have been with Zoomer for a few years now and signed new contracts for new phones last year.

Is it possible for them to switch to the $36 for 3GB plan after renewing or is it just YMMV?
Mar 13, 2018
10 posts
1 upvote
I just received my SIM card today and phone today.

I plugged the sim card into my Iphone 6 calls and texts are working fine but data is not working at all.
I get the LTE sign at the top, but still no internet access.

I've tried the following:
Reset network settings
Reboot phone
Tried changing APN settings but theres no cellular data option (i think it's restricted by Zoomer's Sim card)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Nov 16, 2006
173 posts
19 upvotes
Qualify for the loyalty plan but got denied for the extra 1gb to take it to 3gb data. Mentioning friends have received the bonus had no effect.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
1938 posts
787 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Crichtonfan wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 10:16 am
If you don't get a phone and sign up a 2 year contract to get the 3gb plan do you still have to pay an ECF of $200+?
Be careful about this. I signed up and got the GR5 - a phone that I didn't need - with a $250ECF. I cancelled when the 10GB plans came out last year, and had to pay $160 for the GR5. At the time, Rogers was selling that phone brand new without contract for $100.

So I definitely feel kinda ripped off over what I had to pay for the "free" phone that I never even wanted or needed.

And even if you expect you'll stay the full 2 years (as I did, especially after I got the loyalty plan), circumstances can change, and you are left on the hook.
This space for rent.
Aug 6, 2011
35 posts
12 upvotes
AB
Happy decided on Zoomer thanks to helpful RF posters. If want good customer service for Seniors try Zoomer.
Aug 10, 2011
287 posts
46 upvotes
EAST YORK
Noopster159 wrote:
Mar 16th, 2018 10:19 pm
I just received my SIM card today and phone today.

I plugged the sim card into my Iphone 6 calls and texts are working fine but data is not working at all.
I get the LTE sign at the top, but still no internet access.

I've tried the following:
Reset network settings
Reboot phone
Tried changing APN settings but theres no cellular data option (i think it's restricted by Zoomer's Sim card)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
did you tryAPN settings

Please follow the steps to modify your APN:
From any home screen, tap Apps->Tap Setting->If using Tab view, tap Menu > List view->Tap More > Mobile networks->Tap Access point names->Add new APN, As below:

LTE APN Settings
Name Cityfone LTE
APN ltemobile.apn
Proxy Not set
Port Not set
Username Not set
Password Not set
Server Not set
MMSC http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS Proxy 10.128.1.69
MMS Port 80
MCC 302
MNC 720
Authentication Type None
APN Type Not set
APN Protocol IPv4
APN roaming protocol APv4
Bearer LTE
Mobile virtual network operator type GID
Mobile virtual network operator value CC
Freedom Promo Everywhere 50 plan ( $29.50 with 35% F&F code and $3 BTS) X2 plans
Freedom 4.5gb $25.40 plan (with $5 digital discount and 35% F&F code and $3 BTS)
Carry-Tel $34.99 75M internet plan
Bell 1gb $5 tablet plan
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2003
1200 posts
148 upvotes
Waterloo
-jinx- wrote: Same issue with 2GB and not 3GB on my new account. Opened chat to fix - they apologized and should be corrected today.
Had the same issue. My account showed only 2gb. After a chat and a couple hours now it shows 3gb in total.

Make sure you check.
Mar 13, 2018
10 posts
1 upvote
bakayaroh wrote:
Mar 16th, 2018 11:25 pm
did you tryAPN settings

Please follow the steps to modify your APN:
From any home screen, tap Apps->Tap Setting->If using Tab view, tap Menu > List view->Tap More > Mobile networks->Tap Access point names->Add new APN, As below:

LTE APN Settings
Name Cityfone LTE
APN ltemobile.apn
Proxy Not set
Port Not set
Username Not set
Password Not set
Server Not set
MMSC http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS Proxy 10.128.1.69
MMS Port 80
MCC 302
MNC 720
Authentication Type None
APN Type Not set
APN Protocol IPv4
APN roaming protocol APv4
Bearer LTE
Mobile virtual network operator type GID
Mobile virtual network operator value CC
Unfortunately you can't edit the APN settings on my Iphone 6, there is no option to do it
Aug 10, 2011
287 posts
46 upvotes
EAST YORK
just read some old threads from a few years back as i remember this coming up before.
zoomer-wireless-zoomer-wireless-deal-36-2gb-2122613/35/

in the thread above it was a faulty sim and all was good when another sim was put in.

the other thing i remember reading from earlier threads is that if your iphone was from fido it would not work with zoomer (maybe that was for unlocking an iphone but im not an iphone user so i really wasnt paying attention)
Freedom Promo Everywhere 50 plan ( $29.50 with 35% F&F code and $3 BTS) X2 plans
Freedom 4.5gb $25.40 plan (with $5 digital discount and 35% F&F code and $3 BTS)
Carry-Tel $34.99 75M internet plan
Bell 1gb $5 tablet plan
Nov 14, 2003
250 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
When new, the GR5 could have been sold for $150, so you would have 'lost' $10, but had the better plan for more than 6 months. Plus, any referrals you got. Sounds like a good deal to me.
TheImp wrote:
Mar 16th, 2018 10:48 pm
Be careful about this. I signed up and got the GR5 - a phone that I didn't need - with a $250ECF. I cancelled when the 10GB plans came out last year, and had to pay $160 for the GR5. At the time, Rogers was selling that phone brand new without contract for $100.

So I definitely feel kinda ripped off over what I had to pay for the "free" phone that I never even wanted or needed.

And even if you expect you'll stay the full 2 years (as I did, especially after I got the loyalty plan), circumstances can change, and you are left on the hook.
Oct 14, 2017
884 posts
670 upvotes
GTA
TheImp wrote:
Mar 16th, 2018 10:48 pm

To what degree were you aware of the possible downsides you accepted by taking the two-year contract?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
1938 posts
787 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Jonric wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 10:40 am
To what degree were you aware of the possible downsides you accepted by taking the two-year contract?
I was aware of the possibility but I didn't see myself as having any reason to cancel in the foreseeable future. I never foresaw $60/mo 10GB plans being offered.

My point is just to pay attention that Zoomer is overcharging for their "free" phones. I actually got off somewhat easy.. when I signed up for Zoomer, they were offering the LG G4 for "free", for $700 (available at other carriers at the time for less than half that).
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
1938 posts
787 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Cnsultnt wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 8:51 am
When new, the GR5 could have been sold for $150, so you would have 'lost' $10, but had the better plan for more than 6 months. Plus, any referrals you got. Sounds like a good deal to me.
They're STILL charging $250 for the gr5 today! Just checked. That's bat-hit insane! And no way you're getting $150 (believe me, I tried to sell mine).. not when you can pick up one for $100 from Fido, outright.
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
3012 posts
2802 upvotes
Vancouver
TheImp wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 3:17 pm
They're STILL charging $250 for the gr5 today! Just checked. That's bat-hit insane! And no way you're getting $150 (believe me, I tried to sell mine).. not when you can pick up one for $100 from Fido, outright.
Bud, you are bringing this up time and time again. You knew all of this before you signed up. You asked about it thousand times before signing. That's the price to pay to get this plan... They have to have a leverage to keep you for 2 years.

Deal with it already or move on...
"Totally fed up with that 'Political correctness' BS... If I don't like it - you will likely hear it. "
Q.T.