Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2019 8:47 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
3936 posts
1618 upvotes
M-Arkham
just a heads up, G4 got a serious overheating issue which cause it to boot loop
2x Zoomer $36 for 4GB and unlimited Can wide txt/talk
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide Pulse
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
3936 posts
1618 upvotes
M-Arkham
Im debating on getting the P10 lite over the G4, Huawei got less issue with the Chinese apps my mom uses for her phone compare to LG, and it doesn't have the overheating issue.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1477 posts
533 upvotes
TBD
Brewmeanie wrote:
Apr 11th, 2018 10:30 pm
Im debating on getting the P10 lite over the G4, Huawei got less issue with the Chinese apps my mom uses for her phone compare to LG, and it doesn't have the overheating issue.
i got the p10 lite. so far its pretty good. good battery life, decent screen feels snappier than my iphone 7.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
3565 posts
1520 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm long overdue for a hardware upgrade with zoomer. My wife's fido G3 is dying, so I figured might as well get a free phone to unlock and give to her. Any idea how much I'd have to pay for the P10 lite if I'm on the $36/month loyalty plan?

edit: saw previous post, it's $75. I think that's worth it. I'm assuming I get to keep my 10% discount and bonus data if I re-up for 2 years for hardware upgrade?
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
3936 posts
1618 upvotes
M-Arkham
Im thinking of paying extra for the P10 lite as well, less after sale care, also I know less likely hood of app compatibility issue for my mom

Now, if im the one using this, then yeah, i would take the G4 since i know how to deal with the random misc crap that might get thrown at me
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3213 posts
1275 upvotes
Toronto
notenoughsleep wrote:
Apr 12th, 2018 12:35 am
I'm long overdue for a hardware upgrade with zoomer. My wife's fido G3 is dying, so I figured might as well get a free phone to unlock and give to her. Any idea how much I'd have to pay for the P10 lite if I'm on the $36/month loyalty plan?

edit: saw previous post, it's $75. I think that's worth it. I'm assuming I get to keep my 10% discount and bonus data if I re-up for 2 years for hardware upgrade?
If you renew your contact, you have the choice to keep the $36 loyalty plan or get the $36/3GB promo plan.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2002
2774 posts
488 upvotes
Ajax
Brewmeanie wrote:
Apr 11th, 2018 10:20 pm
just a heads up, G4 got a serious overheating issue which cause it to boot loop
Honestly not everyone has this issue we have had 3 g4s and nothing has happened in years .
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2409 posts
963 upvotes
GTA
gostinger wrote:
Apr 12th, 2018 7:28 am
Honestly not everyone has this issue we have had 3 g4s and nothing has happened in years .
+1

I've been using an LG G4 for over a year with no problems at all.
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3213 posts
1275 upvotes
Toronto
bvit6667 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2018 8:16 am
+1

I've been using an LG G4 for over a year with no problems at all.
My LG G3 dead after 23 months and my LG G Pad III had boot loop issue after 10 months, so I am not confident with LG phones.
Carry Tel Internet
Apr 1, 2017
819 posts
1254 upvotes
I was about to open a line on behalf my relative a month or two ago. Got to the credit check stage but then she wanted to do it herself so that was called off. But I never activated a line, received a phone or owed them anything. Now that I want to open 2 lines for myself Zoomer's account department is requiring a $150 deposit from me, which they will hold for 6 months, despite the fact that the CSR told me my credit score is very high and my account would be approved right away normally. It wasn't a great experience to be honest. I've never been with any carrier that requires a deposit from me nor have I heard that a deposit should be held for that long. Is Zoomer allowed to do this?
Blowing all savings from RFD on deals from RFD 😂
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3213 posts
1275 upvotes
Toronto
aintic wrote:
Apr 12th, 2018 2:53 pm
I was about to open a line on behalf my relative a month or two ago. Got to the credit check stage but then she wanted to do it herself so that was called off. But I never activated a line, received a phone or owed them anything. Now that I want to open 2 lines for myself Zoomer's account department is requiring a $150 deposit from me, which they will hold for 6 months, despite the fact that the CSR told me my credit score is very high and my account would be approved right away normally. It wasn't a great experience to be honest. I've never been with any carrier that requires a deposit from me nor have I heard that a deposit should be held for that long. Is Zoomer allowed to do this?
Deposit is required when you have bad credit or no credit history. Did you ask them why you need to pay deposit?
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18495 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
aintic wrote:
Apr 12th, 2018 2:53 pm
This is not the first time I heard of this being done. Usually, it is for situations where the credit score is borderline to whatever their internal requirements are. TBH, I think carriers are applying an overabundance of care to the detriment of new customers. We are talking about monthly fees of under $100 including max overage. If you fail to pay for a month, they can initiate action right away. Is all this BS needed for such a small cash advance? Hardly.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Oct 22, 2013
250 posts
123 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Poutinesauce wrote:
Apr 11th, 2018 9:28 pm
Get the G4, LG is a known brand. Nobody is going to want to pay anything but rock-bottom prices for a Huawei phone, no matter how good it is.
Yes known brand for boot-loop issue.. I totally agree with you.