Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 4GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2020 5:28 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2030 posts
486 upvotes
Ottawa
just realized i can pay zoomer's bill using rogers WE credit card cash back. That's pretty great
Oct 6, 2004
273 posts
66 upvotes
kwanyeung20 wrote: just realized i can pay zoomer's bill using rogers WE credit card cash back. That's pretty great
Really? That's good to know.
May 8, 2013
55 posts
11 upvotes
I am extremely unimpressed with Zoomer right now. After no fewer than 8 automated emails over a week, each promising a response, I finally got one that just said to call them. OK, I called them. I first spoke to a Dean, who was initially sympathetic to my concerns, but after speaking to a supervisor became quite uncooperative. When I would not back down he put me on hold and never came back. So I called back and spoke to a Mark. After taking my info he also put me on hold, and I was immediately cut off. I took the precaution of giving him a number to call me on, and - to his credit - he did call some time later. After several breaks to consult with a supervisor, we too reached an impasse. The weighty matter - the use or otherwise of bubble wrap! - has been escalated to someone important enough to not work weekends. Sheesh.
9613019 wrote: Online chat.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3248 posts
1296 upvotes
Toronto
dealux wrote: I am extremely unimpressed with Zoomer right now. After no fewer than 8 automated emails over a week, each promising a response, I finally got one that just said to call them. OK, I called them. I first spoke to a Dean, who was initially sympathetic to my concerns, but after speaking to a supervisor became quite uncooperative. When I would not back down he put me on hold and never came back. So I called back and spoke to a Mark. After taking my info he also put me on hold, and I was immediately cut off. I took the precaution of giving him a number to call me on, and - to his credit - he did call some time later. After several breaks to consult with a supervisor, we too reached an impasse. The weighty matter - the use or otherwise of bubble wrap! - has been escalated to someone important enough to not work weekends. Sheesh.
Did you request a replacement or just make a complaint? If you are not fully satisfied with them, it is better to cancel it within 30 days.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
May 8, 2013
55 posts
11 upvotes
9613019 wrote: Did you request a replacement or just make a complaint? If you are not fully satisfied with them, it is better to cancel it within 30 days.
It was already after 30 days when the first phone died. They seem willing to send me another replacement phone, but refuse to do anything but ship it unprotected and rattling around inside an oversized box again. I have told them I will not accept any phone shipped like that. Any major courier company will tell you that it is no way to ship electronics! I can't fathom why they are so resistant. All I am asking is for a few cents worth of bubble wrap!!
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19248 posts
7344 upvotes
Toronto
dealux wrote: It was already after 30 days when the first phone died. They seem willing to send me another replacement phone, but refuse to do anything but ship it unprotected and rattling around inside an oversized box again. I have told them I will not accept any phone shipped like that. Any major courier company will tell you that it is no way to ship electronics! I can't fathom why they are so resistant. All I am asking is for a few cents worth of bubble wrap!!
What I found really annoying about Zoomer is this type of inflexibility to accommodate even a small change from what they normally do. It's for this reason, I paid off the overpriced phone tab and left in a hurry.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB, $28 RBC 5GB promo
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $10/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3248 posts
1296 upvotes
Toronto
dealux wrote: It was already after 30 days when the first phone died. They seem willing to send me another replacement phone, but refuse to do anything but ship it unprotected and rattling around inside an oversized box again. I have told them I will not accept any phone shipped like that. Any major courier company will tell you that it is no way to ship electronics! I can't fathom why they are so resistant. All I am asking is for a few cents worth of bubble wrap!!
My guess is that the device might be shipped from a Rogers warehouse and Zoomer has no control of it. Not acceptable for me with shipping like this.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2030 posts
486 upvotes
Ottawa
was the initial dead phone shipped like that? If not, why they cannot do the same thing again?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8966 posts
1872 upvotes
Montreal, QC
All the cellphones I've received from Zoomer/Fido/Rogers were all loose in a box, granted they were in their original box, but refurbs phones with no box rattling around? lol
May 8, 2013
55 posts
11 upvotes
kwanyeung20 wrote: was the initial dead phone shipped like that? If not, why they cannot do the same thing again?
Initial phone was new in manufacturer packaging. Replacement phone was a "naked" refurb just bouncing around inside the brown shipping box.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1401 posts
1078 upvotes
dealux wrote: Initial phone was new in manufacturer packaging. Replacement phone was a "naked" refurb just bouncing around inside the brown shipping box.
just tell them it's not working.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
12603 posts
2609 upvotes
my friends r new comers who just landed last week and no credit in Canada..do you think they will let him open acc?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2659 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto
kwanyeung20 wrote: just realized i can pay zoomer's bill using rogers WE credit card cash back. That's pretty great
If this is the case, how did you find out? Is this done online? How difficult is the process in redeeming points?

I don't have the credit card and am thinking of getting it. Thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2030 posts
486 upvotes
Ottawa
pipolchap wrote: If this is the case, how did you find out? Is this done online? How difficult is the process in redeeming points?

I don't have the credit card and am thinking of getting it. Thanks
it's automatic. You just use your Rogers WE credit card for auto payment and the points are redeemed automatically if you have any. no hassle no question.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)