Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2019 7:38 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1072 posts
523 upvotes
Toronto, ON
flamez1000 wrote:
Apr 14th, 2018 6:33 pm
After 6 months, will the loyalty plan be 2gb or 3gb?
Loyalty looks to be 2gb. But you can also choose to stay with the 3gb non loyalty
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1279 posts
835 upvotes
Boomer23 wrote:
Apr 14th, 2018 2:57 pm
Do you have to order online? Or can you visit somewhere in Ontario to sign up?
only call or chat. they are very helpful. takes about a week to arrive by mail depending where you live. they will even install the Sim card if you want. easy peasy.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
1341 posts
184 upvotes
Solsearchin1 wrote:
Apr 14th, 2018 1:42 am
When does the 36$/3GB deal expire?
karnige wrote:
Apr 14th, 2018 3:01 am
end of april that we know of. was originally end of march so who knows
Click on the link in OP, scroll to the bottom where it says "See Full Details". This is what it says:
"Zoomer Wireless offers shown are for new activations only and expire June 30, 2018, or while quantities last, and are subject to change without notice."
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3226 posts
1284 upvotes
Toronto
ShinNoodles wrote:
Apr 14th, 2018 7:08 pm
Click on the link in OP, scroll to the bottom where it says "See Full Details". This is what it says:
"Zoomer Wireless offers shown are for new activations only and expire June 30, 2018, or while quantities last, and are subject to change without notice."
June 30 is for 2GB.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Jul 13, 2009
793 posts
100 upvotes
DStriderX wrote:
Apr 13th, 2018 5:19 pm
They can't charge you the full month -- it's illegal. They have to pro-rate as per the Wireless code to the date you cancelled/ported out your number. Call Koodo and they will do an adjustment. If they refuse, file a complaint with CCTS.
Yea. I'm planning to do that after getting suspicious about that email.
It's just that for those who dont look into it, they'll get their money stolen by Koodo.
Cell plans - anything more than $10/gb is a ripoff.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2002
2777 posts
497 upvotes
Ajax
ChappyHappy wrote:
Apr 15th, 2018 2:42 am
It's just that for those who dont look into it, they'll get their money stolen by Koodo.
Definitely don't pay them it has happened to me a second time as well . I ported another line from koodo days before my billing cycle ended and they are trying to squeeze another month of service for my ported line. With technology the way it is today and instantaneous port over this should not happen.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11045 posts
2599 upvotes
Sorry, I am late to the party, glad to see this is still available.
Couple of questions but I don't have time to read through the 37 pages...

I understand there is the 1 GB bonus, and people talk about switching to the 2 GB plan with unlimited after 6 months? Is the reasoning on this to have unlimited?
My wife wouldn't use anywhere near 400 minutes, so it may be enough, so having said that, is the bonus data good for the 2 year term?
Also, thoughts on the best free phone? G4 or J3? etc. And is the final price only $36, plus tax and 911 etc, or is there tab for the phone?

Thanks for any quick info you can provide.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3226 posts
1284 upvotes
Toronto
jackass_ca wrote:
Apr 15th, 2018 7:38 am
Sorry, I am late to the party, glad to see this is still available.
Couple of questions but I don't have time to read through the 37 pages...

I understand there is the 1 GB bonus, and people talk about switching to the 2 GB plan with unlimited after 6 months? Is the reasoning on this to have unlimited?
My wife wouldn't use anywhere near 400 minutes, so it may be enough, so having said that, is the bonus data good for the 2 year term?
Also, thoughts on the best free phone? G4 or J3? etc. And is the final price only $36, plus tax and 911 etc, or is there tab for the phone?

Thanks for any quick info you can provide.
If you do not need more than 400 minutes, then just keep the 3GB plan. It only has mini voicemail though.

Best free phone is LG G4, but the Huawei P10 Lite with $75 is also a good choice.

Price and plan will be the same even after 2 years.

No tab system, but you need to pay device balance with early cancellation.

No other fees and 911 fee is only charged in some provinces.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11045 posts
2599 upvotes
9613019 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2018 7:47 am
If you do not need more than 400 minutes, then just keep the 3GB plan. It only has mini voicemail though.

Best free phone is LG G4, but the Huawei P10 Lite with $75 is also a good choice.

Price and plan will be the same even after 2 years.

No tab system, but you need to pay device balance with early cancellation.

No other fees and 911 fee is only charged in some provinces.
Thanks, just reading, does the G4 get the Nougat update? She currently has a Huawei P6, up front don't mind paying the $75, since we haven't had to buy a phone for a few years.
And people are confirming that by calling or through chat, you can get this 3GB plan, even though the site only shows the 500 + 500 + 1GB bonus? (Sorry, edit, just reread the bold part you put in the OP, about how it's not listed. Sorry, Sunday, coffee hasn't made it that far yet)
Stuck at work today, will have to call tonight or tomorrow if she decides she wants to upgrade.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3226 posts
1284 upvotes
Toronto
jackass_ca wrote:
Apr 15th, 2018 7:51 am
Thanks, just reading, does the G4 get the Nougat update? She currently has a Huawei P6, up front don't mind paying the $75, since we haven't had to buy a phone for a few years.
And people are confirming that by calling or through chat, you can get this 3GB plan, even though the site only shows the 500 + 500 + 1GB bonus? (Sorry, edit, just reread the bold part you put in the OP, about how it's not listed. Sorry, Sunday, coffee hasn't made it that far yet)
Stuck at work today, will have to call tonight or tomorrow if she decides she wants to upgrade.
No Nougat for Canadian G4. P10 Lite will have better software updates based on Huawei's past practices.
Carry Tel Internet
Oct 18, 2007
307 posts
77 upvotes
domo325 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2018 1:29 am
For $150, sell ASAP. Well, hopefully you did.. lol
Nah, they backed out. I got an offer for $170 from London, England though...
Apr 27, 2016
46 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
ChappyHappy wrote:
Apr 15th, 2018 2:42 am
It happened to me too. People porting out from Koodo to Zoomer should call Koodo customer service (after porting out is successful) and get their last bill prorated.
This is definitely a little trick from Koodo.
CSR said they will send a cheque within 2 weeks.
Zoomer $36 4GB
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2002
2777 posts
497 upvotes
Ajax
Zoomer is a great choice for the price and they are always quick to respond to customer inquiries. The referral is a bonus.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2645 posts
341 upvotes
Toronto
xuez647 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2018 7:17 pm
It happened to me too. People porting out from Koodo to Zoomer should call Koodo customer service (after porting out is successful) and get their last bill prorated.
This is definitely a little trick from Koodo.
CSR said they will send a cheque within 2 weeks.
Koodo did that to me as well, even though they verbally assured me the final bill will be prorated. Since I owed them a tab, I immediately disabled auto-pay and waited for the final bill. I called in after for them to adjust, which they did immediately after complaining. It's apparently standard practice for Koodo to charge the entire month.
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
7362 posts
2404 upvotes
sp14 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2018 6:24 pm
Nah, they backed out. I got an offer for $170 from London, England though...
Why didn't you sell it to them in England?

As long as they were willing to pay for it ... and give you money on top for shipping etc -- would have been okay, no?