Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2019 11:58 pm
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10823 posts
9901 upvotes
dtaylorl wrote:
Mar 21st, 2018 1:26 pm
Thanks. So just one more time to confirm, the extended coverage shouldn’t be any different than what I have right now with Koodo?
Yes, When your phone does not get Rogers signal, it will switch to Bell/Telus network.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, 2x $13 250MB, $7 50min/50text, 2x $8 50min/50text,
2x Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, Fido $10 4GB data only plan, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
3194 posts
2934 upvotes
Vancouver
jeall wrote:
Mar 19th, 2018 5:02 pm
Seeing you are from the Vancouver area, is the Rogers network as good as Telus for here and the Kelowna area (where we go often)? I wouldn't want to switch if it's not too reliable in the interior.
I have no clue about Kelowna, haven't been there in ages, but as far as Rogers go in Vancouver, _from my experience_ with Fido LTE data only plan, quality cannot even compare to Telus. Terrible ping times, low transfer speeds. Almost useless for VOIP . So just be warned. Not applicable for your situation, but for me Freedom LTE data in Vancouver works miracles.. Rogers totally failed.
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Apr 5, 2016
576 posts
1187 upvotes
BC
Just thought I'd share
Although I've been mostly pleased with Zoomer, I'm now actively looking to switch - very likely to Koodo.

I've been on the loyalty Unlimited / 4 GB plan for $45 which price wise is pretty good (if you re-sign a contract every 2 years to get a phone to sell)
I really hate receiving the Zoomer Magazine - I tried to get them to stop sending it - they wouldn't.
I also wasn't credited referrals several times which I thought was a bit bogus. (Yes I know I can call in and fight for it)

Why switch to Koodo?
Referrals that you can actually properly track
No Zoomer magazine (waste of paper and postage)
Much better phones and much better promotions on phones
I'm currently out of my 2 year contract

So now, I'm looking into getting something similar to the Unlimited / 4GB $40 PM plan or the Unlimited / 6GB $45 plan

Other than that, Zoomer has been good at Customer Service and a decent Price
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1147 posts
290 upvotes
1. How much do referrals pay the referee and recipient?
2. At what point during the sign up do you enter the referee info?
3. What referee info is required?

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2002
2810 posts
522 upvotes
Ajax
bizzyseller wrote:
Mar 21st, 2018 2:25 pm

Thanks.
Name and account number
You tell them when signing up.
25 dollars to both the new activation and current subscriber
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3242 posts
1292 upvotes
Toronto
ChiliPalmer wrote:
Mar 21st, 2018 2:17 pm
Just thought I'd share
Although I've been mostly pleased with Zoomer, I'm now actively looking to switch - very likely to Koodo.

I've been on the loyalty Unlimited / 4 GB plan for $45 which price wise is pretty good (if you re-sign a contract every 2 years to get a phone to sell)
I really hate receiving the Zoomer Magazine - I tried to get them to stop sending it - they wouldn't.
I also wasn't credited referrals several times which I thought was a bit bogus. (Yes I know I can call in and fight for it)

Why switch to Koodo?

So now, I'm looking into getting something similar to the Unlimited / 4GB $40 PM plan or the Unlimited / 6GB $45 plan

I do not like Koodo's referral system. Too many rules to follow and there is $300 cap. You have to remind your friend to redeem the offer before activation. If there is anything wrong, communication is a pain.

For all the referral systems I used, CarryTel is the best. My friends just use my code during online ordering and I have full track of the referral process under my account. CarryTel will also send me email during wach stage.

Koodo have many phone deals, but usually you get better deals with new activations (recently they started offering some better deals for existing customers).
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3242 posts
1292 upvotes
Toronto
bizzyseller wrote:
Mar 21st, 2018 2:25 pm

Thanks.
1. $25 each. Sometimes they have promo for $50 each.

2. You just give them the referer's info when you sign up or within 30 days.

3. They usually need referer's first name and account number (or phone number). Some reps may need more or less info for the referer, so it is always a good idea that you can contact your referer if you need to.
Carry Tel Internet
Dec 24, 2007
60 posts
25 upvotes
ChiliPalmer wrote:
Mar 21st, 2018 2:17 pm
Just thought I'd share

Why switch to Koodo?

If magazines annoy you, don't go with Rogers, they keep sending few different magazines every month to my family member even though we cancelled Rogers years ago.
BTW, RFD member that wants to cancel service because of receiving free magazine ? That's a first ;)
Jul 9, 2015
140 posts
45 upvotes
$10 home phone has ended apparently. Any idea how often they run the promo?
Oct 13, 2008
123 posts
151 upvotes
Bummer! I am currently with Cityfone and they would not let me use a zoomer referral code even though I opened a new separate line with its own phone # and account #
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1905 posts
410 upvotes
m4r 1k8
hey guys whats the 40.5$ plan that comes with the free P10 lite
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3242 posts
1292 upvotes
Toronto
ed116 wrote:
Mar 21st, 2018 2:50 pm
hey guys whats the 40.5$ plan that comes with the free P10 lite
I think it has 100 more minutes and unlimited imcoming calls comparing to the $36 plan.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10823 posts
9901 upvotes
9613019 wrote:
Mar 21st, 2018 3:03 pm
I think it has 100 more minutes and unlimited imcoming calls comparing to the $36 plan.
Will Zoomer gives us the 2GB bonus data?
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, 2x $13 250MB, $7 50min/50text, 2x $8 50min/50text,
2x Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, Fido $10 4GB data only plan, $0 FPL home phone
Feb 18, 2010
812 posts
287 upvotes
Greely
I read that a number of countries, including Canada, signed on to a Resolution to end roaming charges. If you can sign onto any fixed contract right now for a 2 or 3 year period, it might be a wise idea!

Lapresse article
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3242 posts
1292 upvotes
Toronto
embguy wrote:
Mar 21st, 2018 3:07 pm
Will Zoomer gives us the 2GB bonus data?
Most likely. I think no one has checked with this plan until the P10 lite has been added to the lineup. It might be a good option though. It cost $108 more than the $36 plan in 2 years, but save $75 on phone cost, so the net cost is $33 over 2 years. Good for people with a lot of incoming calls.
Carry Tel Internet

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)