Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 4GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2018 4:59 pm
Aug 30, 2007
242 posts
53 upvotes
Moved my daughter to it. No complaints. Support has been great
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
1994 posts
53 upvotes
The J3 says it needs a $40 min per month to be free. This plan is only $36.

Why isnt the deal on their website?
Aug 30, 2007
242 posts
53 upvotes
bellboy26 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 5:03 am

They apply the phone to the non-discounted price.

In Canada, don't rock the boat with published plans...
Jun 19, 2009
844 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
Bah I was worried it wouldn't come back until for a while and ended my contract with Telus 3 months early just to hop over to Zoomer last month! I was still able to get G4 last month so selling that covered my remaining balance with Telus. Oh well, still happy with my decision. I do notice Rogers signal not being as strong as Telus (visually via the symbols and signal strength numbers) but it's not too bad at all and hasn't caused me any grief through actual usage.
2017 RFD Damage:
Zoomer Wireless - 2 year $36/month for 2GB LTE
Lenovo Yogabook Android - $330 + tax
Jan 6, 2010
738 posts
69 upvotes
Zoomer uses Rogers network then right? No major issues with the wireless network like FM?
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
1614 posts
534 upvotes
GTA
bellboy26 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 5:03 am

You are actually signing up with the $40 plan with the promo which is 10% off =$36.
Any questions, ask and there are lots of people who can answer most if not all questions.
¸

- - - - -
Koodo * Public Mobile,
Zoomer wireless, and
Rogers accounts
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
1614 posts
534 upvotes
GTA
Soorma wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 6:33 am
Zoomer uses Rogers network then right? No major issues with the wireless network like FM?
That's correct. I dumped FM (Wind way back when) looooong time ago
¸

- - - - -
Koodo * Public Mobile,
Zoomer wireless, and
Rogers accounts
May 19, 2015
571 posts
186 upvotes
Soorma wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 6:33 am
Not an issue at all. The funny thing is, I have better service now than I did a year ago with FIDO. Same subsidiary to Rogers as Zoomer but better penetration in lower levels some how *shurg*
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone

Thumbs up if this post helped you 👍🏻☺️
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1047 posts
507 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm been with zoomer for years,. It's a great deal for people who don't need too much data. There's also a loyalty plan you can switch to in 6 months that will give you unlimited nationwide calling on top.
Jan 26, 2010
748 posts
466 upvotes
Milton
Got the $45 promo back in August with the A5. Had some issues with receiving texts but it turned out to be the A5, and got it sorted out. Planning to switch to the $36 loyalty when the time comes.
Nov 14, 2003
193 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
PapaQBear wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 8:31 am
Got the $45 promo back in August with the A5. Had some issues with receiving texts but it turned out to be the A5, and got it sorted out. Planning to switch to the $36 loyalty when the time comes.
If you switch to a lower value plan, you will have to pay off the A5. You can switch to the $45 loyalty plan.
Nevertheless, if Zoomer covers your data needs, they are a great company, a great deal. I'm happy with my plan, as are the family members I referred.
May 31, 2011
63 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Switched over to Zoomer in December and switched my mom over too.

So far, very impressed with the customer service and call quality/coverage.
I'll have to monitor my daytime minute usage for the next 5 months, but once I'm on the loyalty plan, it'll be golden!

Sold the LG G4 for $220 and using my own Note 5 with no problems.

Gotta love RFD for these great finds!
Nov 23, 2017
7 posts
1 upvote
What about VoLTE (HD voice) or LTE+ on Zoomer? Do they have it?
Last time I checked they didnt have it.
Nov 17, 2003
455 posts
40 upvotes
Wake me up with this goes non 2 year term. Makes zero sense that they make you sign up for 2 years AND give you a phone. Contractless plans should be CHEAPER not more expensive.

I'd sign up in a heartbeat if this was non-contract (yes I have chatted with them and they all say non-contract is the posted rates).

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

Mizinator, 9613019