Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2019 8:05 pm
Oct 6, 2011
400 posts
44 upvotes
Cough. Looking to join Zoomer.
I've been waiting for this promo for a few months.
Thanks for staying in the loop, OP.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3197 posts
1256 upvotes
Toronto
zherdev wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 11:52 pm
Cough. Looking to join Zoomer.
I've been waiting for this promo for a few months.
Thanks for staying in the loop, OP.
Very surprised to see it back in such a short period. Good for consumers.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10150 posts
9382 upvotes
TheImp wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 7:08 pm
Ultimately I really regret signing up with Zoomer. Be VERY aware of what the listed price of your "free" phone is. The Huawei GR5 was listed at $250 when I signed up and it is a ripoff at that price (and virtually useless for me since I didn't need a phone).

This price matters. Maybe you have no intention at this time of cancelling your service.. but if you do for any reason.. you're gonna get (censored) up the (censored) with a cancellation fee from the "free" phone that you were FORCED to take.

And "oh yeah, you can sell the phone!". Well, I posted my phone up for sale here at the same $150 a number of people claim to have sold theirs for.. this would have made a big difference (but still wouldn't have covered all that I owed.. given how inflated the price Zoomer charges for it).. but I literally got ZERO interest in my ad. NOT ONE PERSON WANTED TO BUY IT.

Caveat emptor.
TheImp wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 8:06 pm
2GB was never going to be enough for me. But the plan I wanted was only available as a "loyalty" plan.. hence I had to sign up for this and wait 6 months in order to get the plan I wanted with Zoomer.
Zoomer's plan was better than what I had at Rogers.
But the Koodo plan I have now blows it out of the water.
At the time you signed up with Zoomer, it is the best you can find - better than the Rogers offered your at the time. Some RFDers were suggesting to get a $10 flip phone. But you picked the GR5. You got the facts before signed up. But people never expect that $60 10GB plan will be offered 6 - 7 months later after you joined Zoomer.

It is harder to sell Huawei phone - But not impossible. I just sold a Virgin Huawei P10 Lite this morning for $299 after 3 weeks. I don't have any offer day after day. But all I need is a good offer which came yesterday night and sold it this morning. Rogers has the P10 Lite. Sooner of later, Zoomer will be offering P10 Lite as free phone.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1341 posts
624 upvotes
mannie511 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 9:48 pm
$36 is a good deal for ppl who wants data but don't need a lot nor need a lot of minutes. I use maybe 5 call minutes a month.
It's nice ppl are coming in with other deals that cost more with more data but why pay $45 when I can pay $36???
5 minutes? Why not go prepaid then?
It'd cost half what Zoomer does
Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming
Oct 14, 2017
256 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
TheImp wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 7:08 pm
Ultimately I really regret signing up with Zoomer. Be VERY aware of what the listed price of your "free" phone is. The Huawei GR5 was listed at $250 when I signed up and it is a ripoff at that price (and virtually useless for me since I didn't need a phone).

This price matters. Maybe you have no intention at this time of cancelling your service.. but if you do for any reason.. you're gonna get (censored) up the (censored) with a cancellation fee from the "free" phone that you were FORCED to take.

And "oh yeah, you can sell the phone!". Well, I posted my phone up for sale here at the same $150 a number of people claim to have sold theirs for.. this would have made a big difference (but still wouldn't have covered all that I owed.. given how inflated the price Zoomer charges for it).. but I literally got ZERO interest in my ad. NOT ONE PERSON WANTED TO BUY IT.

Caveat emptor.
It's normal for a carrier to price a phone much higher. Huawei is not a very popular brand in Canada, you should of done your homework and looked to see if the phone generates any interest in the area you are trying to sell it.

I sold all 4 phones I got from zoomer.

You got into a contract with zoomer that was 100% transparent... your tears are delicious.
Jul 30, 2016
377 posts
110 upvotes
Looking to join Zoomer. I've been waiting for a promo to move out of my Koodo.

