Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 4GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2019 11:30 am
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8537 posts
1630 upvotes
Montreal, QC
phillipsbluebuck wrote:
Dec 11th, 2018 2:19 pm
I just called. Asked for the $36 unlimited 4gb loyalty. She denied it existed and only offered the $40.50 4gb unlimited calling plan. Had to ask for a manager and state where I saw the details (redflagdeals). Finally, she came back and said it magically existed again. Unfortunate, this is the second time I had to fight for my plan. Earlier I was able to get the 4gb before being loyalty, but they only offered for a select few at the time. Not liking the discrepancies. Seem to be testing people if they'll give in and take a lower plan. Shame

Ended up signing up on the $40.50 unlimited calling 5gb plan
I think with the influx of new clients, they had to hire new agents which doesn't seems as knowledgable.
Also keep in mind that those agents are cityfone agents and some may not know about all the details for each of the sub brands
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
5169 posts
2663 upvotes
Toronto
Called Wednesday night and asked about the $36 unlimited 4gb plan.... got it with no issues, with an LG G5
Received my phone yesterday afternoon!! :)

Customer service is amazing,... not only when I signed up for the plan, but also yesterday when I called back to ask a technical question; with other companies, they will gladly assist you until they get you signed up and then you have lots of issues trying to talk to them after they got your money.... this is not the case with Zoomer

Thanks, OP!!
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Aug 21, 2014
42 posts
41 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
When you say $36 unlimited 4 GB plan do you mean you received the plan with unlimited minutes rather than the 400 for $36? Are you a new customer or are you an existing client given a loyalty plan?
Dec 8, 2015
26 posts
1 upvote
East York, ON
I also got the $36 unlimited 4 GB plan, only because I was an existing client. Windfan, you can call in after 6 months to a year and ask the csr if they will give the unlimited calls to you.
Nov 23, 2015
580 posts
280 upvotes
Winnipeg
Anyone receive the G5 yet? How's it working so far?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
5169 posts
2663 upvotes
Toronto
windfan wrote:
Dec 14th, 2018 8:45 am
When you say $36 unlimited 4 GB plan do you mean you received the plan with unlimited minutes rather than the 400 for $36? Are you a new customer or are you an existing client given a loyalty plan?
Completely new customer here.
Unlimited evenings and weekends... other than that, you have 400 minutes on weekdays during the day
Unlimited text messages Canada and International
4GB plan

All for $36 plus taxes.... nothing more, at all.

LG G5 looks very good, but I'll be selling it because I'm using my own device
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Jul 15, 2008
810 posts
135 upvotes
Edge
I thought after 6 months they give you additional 2GB, that would make a total of 5GB and unlimited call and txt for loyalty ?
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2997 posts
624 upvotes
Toronto
signup wrote:
Dec 14th, 2018 5:12 pm
I thought after 6 months they give you additional 2GB, that would make a total of 5GB and unlimited call and txt for loyalty ?
They will give you 2GB if you still have the 2GB plan. If you got 3GB, they will only add 1GB. 4GB is the max currently for $36 plan
Sep 13, 2007
178 posts
112 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
Daijoubu wrote:
Dec 11th, 2018 2:48 pm
I think with the influx of new clients, they had to hire new agents which doesn't seems as knowledgable.
Also keep in mind that those agents are cityfone agents and some may not know about all the details for each of the sub brands
This just happened to me as well....I had to basically tell him the plan existed for loyalty customers with unlimited features and 4gb (at first he said you either get 4gb and 400 minutes, or unlimited minutes and 2gb)....after a few minutes all was well and should have a G5 en route
May 22, 2015
193 posts
69 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
Daijoubu wrote:
Dec 11th, 2018 2:48 pm
I agree but considering this is still rogers basically I am unsure. After years with rogers retention I have enough experience and patience. It would take me 3-4 calls at 2 hours minimum to get different offers from different reps. People says it's not offered to people offering me the world. It seems more like a deny first tactics then come back and agree. If the person just says whatever and signs up, it's a win for them. Ultimately, no one is going to leave because they're under contract with a device balance from a not so good phone. But I wonder how many people they turn away from this deal. I see one person from rfd just post the same issue.

Also keep in mind this is the second time this has happened to me in a 3 month period
Dec 15, 2015
6 posts
3 upvotes
Coquitlam
56kbps wrote:
Dec 14th, 2018 2:53 pm
Anyone receive the G5 yet? How's it working so far?
I received mine. It works well and comes with some apps pre-installed (like Facebook, Instagram). The camera is great, love the wide angle lens. One thing I did notice was that the phone starts to feel hot after using it for a while. I think it’s a great backup phone to have.
Dec 1, 2017
80 posts
61 upvotes
RaptorsLeafsBlueJays…
phillipsbluebuck wrote:
Dec 11th, 2018 2:19 pm
I just called. Asked for the $36 unlimited 4gb loyalty. She denied it existed and only offered the $40.50 4gb unlimited calling plan. Had to ask for a manager and state where I saw the details (redflagdeals). Finally, she came back and said it magically existed again. Unfortunate, this is the second time I had to fight for my plan. Earlier I was able to get the 4gb before being loyalty, but they only offered for a select few at the time. Not liking the discrepancies. Seem to be testing people if they'll give in and take a lower plan. Shame

Ended up signing up on the $40.50 unlimited calling 5gb plan
Wait, what? How'd you get 5GB with the $40.50 plan? I referred someone two weeks ago and they chose the $40.50 plan but which only has 4GB. I should inform my referral to call them back and ask about 5GB.
Do or do not. There is no try. --Yoda
Triumph starts with a "try" and ends with an... "OOMPH!" --Memphis and Mumble
Oct 3, 2016
17 posts
7 upvotes
MercHuntIsle wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 5:50 am
Wait, what? How'd you get 5GB with the $40.50 plan? I referred someone two weeks ago and they chose the $40.50 plan but which only has 4GB. I should inform my referral to call them back and ask about 5GB.
I think Zoomer offers $40.5 5GB as a loyalty plan only.
Dec 1, 2017
80 posts
61 upvotes
RaptorsLeafsBlueJays…
MercHuntIsle wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 5:50 am

96130191 wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 2:57 pm
I think Zoomer offers $40.5 5GB as a loyalty plan only.
Can @phillipsbluebuck confirm this $40.5 5GB is only with loyalty plan?
Do or do not. There is no try. --Yoda
Triumph starts with a "try" and ends with an... "OOMPH!" --Memphis and Mumble

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

raskal