Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2019 10:12 am
Apr 1, 2017
903 posts
1454 upvotes
I asked the CSR. He said the account department makes the decision and he doesn't get an explanation. But he thought it might be because I called off opening a line the last time. The order was never finalized though and there was no activation done yet. It seems excessive of Zoomer, especially when my credit score is confirmed to be very high by the CSR, and that I'm opening 2 lines on contract with them.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3242 posts
1292 upvotes
Toronto
aintic wrote:
Apr 12th, 2018 3:54 pm
I asked the CSR. He said the account department makes the decision and he doesn't get an explanation. But he thought it might be because I called off opening a line the last time. The order was never finalized though and there was no activation done yet. It seems excessive of Zoomer, especially when my credit score is confirmed to be very high by the CSR, and that I'm opening 2 lines on contract with them.
They may do this to prevent identity theft. You last attempt may trigger something.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Aug 10, 2003
329 posts
93 upvotes
has anybody switched from Fido and received a winback phone call? if so, what were the offers?

Also - sounds like the LG G4 is best for resale? Is it also best of the three in terms of device specs and quality? (i.e. if i were to keep it as a wifi device/emergency phone)
Feb 20, 2011
790 posts
223 upvotes
K2` wrote:
Apr 12th, 2018 4:47 pm
has anybody switched from Fido and received a winback phone call? if so, what were the offers?

Also - sounds like the LG G4 is best for resale? Is it also best of the three in terms of device specs and quality? (i.e. if i were to keep it as a wifi device/emergency phone)
Switched from Fido and no call or offer from them after almost one month. G4 would be my choice.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1142 posts
207 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
bobbyg9 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2018 5:49 pm
I was disappointed with the gr5 and asked for an exchange for the Q6. That wanted me to pay 15$ return shipping but I kindly asked if they could waive which they did
Dealfinder111 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2018 5:57 pm
I asked too they said no. The $15 charge is not for the return, its for shipping a new phone to me that includes the insurance and something they said. Do you have to pay anything for the shipping new phone to you?
I have second thoughts about the P10 Lite so I called and asked if they would charge me to ship a different phone. To my surprise they said they would not, so maybe the rep I spoke with did not know the rules?
May 6, 2017
144 posts
143 upvotes
Quick question - if I reject a call from the US, I won't get charged right?

I had something happen with Fido where I rejected a call from the US and was still charged a minute of usage. When talking with the Fido rep they told me to let the call ring and to not reject the call or I would get charged.

Is this the same with Zoomer?
Last edited by RFDblin on Apr 13th, 2018 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 23, 2003
389 posts
159 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
RFDblin wrote:
Apr 13th, 2018 12:08 am
Quick question - if I reject a call from the US, I won't get charged right?

I had something happen when with Fido where I rejected a call from the US and was still charged a minute of usage. When talking with the Fido rep they told me to let the call ring and to not reject the call or I would get charged.

Is this the same with Zoomer?
That is correct. If you reject the call, the carriers will charge you. If you ignore the call, they can't... go figure.
May 6, 2017
144 posts
143 upvotes
DStriderX wrote:
Apr 13th, 2018 12:58 am
That is correct. If you reject the call, the carriers will charge you. If you ignore the call, they can't... go figure.
That is... the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Welp, alright. Thanks for the info.
Apr 23, 2003
389 posts
159 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
RFDblin wrote:
Apr 13th, 2018 1:01 am
That is... the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Welp, alright. Thanks for the info.
I know it's a terrible policy! But they always find a way to charge the consumer. However, Zoomer may be able to waive or work with you on resolving such minor charges. As for the other carriers including Fido, it feels like you have to go to war with them for every penny.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
3894 posts
3071 upvotes
Toronto
DStriderX wrote:
Apr 13th, 2018 12:58 am
When you see a call come in and you don't respond to it at all, it basically is considered an incomplete call and goes automatically to your provider's voicemail. If you reject a call, you have now sent a signal back and answered/acknowledged the call, even if it's to reject them or send them to voicemail. So basically, it's the difference between a completed call or incomplete call, even if the end result (sending them to voicemail) is the same.
Sep 4, 2014
550 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hmm p10 lite vs G4. I can't decide which one has the best camera and the longest battery. And is smoother experience Overall. The G4 is pretty old I don't think it will get updates. The Huawei is brand new thought so I'm hoping for some form of support. And newer devices usually perform better and have better technology.
Anyone can chime in on this?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3242 posts
1292 upvotes
Toronto
jojothejoker wrote:
Apr 13th, 2018 11:16 am
Hmm p10 lite vs G4. I can't decide which one has the best camera and the longest battery. And is smoother experience Overall. The G4 is pretty old I don't think it will get updates. The Huawei is brand new thought so I'm hoping for some form of support. And newer devices usually perform better and have better technology.
Anyone can chime in on this?
Do not forget that you also need to pay $75 more for P10 Lite.
Carry Tel Internet
Nov 17, 2016
286 posts
176 upvotes
So smartphone plan for 36$ list data as 2GB, not 3 GB - 500MB + 500MB (double your data) + 1GB Bonus.

So why this post title says 3GB?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3242 posts
1292 upvotes
Toronto
Vi20161128 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2018 11:25 am
So smartphone plan for 36$ list data as 2GB, not 3 GB - 500MB + 500MB (double your data) + 1GB Bonus.

So why this post title says 3GB?
They do not always post the current promo online, but it is 3GB if you talk/chat with them.
Carry Tel Internet
Mar 14, 2018
11 posts
1 upvote
Nothing from Fido after I left, just as they always did--with them more than 5 yrs, never got the promotional benefits like 2GB data or something.
Glad I made the move.