Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 3GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2019 9:29 pm
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10603 posts
9743 upvotes
sp14 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2018 6:24 pm
Nah, they backed out. I got an offer for $170 from London, England though...
It is most likely a scam.

Don't be discouraged by this. All you need is one buyer, not two, just one.
A few years back, everyone were selling Zoomer free Samsung Core LTE of $150 or less. But I sold a new-in-box Core LTE for $195 and an one year old Core LTE for $140.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, $7 50min/50text,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 3 lines $95/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Oct 18, 2007
307 posts
77 upvotes
Darkman wrote:
Apr 15th, 2018 9:03 pm
Why didn't you sell it to them in England?

As long as they were willing to pay for it ... and give you money on top for shipping etc -- would have been okay, no?
embguy wrote:
Apr 15th, 2018 9:18 pm
It is most likely a scam.

Don't be discouraged by this. All you need is one buyer, not two, just one.
A few years back, everyone were selling Zoomer free Samsung Core LTE of $150 or less. But I sold a new-in-box Core LTE for $195 and an one year old Core LTE for $140.
She said it's a gift for a boyfriend and has given me a shipping address so I can get her a shipping quote. I've never sent anything overseas so I'm a newbie to the process of customs (I dunno if she'll be charged taxes, etc. but that's for her to deal w/ on delivery I guess), etc. but I figure if it can be done legit via a wire transfer through Western Union, then it'd be ok. If there's any way she can get my address or personal details, I'm not going through with it to be on the safe side.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10603 posts
9743 upvotes
sp14 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2018 9:29 pm
She said it's a gift for a boyfriend and has given me a shipping address so I can get her a shipping quote. I've never sent anything overseas so I'm a newbie to the process of customs (I dunno if she'll be charged taxes, etc. but that's for her to deal w/ on delivery I guess), etc. but I figure if it can be done legit via a wire transfer through Western Union, then it'd be ok. If there's any way she can get my address or personal details, I'm not going through with it to be on the safe side.
Exactly... I had scam offer to send my phone to his son in South Africa.
Is the buyer agreed on sending money by Western Union?
Oct 18, 2007
307 posts
77 upvotes
embguy wrote:
Apr 15th, 2018 9:35 pm
Exactly... I had scam offer to send my phone to his son in South Africa.
Is the buyer agreed on sending money by Western Union?
I'm gonna get a quote and stop by Western Union tomorrow (Ontario ice storm made it a stay-at-home weekend). I dunno how wire transfers work (like if I can just get the cash in hand) but once I figure out her total $, I'll message her and simply state that I'll only do it via Western Union or someone equally reliable. Worse come worse, I don't mind waiting it out like you did!
Apr 27, 2011
395 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
sp14 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2018 9:29 pm
When I started to sell on Kijiji, I got a lot of this kind of offers. Always similar reason. Thinking this way, if she would like to pay $170 + shipping, is there any reason she cannot get one with that price locally? Even if she has a good reason to buy it from Canada, try to do a search the same item on Kijiji Canada wide by yourself. I bet you should be able to find some items with better price. Then why she chose yours? Probably the only reason is you replied.
Last edited by imnovayu on Apr 15th, 2018 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 4, 2014
536 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sp14 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2018 10:14 pm
I'm gonna get a quote and stop by Western Union tomorrow (Ontario ice storm made it a stay-at-home weekend). I dunno how wire transfers work (like if I can just get the cash in hand) but once I figure out her total $, I'll message her and simply state that I'll only do it via Western Union or someone equally reliable. Worse come worse, I don't mind waiting it out like you did!
Western Union transfers can be cancelled through obscure methods... Don't fall for this. This is 100% a scam.
Dec 9, 2010
424 posts
69 upvotes
Darkman wrote:
Apr 15th, 2018 9:03 pm
Why didn't you sell it to them in England?

