Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2021 1:42 pm
Feb 1, 2017
500 posts
842 upvotes
I get way more robo calls then I've ever gotten with other carriers as well. I'm gonna just deal with it for another year and see what the market holds next fall when my contract will be nearly 0$.
May 22, 2015
289 posts
176 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
Hi guys

I ended up porting out of zoomer. I haven't done so in a while. Just curious. I was charged a full month when I ported out August 1st and billing cycle starts July 28th. Shouldn't this total be prorated for three days or so instead of being charged a whole month.

I also have to call in because they charged me for two p20 lites even though I only had one. The person I originally called assured me it was fixed and it's not. Basically when I ported my number in they have two numbers on the account now and have me owing two device balances.

Anyone else with these problems? Or advice?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2837 posts
1912 upvotes
YVR
Customer Service probably your only and best option. They usually have some pretty helpful agents though compared to the big 3
Dec 9, 2010
500 posts
92 upvotes
phillipsbluebuck wrote: Hi guys

I ended up porting out of zoomer. I haven't done so in a while. Just curious. I was charged a full month when I ported out August 1st and billing cycle starts July 28th. Shouldn't this total be prorated for three days or so instead of being charged a whole month.

I also have to call in because they charged me for two p20 lites even though I only had one. The person I originally called assured me it was fixed and it's not. Basically when I ported my number in they have two numbers on the account now and have me owing two device balances.

Anyone else with these problems? Or advice?
What company/plan did you change to?
May 22, 2015
289 posts
176 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
dee88 wrote: What company/plan did you change to?
Did the Koodo plan for Quebec with the self checkout to get the $65 15gb plan in BC. My area in Coquitlam has bad reception. People were complaining about not hearing me and dropped calls. I'd have 1 bar throuhhout my house for Rogers network. With Telus I only have 2 bars in the top floor. But now I have VoLte and wifi calling which helps a ton. I was on the $45 6gb plan. $20 for 9gb isn't good but I couldn't be with zoomer anymore with the connection problems.
Feb 1, 2017
500 posts
842 upvotes
So is it impossible to get wifi calling with zoomer? I was hoping my getting a Note10+ would finally get me access to it, but now I'm thinking I'm just screwed. Might have to bite the bullet and pay the 1 year of 2 penalty to leave them if I can;t get wifi calling somehow, as I have the same horrible service problem at my house.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2008
1753 posts
1902 upvotes
How many does the $36 plan come with?

Edit: thanks for the PMs.
Last edited by DanP on Aug 20th, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
DanP wrote: How many does the $36 plan come with?
2 years contract with a free phone: $36 plan 400 CW minutes + unlimited after 6pm and weekend + unlimited international text + 4GB data.
No contract, month-to-month : $36 plan 200 CW minutes + unlimited after 6pm and weekend + unlimited international text + 500MB data.
After 6 months, with or without contract, you can switch to unlimited CW minutes + unlimited international text + 4GB data
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4612 posts
9049 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
embguy wrote: 2 years contract with a free phone: $36 plan 400 CW minutes + unlimited after 6pm and weekend + unlimited international text + 4GB data.
No contract, month-to-month : $36 plan 200 CW minutes + unlimited after 6pm and weekend + unlimited international text + 500MB data.
After 6 months, with or without contract, you can switch to unlimited CW minutes + unlimited international text + 4GB data
as for phones, I think the Pixel 3 is not for this plan right? Requires a $40 plan??

what phones are eligible on the $36 plan?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
raskal wrote: as for phones, I think the Pixel 3 is not for this plan right? Requires a $40 plan??

what phones are eligible on the $36 plan?
10% off the $40 plan is $36.
Yes, you cannot get $0 for the Pixel 3. You need to pay a higher down payment with the $36 plan.
Look for phones on Zoomer website for $0 for the $40 plan.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4612 posts
9049 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
has anyone inquired how much the Pixel 3 would be on a $36 plan?

I'm just curious,... not curious enough to ask them myself though :D
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
raskal wrote: has anyone inquired how much the Pixel 3 would be on a $36 plan?

I'm just curious,... not curious enough to ask them myself though :D
Use their website to find out the down payment by add a Pixel 3 phone to the $40 plan($36 after 10% off)
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4612 posts
9049 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
embguy wrote: Use their website to find out the down payment by add a Pixel 3 phone to the $40 plan($36 after 10% off)
dude!! ... did you not read how I said I'm being lazy??

fine ... grumble mumble...

$700 for a Pixel 3 on the $40 plan is what's on their website.

$600 from Google right now with no contract
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
raskal wrote: dude!! ... did you not read how I said I'm being lazy??

fine ... grumble mumble...

$700 for a Pixel 3 on the $40 plan is what's on their website.

$600 from Google right now with no contract
Zoomer is know to inflate phone price to lock you in for 2 years.
This is how Rogers makes the money.
You can get the huawei P20 Lite and sell it for $150 - $200 to lower your Pixel 3 price,
Oct 4, 2016
4 posts
3 upvotes
Any guesses about deals we may see on Black Friday/Boxing day?

My plan is up in December and I reallllllly want to snag a Pixel 3a for cheap and get the hell outta Apple's ecosystem
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2089 posts
1562 upvotes
Currently on $36 4GB loyalty plan, looking to sign another 2 year contract to get a phone to sell.

Looks like the best $0 phone is the Huawei P20 Lite? It is $500 no term on the Zoomer website. The Samsung Galaxy J3 is only $250 no term.
Nov 23, 2014
445 posts
229 upvotes
Surrey, BC
shayne85 wrote: Currently on $36 4GB loyalty plan, looking to sign another 2 year contract to get a phone to sell.

Looks like the best $0 phone is the Huawei P20 Lite? It is $500 no term on the Zoomer website. The Samsung Galaxy J3 is only $250 no term.
Less about what phone ought to be worth more and more about what phone is worth more in your area.

Check your local Kijiji/Craigslist listings and make the appropriate decision :P
Apr 23, 2003
663 posts
400 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
kanucks25 wrote: Less about what phone ought to be worth more and more about what phone is worth more in your area.

Check your local Kijiji/Craigslist listings and make the appropriate decision :P
Now that Koodo has closed the loophole for churning phones, I would wait about two weeks or so for things to filter through and think about which phones will fetch the best price in your area. Then decide if it is worth it to sell or pay the appropriate amount for a descent phone (eg: P3a for $360 on the $36 plan).

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)