Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2021 1:42 pm
May 31, 2006
506 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Hi, I just wanted to ask a few questions as I am very new here. I currently have an iPhone 6 and I am with bringing mobile.

1. I plan on getting a Samsung s8 or s9 on the forums, can I use these phones with the $36 plan? I was hoping to just get the cheapest phone they have and then sell it to fund the s8/s9.

2. If I do get an s8 or s9 on the forums, is there anything specifically I need to look for in order for it to work with sooner wireless services?

Thanks!
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
turok_t wrote: Hi, I just wanted to ask a few questions as I am very new here. I currently have an iPhone 6 and I am with bringing mobile.

1. I plan on getting a Samsung s8 or s9 on the forums, can I use these phones with the $36 plan? I was hoping to just get the cheapest phone they have and then sell it to fund the s8/s9.

2. If I do get an s8 or s9 on the forums, is there anything specifically I need to look for in order for it to work with sooner wireless services?

Thanks!
Samsung s8 or s9 with work with all Canadian mobile network. You can use Samsung s8 or s9 with sooner wireless(I think you mean Zoomer wireless).
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
May 31, 2006
506 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Whoops! Yes, I meant sooner wireless. If I do look for an s8 or s9, do I specifically have to find one that is "unlocked"? Or can it be any s8/s9? Thanks!
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
turok_t wrote: Whoops! Yes, I meant sooner wireless. If I do look for an s8 or s9, do I specifically have to find one that is "unlocked"? Or can it be any s8/s9? Thanks!
Yes, you need an unlocked s8 or s9. S8/s9 locked to Rogers or Fido will work with Zoomer too.
All cellphone sold by Canadian carrier are unlocked unless you are buying second hand from Kijiji or eBay.
May 31, 2006
506 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the reply! Do you know roughly the cost of an S8/S9 that is sold sealed in box (I'm hesitant to buy one used) by members on the forum/other sites ? I just wanted to get an estimate to see what is a good price.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
turok_t wrote: Thanks for the reply! Do you know roughly the cost of an S8/S9 that is sold sealed in box (I'm hesitant to buy one used) by members on the forum/other sites ? I just wanted to get an estimate to see what is a good price.
Koodo
S8 is around $800
S9 is around $960

It will be expensive for the latest flagship phone.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2003
1321 posts
731 upvotes
Edmonton
turok_t wrote: Thanks for the reply! Do you know roughly the cost of an S8/S9 that is sold sealed in box (I'm hesitant to buy one used) by members on the forum/other sites ? I just wanted to get an estimate to see what is a good price.
Get the Samsung A8 for $350 when you sign up for the $36 plan.
Feb 22, 2013
163 posts
234 upvotes
Ottawa
If you can hold off until black friday you may find better deals - I picked up a BNIB sealed S8+ for $750 last year as koodo had a deal that allowed you to get one for around $652 so I paid extra for someone to go through all the loops for me. Got an unlock code directly from Samsung for it oddly enough. Works like a charm on Zoomer.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
2343 posts
433 upvotes
I signed up for one account a couple weeks ago. If I move another phone # to zoomer under my name also will I qualify for the referral bonus?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2223 posts
628 upvotes
GTA
56kbps wrote: This is a case of Zoomer giving an inch, and some people taking a mile. Pasting other peoples chat logs and insisting on an exception is a good way to get the exception completely shut down for everyone IMO.
I would rather they shut down for everyone than just randomly making an exception. Not that I am agreeing what big 3 are doing, but they have to pick one either they stick to their rulebook (which is great because it is fair) or follow the big 3 game where they are fairly lenient on some bonus and can propose alternative. Otherwise, what's the point of loyalty bonus? Should we rename it as exception bonus? When they make an exception, they should be well aware that people would likely share their experience to at least their frds and families, if not the internet. In fact that's how RFD works in general. The only rule is you don't mention you heard from RFD.
Last edited by kwanyeung20 on Oct 10th, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
bellboy26 wrote: I signed up for one account a couple weeks ago. If I move another phone # to zoomer under my name also will I qualify for the referral bonus?
No. You need to create another account with credit check again.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2223 posts
628 upvotes
GTA
bellboy26 wrote: I signed up for one account a couple weeks ago. If I move another phone # to zoomer under my name also will I qualify for the referral bonus?
Opening another line under the same account would not qualify for the referral afaik. I have talked to them b4 and they say credit check must be done to get the referral bonus.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20459 upvotes
kwanyeung20 wrote: I would rather they shut down for everyone than just randomly making an exception. Not that I am agreeing what big 3 are doing, but they have to pick one either they stick to their rulebook (which is great because it is fair) or follow the big 3 game where they are fairly lenient on some bonus and can propose alternative. Otherwise, what's the point of loyalty bonus? Should we rename it as exception bonus? When they make an exception, they should be well aware that people would likely share their experience to at least their frds and families, if not the internet. In fact that's how RFD works in general. The only rule is you don't mention you heard from RFD.
Sometimes the problem with a rigid policy doesn't work out the best for the company or the customer. In my case, I wanted to stay with Zoomer provided they switch me to the 3GB deal without having to pay the device balance. I was okay with them resetting the 24 month clock as long as I did not have to pay huge ransom for the LG G4. They would not budge one bit even after telling them that I would leave if I paid off the device balance. I told them that I had access to a $40/6GB plan and that it made total sense for me to pay $4 more per month for 4GB extra data. Since I didn't need that much data, I would settle for $36/3GB. Fast forward to today, they would have given me 4GB without unwinding the device balance due to overwhelming competitive pressures. Since I have left with a sour taste, I am not coming back unless they stop pricing garbage phones at inflated pricing. In the end there were losers on both sides due to an inflexible policy. I suppose the only winners are those who don't like to negotiate and want the every day low price.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2223 posts
628 upvotes
GTA
will888 wrote: Sometimes the problem with a rigid policy doesn't work out the best for the company or the customer. In my case, I wanted to stay with Zoomer provided they switch me to the 3GB deal without having to pay the device balance. I was okay with them resetting the 24 month clock as long as I did not have to pay huge ransom for the LG G4. They would not budge one bit even after telling them that I would leave if I paid off the device balance. I told them that I had access to a $40/6GB plan and that it made total sense for me to pay $4 more per month for 4GB extra data. Since I didn't need that much data, I would settle for $36/3GB. Fast forward to today, they would have given me 4GB without unwinding the device balance due to overwhelming competitive pressures. Since I have left with a sour taste, I am not coming back unless they stop pricing garbage phones at inflated pricing. In the end there were losers on both sides due to an inflexible policy. I suppose the only winners are those who don't like to negotiate and want the every day low price.
o yeah I agree they should be less "stubborn" in some situations, but this loyalty thing makes no sense to make an exception randomly. We all signed up a 2yrs contract, same plan. Why am I suddenly treated like a second-class customer? (a bit exaggerated but that's the idea) They made an exception to one customer but they pissed off many more customers that they refused to do so later on. This totally ruined the ideal experience for me and I would not hesitate to leave if I find better deals. They are stepping into a wrong direction in terms of flexbility. Your case is different and sounds perfectly valid for them to do you a favour because you are extending the contract which is a win win for both parties.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
I agree that Zoomer drops the ball on how they handle the 3GB plan.