As long as they were willing to pay for it ... and give you money on top for shipping etc -- would have been okay, no?
Why would a legit person from London, England be shopping for a phone on Kijiji located in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada?
My Zoomer Wireless cell phone plan:
$36 monthly, 3GB Rogers LTE data, 400 Canada-wide min, Unlimited text
$50 referral bonus, and free Samsung J3 cell phone
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
6236 posts
2220 upvotes
sp14 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2018 6:24 pm
Nah, they backed out. I got an offer for $170 from London, England though...
Don't bother wasting your time on this. Just wait it out, someone local will bite.
Jul 13, 2009
793 posts
99 upvotes
gostinger wrote:
Apr 15th, 2018 5:30 am
Definitely don't pay them it has happened to me a second time as well.
I set up PAP. Just tried to remove PAP. Wasnt able to. They charge me for March, but I ported out early April so it would be fair if they prorate early April. As long as they dont charge me all of April.
I'll see.
Cell plans - anything more than $10/gb is a ripoff.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10603 posts
9743 upvotes
ChappyHappy wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 2:11 am
I set up PAP. Just tried to remove PAP. Wasnt able to. They charge me for March, but I ported out early April so it would be fair if they prorate early April. As long as they dont charge me all of April.
I'll see.
As I said a few days ago, you need to call Koodo now or later after getting the final bill. If you call now, your final bill will be charged to the port out day. If you wait after getting your final bill, you need to call Koodo to get your final bill adjusted.

Is Koodo policy is right? No. But Koodo is doing this for many years. They want you to work to get the money back. :(
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2004
1716 posts
264 upvotes
Mississauga
sp14 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2018 10:14 pm
can't believe you're considering this, stopping by Western Union? Dude, this is a scam... move on.
Oct 18, 2007
307 posts
77 upvotes
I just thought maybe it was no longer available in the UK and Western Union is 30 seconds from work. Whatever the reason, I'm bailing on the whole thing. I want to sell the phone but it's not worth the risk.
Apr 15, 2018
3 posts
Hello, I'm new to RedFlagDeals. Thanks for the info on this phone plan! We are going to sign up for this plan, and get the LG G4, as it seems to have the best camera of the three phones available for free. I am still debating whether I will keep the free phone or sell it and get something else for myself.

One other question, is the offering for 3 GB of data available by asking someone over chat?
Last edited by MrDisco on Apr 16th, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no referrals
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10603 posts
9743 upvotes
haybecky wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 12:14 pm
Hello, I'm new to RedFlagDeals. Thanks for the info on this phone plan! We are going to sign up for this plan, and get the LG G4, as it seems to have the best camera of the three phones available for free. I am still debating whether I will keep the free phone or sell it and get something else for myself.

One other question, is the offering for 3 GB of data available by asking someone over chat?
The current unadvertised promo is 3GB data + 400 CW minutes for $36 with 2 years contract and get a free phone. The phone account will go down b $10.42/m. It is not like Koodo tab which you have a payment for the phone every month. Zoomer is writing off the phone cost by $10.42/m.
Apr 23, 2003
364 posts
143 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
haybecky wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 12:14 pm

You can start online chat to ask about the unadvertised 3 GB promo, but you still have to call or they will call you to set everything up -- mind as well just phone them.

We -- assuming you are porting more than one phone number: make sure you sign up for separate accounts to take advantage of referral bonus. 1) activate one phone line $25 referral. 2) activate at second phone phone separately to earn $50 -- $25 for Line 1 and $25 for Line 2 (essentially referring your self). If you activate the 2nd line under the same account, you won't receive any bonus.

If you plan to keep the phone from Zoomer, consider the p10 Lite for $75 on the $36/3 GB plan. If you want a flagship phone for yourself, either the G4 or P10 Lite may have better resale value. However, look on kijiji or craigslist to see how much the phones are going for in your neck of the woods to determine which phone you should get -- J3 Prime, G4, GR5, P10 Lite, etc.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)