Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2019 2:10 pm
Oct 6, 2004
271 posts
66 upvotes
max011 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 4:29 pm
Bud, you are bringing this up time and time again. You knew all of this before you signed up. You asked about it thousand times before signing. That's the price to pay to get this plan... They have to have a leverage to keep you for 2 years.

Deal with it already or move on...
Seriously...does this guy not understand the concept of "contract"?? And how Telecom companies use phone subsidies as the hook for contracts..... The whinging and moaning from something that was spelled out very clearly from the beginning is risible.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
1862 posts
703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
max011 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 4:29 pm
Bud, you are bringing this up time and time again. You knew all of this before you signed up. You asked about it thousand times before signing. That's the price to pay to get this plan... They have to have a leverage to keep you for 2 years.

Deal with it already or move on...
New thread, posting this information for people who are considering signing up.

The CRTC banned "early cancellation fees".. but Zoomer forcing you to take a phone at an inflated price is essentially the same thing. You're paying 2.5x what other places are charging for this phone. How is that right?!
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
1862 posts
703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
joolsca wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 4:41 pm
Seriously...does this guy not understand the concept of "contract"?? And how Telecom companies use phone subsidies as the hook for contracts..... The whinging and moaning from something that was spelled out very clearly from the beginning is risible.
Subsidy is one thing. But the price they assign to their "free" phones is inflated. It essentially constitutes a punitive "early cancellation fee" even though the CRTC has banned that practice.
This space for rent.
Mar 24, 2015
262 posts
114 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
TheImp wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 5:56 pm
New thread, posting this information for people who are considering signing up.

The CRTC banned "early cancellation fees".. but Zoomer forcing you to take a phone at an inflated price is essentially the same thing. You're paying 2.5x what other places are charging for this phone. How is that right?!
Were you not aware of what the device cost was when you signed up? Zoomer told me flat out. I sold the phone for 150 dollars.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
1733 posts
396 upvotes
markust5775 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 5:59 pm
Were you not aware of what the device cost was when you signed up? Zoomer told me flat out. I sold the phone for 150 dollars.
The LG G4 was exact same. Over priced via contract but sold for less. For the monthly price you cannot complain. I looked at it this way. I sold my LG G4 for $180 and got a brand new Galaxy S7 from Koodo for $140. I made money and got a flagship phone.

Once Zoomer finally makes the 3gb plan loyalty for $36, this will be the best plan on the market. No question.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
1862 posts
703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
markust5775 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 5:59 pm
1. They force you to take the phone. You can't get the plan without it.
2. The cost is only "on paper" if you don't cancel. And you may have no intention to cancel. But sometimes circumstances change. The 10GB plans offered late last year were a game changer, IMO. And Zoomer had absolutely no response to that.. that's the downside of no retentions department. They had nothing to offer.
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
2850 posts
2311 upvotes
Vancouver
TheImp wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 6:03 pm
2. The cost is only "on paper" if you don't cancel. And you may have no intention to cancel. But sometimes circumstances change. The 10GB plans offered late last year were a game changer, IMO. And Zoomer had absolutely no response to that.. that's the downside of no retentions department. They had nothing to offer.
It looks from here you are the only one who is writing about it, but didn't get it...

Move on already...

Also, you were bragging you got dozens of referrals; my math book said: 10 referrals and your darn phone is free.

Move on already...
Last edited by max011 on Mar 17th, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Totally fed up with that 'Political correctness' BS... If I don't like it - you will likely hear it. "
Q.T.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28374 posts
14172 upvotes
Ottawa
TheImp wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 6:03 pm
Are you in the right thread?
The 10GB was not a game changer for anyone but you.
Very little Zoomer customers jumped on that plan because they didn't need 10GB at $60.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
1862 posts
703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
vkizzle wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 6:17 pm
Are you in the right thread?
The 10GB was not a game changer for anyone but you.
Very little Zoomer customers jumped on that plan because they didn't need 10GB at $60.
Maybe not for you. But for me, the goal from the get go was the 5GB loyalty plan with Zoomer. $54 vs $60 for 5GB vs 10GB.. $6 for 5GB more? Reasonable roaming rates outside the country? Yup, really a no brainer to jump ship..
This space for rent.
Oct 14, 2017
855 posts
620 upvotes
GTA
TheImp wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 3:17 pm
They're STILL charging $250 for the gr5 today! Just checked. That's bat-hit insane! And no way you're getting $150 (believe me, I tried to sell mine).. not when you can pick up one for $100 from Fido, outright.
The phone costs $0 but came with the proviso, one that you and I both knew and accepted, that if we later wanted to get out of our contracts, we'd have to pay off our phones at a pro-rated amount that would make them not a great deal. If you feel you should be able to have your proverbial cake and eat it too, with all due respect, I disagree.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
1862 posts
703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Jonric wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 6:26 pm
The phone costs $0 but came with the proviso, one that you and I both knew and accepted, that if we later wanted to get out of our contracts, we'd have to pay off our phones at a pro-rated amount that would make them not a great deal. If you feel you should be able to have your proverbial cake and eat it too, with all due respect, I disagree.
I feel that they should charge reasonable market prices for their "free" phones and not an inflated one. It's a de facto early cancellation fee that the CRTC has otherwise banned.
This space for rent.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28374 posts
14172 upvotes
Ottawa
TheImp wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 6:26 pm
Maybe not for you. But for me, the goal from the get go was the 5GB loyalty plan with Zoomer. $54 vs $60 for 5GB vs 10GB.. $6 for 5GB more? Reasonable roaming rates outside the country? Yup, really a no brainer to jump ship..
Exactly why Zoomer isn't for you.
I'm happy to pay $50.85 all in for 4GB.
Travelling out of country, no problem, as I can buy local SIM cards.
Sep 6, 2011
820 posts
1190 upvotes
max011 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 6:17 pm
Also, you were bragging you got dozens of referrals; my math book said: 10 referrals and your darn phone is free.
IIRC, it was $50 per referral at that time, so a dozen referrals easily is double the "retail" cost of the phone plus a few months of service. :)
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
2850 posts
2311 upvotes
Vancouver
isgaard wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 6:37 pm
IIRC, it was $50 per referral at that time, so a dozen referrals easily is double the "retail" cost of the phone plus a few months of service. :)
hahaha, true that! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
"Totally fed up with that 'Political correctness' BS... If I don't like it - you will likely hear it. "
Q.T.
Oct 14, 2017
855 posts
620 upvotes
GTA
TheImp wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 6:29 pm
I feel that they should charge reasonable market prices for their "free" phones and not an inflated one. It's a de facto early cancellation fee that the CRTC has otherwise banned.
It would be great for consumers if we could get out of a contract we entered into in full awareness of the conditions because we feel the game subsequently changed. I can't see such a scenario as being in any way realistic though.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Poutinesauce