Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2019 10:35 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
1862 posts
703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
oFlash0 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2018 5:20 am
Did you not have this same rant in the last Zoomer thread that was posted in November.

For those looking for yet another positive take on Zoomer, I've been with them since that November thread, no issues whatsoever.
New thread, same info may be useful for anyone considering signing up now.
This space for rent.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18488 posts
6561 upvotes
Toronto
I have a Zoomer account that is a month away from reaching the 6 month mark. Do I have any chance of converting to the 3GB plan at the 6 month mark? I don't want to trigger a device balance payment. It is a travesty having to pay anything for a LG G4.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28369 posts
14170 upvotes
Ottawa
will888 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2018 10:14 am
I have a Zoomer account that is a month away from reaching the 6 month mark. Do I have any chance of converting to the 3GB plan at the 6 month mark? I don't want to trigger a device balance payment. It is a travesty having to pay anything for a LG G4.
Are you already on the $36 2GB plan?
Dec 5, 2011
40 posts
63 upvotes
London
Im very interested in this plan.Currently I am with 7/11 Speakout pay as you go. I have about $80 left in my account and expires in early
September. If I jump on this plan and port number-I assume Ill be losing all my "banked minutes" on my speakout phone?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28369 posts
14170 upvotes
Ottawa
stinkhammer wrote:
Mar 19th, 2018 10:23 am
Im very interested in this plan.Currently I am with 7/11 Speakout pay as you go. I have about $80 left in my account and expires in early
September. If I jump on this plan and port number-I assume Ill be losing all my "banked minutes" on my speakout phone?
I believe so.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3213 posts
1275 upvotes
Toronto
stinkhammer wrote:
Mar 19th, 2018 10:23 am
Yes, you will lose your money in your Speakout account. Maybe you can wait until Zoomer has another promotion or use up your money with extra data package. Can you use your fund to buy SO's cheapest phone and sell it to recover some cost?
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Dec 5, 2011
40 posts
63 upvotes
London
Unfortunately, the lowest price phone speakout offers is an $80 FiGO Virtue III. I think I would have a hard time selling that. How often does Zoomer offer these promos? I am assuming 3gb for $36 wont come around very often . I may just let my 12 yo daughter use old phone for emergencies. (Though its hard enough to get her outside and off her other electronics)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3213 posts
1275 upvotes
Toronto
stinkhammer wrote:
Mar 19th, 2018 10:56 am
Unfortunately, the lowest price phone speakout offers is an $80 FiGO Virtue III. I think I would have a hard time selling that. How often does Zoomer offer these promos? I am assuming 3gb for $36 wont come around very often . I may just let my 12 yo daughter use old phone for emergencies. (Though its hard enough to get her outside and off her other electronics)
This is the first time for $36/3GB, so it is hard to do the prediction.
Carry Tel Internet
Mar 18, 2018
5 posts
This seems very appealing, I've been looking around for deals on plans/phones for a while now. I'm a complete beginner when it comes to this though. I did read through the thread, but I'm still a little unsure about some things.

So if I'm interested in the plan but not the phone, I could just sell the phone and get another one somewhere else and use it with Zoomer?
Oct 10, 2012
183 posts
52 upvotes
jackrk wrote:
Mar 19th, 2018 11:27 am
This seems very appealing, I've been looking around for deals on plans/phones for a while now. I'm a complete beginner when it comes to this though. I did read through the thread, but I'm still a little unsure about some things.

So if I'm interested in the plan but not the phone, I could just sell the phone and get another one somewhere else and use it with Zoomer?
Yes especially now since all phones have to come unlocked you just put the zoomer sim in and off you go.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10438 posts
9602 upvotes
jackrk wrote:

RFDers with this plan sell the free phone to pay for inexpensive but GOOD phone from Koodo. e.g. I got a Samsung A5 $0 upfront $360 medium tab with 350k PCO points($350) at TMS 9 days ago. I am staying with Koodo for 91 days on $15/m seasonal hold with the self-referral $50 credit.
Last edited by embguy on Mar 19th, 2018 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, PM $37 5GB plan, PM $7 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $115/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3213 posts
1275 upvotes
Toronto
jackrk wrote:

One thing you need to know is the device balance if you do not stay for 2 years. For example, the popular GR5 and J3 for this plan all have $250 device balance.
Carry Tel Internet
Nov 23, 2014
348 posts
104 upvotes
Surrey, BC
I wish they had come out with this deal a few months prior.

I didn't want to switch out of Zoomer but I had to because they didn't have a 3GB plan at the time and I wasn't fond of the 4GB plan. :( This would have been perfect.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1761 posts
1227 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I am on $36/2gb plan for 6 months, but will move to Koodo $40/6GB plan .
I happen to able to open an extra line (Turn 1PM line into 2 Koodo account), so I will port my Zoomer number over.
- 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
- Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28369 posts
14170 upvotes
Ottawa
cheapshopper wrote:
Mar 19th, 2018 1:27 pm
I am on $36/2gb plan for 6 months, but will move to Koodo $40/6GB plan .
I happen to able to open an extra line (Turn 1PM line into 2 Koodo account), so I will port my Zoomer number over.
$40/6GB is not for the general public, otherwise we would all be on it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Tony98