Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2021 1:42 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2798 posts
1641 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
kav2001c wrote: Why would you want to cancel?

Your subsidy will decrease if you stay on the carrier for a while
Changing circumstances.
In my case (I mentioned this earlier), my goal with Zoomer always was to move to the 5GB loyalty plan. I thought that plan was a great value and met my needs. The 2GB plan was a means to an end, since you can't get the 5GB plan right away.

And then the $60/10GB plans came around in December. I never foresaw such plans being available in Ontario. It was a game changer for me. $54 for 5GB vs $60 for 10GB? It's a very easy choice.. and Zoomer had no response to those plans. They offered nothing. So that's why I cancelled.
This space for rent.
Nov 16, 2007
165 posts
41 upvotes
London
TheImp wrote: Changing circumstances.
In my case (I mentioned this earlier), my goal with Zoomer always was to move to the 5GB loyalty plan. I thought that plan was a great value and met my needs. The 2GB plan was a means to an end, since you can't get the 5GB plan right away.

And then the $60/10GB plans came around in December. I never foresaw such plans being available in Ontario. It was a game changer for me. $54 for 5GB vs $60 for 10GB? It's a very easy choice.. and Zoomer had no response to those plans. They offered nothing. So that's why I cancelled.
Did you not have this same rant in the last Zoomer thread that was posted in November.

For those looking for yet another positive take on Zoomer, I've been with them since that November thread, no issues whatsoever.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2798 posts
1641 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
oFlash0 wrote: Did you not have this same rant in the last Zoomer thread that was posted in November.

For those looking for yet another positive take on Zoomer, I've been with them since that November thread, no issues whatsoever.
New thread, same info may be useful for anyone considering signing up now.
This space for rent.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29540 posts
20458 upvotes
I have a Zoomer account that is a month away from reaching the 6 month mark. Do I have any chance of converting to the 3GB plan at the 6 month mark? I don't want to trigger a device balance payment. It is a travesty having to pay anything for a LG G4.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
will888 wrote: I have a Zoomer account that is a month away from reaching the 6 month mark. Do I have any chance of converting to the 3GB plan at the 6 month mark? I don't want to trigger a device balance payment. It is a travesty having to pay anything for a LG G4.
Are you already on the $36 2GB plan?
Dec 5, 2011
46 posts
72 upvotes
London
Im very interested in this plan.Currently I am with 7/11 Speakout pay as you go. I have about $80 left in my account and expires in early
September. If I jump on this plan and port number-I assume Ill be losing all my "banked minutes" on my speakout phone?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
stinkhammer wrote: Im very interested in this plan.Currently I am with 7/11 Speakout pay as you go. I have about $80 left in my account and expires in early
September. If I jump on this plan and port number-I assume Ill be losing all my "banked minutes" on my speakout phone?
I believe so.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
stinkhammer wrote: Im very interested in this plan.Currently I am with 7/11 Speakout pay as you go. I have about $80 left in my account and expires in early
Yes, you will lose your money in your Speakout account. Maybe you can wait until Zoomer has another promotion or use up your money with extra data package. Can you use your fund to buy SO's cheapest phone and sell it to recover some cost?
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Dec 5, 2011
46 posts
72 upvotes
London
Unfortunately, the lowest price phone speakout offers is an $80 FiGO Virtue III. I think I would have a hard time selling that. How often does Zoomer offer these promos? I am assuming 3gb for $36 wont come around very often . I may just let my 12 yo daughter use old phone for emergencies. (Though its hard enough to get her outside and off her other electronics)
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
stinkhammer wrote: Unfortunately, the lowest price phone speakout offers is an $80 FiGO Virtue III. I think I would have a hard time selling that. How often does Zoomer offer these promos? I am assuming 3gb for $36 wont come around very often . I may just let my 12 yo daughter use old phone for emergencies. (Though its hard enough to get her outside and off her other electronics)
This is the first time for $36/3GB, so it is hard to do the prediction.
Carry Tel Internet
Mar 18, 2018
5 posts
This seems very appealing, I've been looking around for deals on plans/phones for a while now. I'm a complete beginner when it comes to this though. I did read through the thread, but I'm still a little unsure about some things.

So if I'm interested in the plan but not the phone, I could just sell the phone and get another one somewhere else and use it with Zoomer?
Oct 10, 2012
275 posts
148 upvotes
jackrk wrote: This seems very appealing, I've been looking around for deals on plans/phones for a while now. I'm a complete beginner when it comes to this though. I did read through the thread, but I'm still a little unsure about some things.

So if I'm interested in the plan but not the phone, I could just sell the phone and get another one somewhere else and use it with Zoomer?
Yes especially now since all phones have to come unlocked you just put the zoomer sim in and off you go.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
jackrk wrote: This seems very appealing, I've been looking around for deals on plans/phones for a while now. I'm a complete beginner when it comes to this though. I did read through the thread, but I'm still a little unsure about some things.

RFDers with this plan sell the free phone to pay for inexpensive but GOOD phone from Koodo. e.g. I got a Samsung A5 $0 upfront $360 medium tab with 350k PCO points($350) at TMS 9 days ago. I am staying with Koodo for 91 days on $15/m seasonal hold with the self-referral $50 credit.
Last edited by embguy on Mar 19th, 2018 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto

One thing you need to know is the device balance if you do not stay for 2 years. For example, the popular GR5 and J3 for this plan all have $250 device balance.
Carry Tel Internet
Nov 23, 2014
445 posts
229 upvotes
Surrey, BC
I wish they had come out with this deal a few months prior.

I didn't want to switch out of Zoomer but I had to because they didn't have a 3GB plan at the time and I wasn't fond of the 4GB plan. :( This would have been perfect.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6371 posts
6733 upvotes
Center of Canada
I am on $36/2gb plan for 6 months, but will move to Koodo $40/6GB plan .
I happen to able to open an extra line (Turn 1PM line into 2 Koodo account), so I will port my Zoomer number over.
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
cheapshopper wrote: I am on $36/2gb plan for 6 months, but will move to Koodo $40/6GB plan .
I happen to able to open an extra line (Turn 1PM line into 2 Koodo account), so I will port my Zoomer number over.
$40/6GB is not for the general public, otherwise we would all be on it.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3970 posts
3749 upvotes
GVRD
Noopster159 wrote: I just received my SIM card today and phone today.

I plugged the sim card into my Iphone 6 calls and texts are working fine but data is not working at all.
I get the LTE sign at the top, but still no internet access.

I've tried the following:
Reset network settings
Reboot phone
Tried changing APN settings but theres no cellular data option (i think it's restricted by Zoomer's Sim card)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
iPhone is very lame about this, as most carrier restricts access the APN https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201699. However you can try plug it into an iTunes and do a full backup there and it should prompt for "carrier update".

If that doesn't work, do a full wipe and reset of the phone. Once you have iTunes restore from backup, it should prompt for carrier update.

I have an old Bell 5S that I had to do that in order to pick up the APN from Fido.
Sep 6, 2011
666 posts
219 upvotes
Oakville
got it, thanks!
Last edited by Ethanz on Mar 19th, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 20, 2007
138 posts
17 upvotes
Coquitlam
Have read through this long thread and wondering if there is much difference between the J1 & J3 phones. Currently my hubby &I have Moto G (3rd gen) & a Moto E. We're not that crazy about these phones so would the Samsungs offered be a significant improvement or should we see what other phones are available ? Don't really want to deal with selling phones etc and I don't see any other phones to choose from on their promo link. Also, should we get the shared plan or two separate plans?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)