Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2019 3:04 am
Oct 6, 2004
271 posts
66 upvotes
mikeymoe wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 10:34 am
This sounds like a great deal. My only issue with it is having to provide my credit card to set up pre-authorized monthly payments. I believe there's no other way to go about it but I am just accustomed to get billed monthly (Rogers, Koodo, PC Mobile, etc.). Has anyone ever had any "billing issues" with Zoomer?
I never have. Their customer service is excellent.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2286 posts
1206 upvotes
GVRD
mikeymoe wrote:
This sounds like a great deal. My only issue with it is having to provide my credit card to set up pre-authorized monthly payments. I believe there's no other way to go about it but I am just accustomed to get billed monthly (Rogers, Koodo, PC Mobile, etc.). Has anyone ever had any "billing issues" with Zoomer?
I always have pre-authorized payment with everyone and I know exactly how much each month is as I never go over. If I see one month is more, then I will look.
lord wayne wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 11:09 am
I have the same experience with the GR5. I think it is how it handles memory. It works great after you reboot it, but after a while, the thing slows to a crawl. I don't like how it handles notifications as well. By default it shuts off notifications from apps like WhatsApp and others. You manually have to exclude it from being shut off. You have to go through all your apps that you want to have notifications turned on. I went back to using my Nexus 5. I'm am disappointed with the phone, but overall I saved a lot of money on the plan, even though the GR5 is only used for photos and GPS now,
This aggressive management of memory is signatures of Chinese phone. It is annoying as heck because you could be wondering why you never receive a message and then realize the app is closed.
Sep 5, 2017
78 posts
7 upvotes
halifax
i have got plan from zoomed recently, and i referred my friend, and my account show me i have -$25 credit....?
why isn't it showing +25 ?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3213 posts
1275 upvotes
Toronto
Sounghoe wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 12:07 pm
i have got plan from zoomed recently, and i referred my friend, and my account show me i have -$25 credit....?
Negative sign means credit.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Nov 23, 2015
638 posts
336 upvotes
Winnipeg
lord wayne wrote:
I have the same experience with the GR5. I think it is how it handles memory. It works great after you reboot it, but after a while, the thing slows to a crawl. I don't like how it handles notifications as well. By default it shuts off notifications from apps like WhatsApp and others. You manually have to exclude it from being shut off. You have to go through all your apps that you want to have notifications turned on. I went back to using my Nexus 5. I'm am disappointed with the phone, but overall I saved a lot of money on the plan, even though the GR5 is only used for photos and GPS now,
Yeah, I found it OK for the first while but it didn't take much to fill up the device's 16 GB memory at which point it becomes extremely sluggish. I've had mine for a year and while I wouldn't call it unusable yet, it's getting there. I'm looking forward to replacing it with something else.
Apr 23, 2003
355 posts
133 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
mikeymoe wrote:
No, their detailed billing is easy to understand. IMHO, it is the same (if not better) than the Big 3. You still get your monthly e-bills by signing into there website.
Apr 23, 2003
355 posts
133 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
lord wayne wrote:
I hated EMUI. Just unlock the bootloader and install either LineageOS or Crdroid, root with Magisk, and install the Pixel launcher apk. Finally, use Greenify to hibernate most of your apps.

Voila, close to stock Android with lots of customization. Never have to experience the crappy iOS-like UI again.
Last edited by DStriderX on Mar 23rd, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 23, 2003
355 posts
133 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Sounghoe wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 12:07 pm
Credits show up as a negative amount (-$25.00) because your monthly bill will be reduced by that amount. If it is +$25, they are charging you... this happens if your referee did not stay for 30 days with Zoomer.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2006
1059 posts
628 upvotes
Calgary
DStriderX wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 1:02 pm
I hated EMUI. Just unlock the bootloader and install either LineageOS or Crdroid, root with Magisk, and install the Pixel launcher apk. Finally, use Greenify to hibernate most of your apps.

Voila, close to stock Android with lots of customization. Never have to experience the crappy iOS-like UI again.
thanks, I will try this.. Even if i screw it up, it's no big deal since I don't use it much. It's already rooted so i hope it goes well
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
1900 posts
143 upvotes
tweebs2 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 3:16 am
Is that unlimited daytime mins and 4GB for $45? I'll take it.
Sent Pm
Feb 20, 2011
774 posts
215 upvotes
DStriderX wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 1:02 pm

Any instructions on doing this available somewhere.? Thx
Feb 20, 2011
774 posts
215 upvotes
Will zoomer exchange the phone in the first 30 days if I don’t like it?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3213 posts
1275 upvotes
Toronto
bobbyg9 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 4:45 pm
Yes, but you need to pay shipping.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28348 posts
14145 upvotes
Ottawa
bobbyg9 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 4:45 pm
9613019 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 4:46 pm
Yes, but you need to pay shipping.
The new device comes with a prepaid return envelope.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3213 posts
1275 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 4:53 pm
The new device comes with a prepaid return envelope.
That is for return. If you want to get it exchanged, you need to pay them to send the new one.
Carry Tel Internet