1. What is the best data plan i can go with i need at least 1 gb ?
2. How can i get a referral and how to use it ?
3. Is there any contract or is it a month to month service which i can cancel anytime ?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3197 posts
1256 upvotes
Toronto
iamagtaguy wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2018 10:29 am
Looking to join Zoomer. I've been waiting for a promo to move out of my Koodo.

1. What is the best data plan i can go with i need at least 1 gb ?
2. How can i get a referral and how to use it ?
3. Is there any contract or is it a month to month service which i can cancel anytime ?
1. $36 for 2GB
2. PM someone who is with Zoomer
3. 2 year contract. You need to pay the device balance if you want to cancel.
Carry Tel Internet
Jul 30, 2016
377 posts
110 upvotes
hmm. I really don't want to stuck into the 2 year contract, are there any other services for me to swith with at least 500 mins and 1 GB on a month to month and i live in Ottawa ? I am currently paying $40 with Koodo (for 500 mins and 1 GB per month)
Oct 10, 2012
182 posts
52 upvotes
iamagtaguy wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2018 10:35 am
hmm. I really don't want to stuck into the 2 year contract, are there any other services for me to swith with at least 500 mins and 1 GB on a month to month and i live in Ottawa ? I am currently paying $40 with Koodo (for 500 mins and 1 GB per month)
You only get the $36 2GB plan with a contract. The month to month you don't get the double double promo.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10150 posts
9382 upvotes
iamagtaguy wrote:
Zoomer month-to-month $36 plan 200 minutes + 500 MB data. It is better to stay with Koodo.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3197 posts
1256 upvotes
Toronto
iamagtaguy wrote:
Here are my suggestions.

1. Talk to Koodo and mention the Zoomer plan and your intention to cancel your Koodo service. You may get a 2GB plan for less.

2. Switch to the Koodo QC $35/1GB plan.

3. If you want to go with Zoomer, you can get a $100 phone, then you have less to pay if you decide to cancel later on.
Carry Tel Internet
May 24, 2006
58 posts
37 upvotes
I took the $36 400 min + 2GB data bonus plan and couldn't be happier.

I have been with Bell over 10 years. It's pathetic that the "promo" they could offer me for me not to leave was $40 talk-and-text.
I was on a $39 plan with 450 min & 500 MB - and had to be careful not to get any overcharges every single month.

Both my wife and I are on Zoomer and do not have to worry about that, since the Zoomer plan offers unlimited Z-to-Z and 2GB data is more than enough for my needs.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10150 posts
9382 upvotes
9613019 wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2018 10:47 am
Here are my suggestions.

1. Talk to Koodo and mention the Zoomer plan and your intention to cancel your Koodo service. You may get a 2GB plan for less.

2. Switch to the Koodo QC $35/1GB plan.

3. If you want to go with Zoomer, you can get a $100 phone, then you have less to pay if you decide to cancel later on.
Taking $100 phone is the next to month-to-month. It is $4.17/m for the remaining contract if you need to cancel early. Put away $4 every month into a piggy bank and use the saving to pay for the contract if you cancel early.

Another Option:
Last year, I got the cheapest plan $16.2/m on month-to-month. Left that SIM card in my drawer for 6 months. After 6 months, ported my number to this SIM card and switched to the $36 loyalty plan with unlimited minutes + 2GB data. The cost for 6 months is $97.2 + tax.

If there is a better plan offered, similar to the $60 10GB promo, during the first 6 months, cancel the Zoomer $16.2 plan.
Nov 11, 2010
308 posts
46 upvotes
GTA
9613019 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 1:17 am
I remember they sent out email with $10 home phone promotion last time.
Is the $10/month home phone plan still on and can be obtained via chat/phone? The website still has it at $20/month.

Also, is the $10/month ongoing or limited?
Feb 25, 2015
707 posts
694 upvotes
NB
iamagtaguy wrote:
Talk to Koodo retentions.
Last edited by carbide on Feb 2nd, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The things you own end up owning you..." (c)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)