First mistake:
They don't have the loyalty plan to match the 3GB plan. The subscribers, who still have the 2 years contract, need to break the contract before getting the $36 3GB plan.

Second mistake:
They created the $40.5 loyalty plan with 3GB data. Their loyal customer had to pay extra $4.50 in order to get the extra 1GB data. At this point, I was looking for another provider for the high data demand phone number.

By the time they realized that loyal subscribers were leaving and the new activation for the 3GB plan is slowing down, they gave away extra 2GB data. By then, it is too little too late, I already switched one of my Zoomer number to Public Mobile(PM) $45 6GB plan (Currently, I am paying less than $30 after PM rewards for my PM 6GB plan).

Will I move this number back to Zoomer? Not ATM because I pay less and get more data.
Will I keep this number with Zoomer if they offer the $36 4GB loyalty plan 3 weeks earlier? Yes, I will.
When people have choice, people will leave.
Nov 7, 2010
61 posts
280 upvotes
I feel like all of the cell companies out there are playing these games. I was lucky enough to be one of the few that got the loyalty plan early (only a few weeks). My issue is with the other guys though. I have a line with koodo and I cant get a reasonable plan from them no matter what I do. I even point out they are bringing people in off the street for a migration offer 8g for $40 plus $180 in bill credits plus A8 phones for 0 on tab small (bestbuy at the start of september) and they just tell me that was a special and I cant have it. If Im being honest, Id rather deal with a company I know has pretty strict rules about what happens with the odd SMALL exception that gets by than with a company with huge differences in plans which favours new recruits over loyal customers. Thats just my opinion for what its worth:/
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20459 upvotes
Penoo wrote: I feel like all of the cell companies out there are playing these games. I was lucky enough to be one of the few that got the loyalty plan early (only a few weeks). My issue is with the other guys though. I have a line with koodo and I cant get a reasonable plan from them no matter what I do. I even point out they are bringing people in off the street for a migration offer 8g for $40 plus $180 in bill credits plus A8 phones for 0 on tab small (bestbuy at the start of september) and they just tell me that was a special and I cant have it. If Im being honest, Id rather deal with a company I know has pretty strict rules about what happens with the odd SMALL exception that gets by than with a company with huge differences in plans which favours new recruits over loyal customers. Thats just my opinion for what its worth:/
Ditch Koodo, go to Public Mobile and play the migration lottery. Don't get mad, get even.
Nov 23, 2015
907 posts
595 upvotes
kwanyeung20 wrote: I would rather they shut down for everyone than just randomly making an exception.
Sounds like you'll probably get your wish. Although that is an oddly childish way of looking at it... "If I can't have the candy, I don't want ANYONE to have the candy!!!!"
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20459 upvotes
56kbps wrote: Sounds like you'll probably get your wish. Although that is an oddly childish way of looking at it... "If I can't have the candy, I don't want ANYONE to have the candy!!!!"
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one... Selfishness defies logic.
Nov 7, 2010
61 posts
280 upvotes
will888 wrote: Ditch Koodo, go to Public Mobile and play the migration lottery. Don't get mad, get even.
Not mad at all. I just dont understand the logic of companies and it isnt just phone but banks and many others. Lets give out massive bonuses and goodies to new customers and screw the loyal customers who have brought us to where we are. It seems like it is stupid to stay loyal to any one company because they dont care about you until you are gone.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)