Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 4GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2020 10:34 am
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 28, 2005
5623 posts
922 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
I found this with google, dated May 2018
Probably still available

In the latest Zoomer mag, they had this Talk & Text plan for $22.50/month:
-- 300 Canada-wide minutes, unlimited evening and weekends
-- unlimited text messages
-- free Samsung Galaxy J1, on a 2 year term. ($150 no term...which is overvalued!)
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
2875 posts
2891 upvotes
GTA
embguy wrote: - Watch for PM to Koodo lottery $35/5GB if Koodo offers it again.
Do you have anymore information about this? Link to deal/discussion?

I'm with Koodo right now, but it's time for a new plan. I've been happy with them, so I'll give them the chance to price match this Zoomer plan, or I'll ask about this one from them you mentioned.
Member
May 17, 2005
287 posts
31 upvotes
Richmond Hill
For 36 a month including device, it's a great deal. Is this with a referral code or without? I'm looking for a plan for someone who doesn't care about which phone he gets but needs a bit of data and Canada wide calls.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3248 posts
1296 upvotes
Toronto
izzybear wrote: For 36 a month including device, it's a great deal. Is this with a referral code or without? I'm looking for a plan for someone who doesn't care about which phone he gets but needs a bit of data and Canada wide calls.
Referral credit is a one time credit of $50 (or $25 if they do not have promotion). It has nothing to do with the plan cost.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Member
May 17, 2005
287 posts
31 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Right now they are offering 40.25 per month and the phone is a samsung galaxy a5. Is that an okay phone compared to my LG G6?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3248 posts
1296 upvotes
Toronto
izzybear wrote: Right now they are offering 40.25 per month and the phone is a samsung galaxy a5. Is that an okay phone compared to my LG G6?
It should be $40.5/month. Overall, G6 is much better than A5.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Member
May 17, 2005
287 posts
31 upvotes
Richmond Hill
9613019 wrote: It should be $40.5/month. Overall, G6 is much better than A5.
Would it be better to buy another G6 instead on Kijiji and get this plan BYOD?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3248 posts
1296 upvotes
Toronto
izzybear wrote: Would it be better to buy another G6 instead on Kijiji and get this plan BYOD?
You cannot get this plan as BYOD. You can just get a G5 with the $36 plan and then sell it on Kijiji.

To get a new phone, you can always check Koodo deals on RFD.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Member
May 17, 2005
287 posts
31 upvotes
Richmond Hill
9613019 wrote: You cannot get this plan as BYOD. You can just get a G5 with the $36 plan and then sell it on Kijiji.

To get a new phone, you can always check Koodo deals on RFD.
So with this plan, after 6 months, it will be $36 a month but only if I get a G5 not a Galaxy A5?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3248 posts
1296 upvotes
Toronto
izzybear wrote: So with this plan, after 6 months, it will be $36 a month but only if I get a G5 not a Galaxy A5?
After 6 months, you can contact them to get a loyalty plan. If you get a free A5 with the $40.5 plan, then your loyalty plan has to be at least $40.5. If you get the A5 with the $36 plan plus upfront cost, then you can switch to the $36 loyalty plan.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Jr. Member
May 2, 2015
111 posts
102 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Just contacted them. They have an unlimited calling with 4GB plan (if 400 minutes isn’t enough) for 40.50.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3248 posts
1296 upvotes
Toronto
wwhchung wrote: Just contacted them. They have an unlimited calling with 4GB plan (if 400 minutes isn’t enough) for 40.50.
If I remember correctly, the $40.5 plan was 500 minutes with unlimited incoming calls. Maybe they have just changed the plan.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11068 posts
10110 upvotes
wwhchung wrote: Just contacted them. They have an unlimited calling with 4GB plan (if 400 minutes isn’t enough) for 40.50.
Not unlimited calling.
The $40.5 plan has only unlimited incoming minutes. It is not the same as unlimited calling as you need to tell the person you want to talk to to call you.
Just to point this out before people getting charge for minutes overage.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $10 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

DTOM