Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 4GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2020 5:28 pm
Jun 14, 2017
89 posts
10 upvotes
driverso wrote: The unlock code also appears on your order summary shipped with the phone.
thank you i found it on the order summary
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19248 posts
7344 upvotes
Toronto
embguy wrote: Yes with paying off phone account balance and sign another 2 years contract with a free phone.

But couple of RFDers were able to get it without renewing contract and paying the phone account balance. YMMV
The YMMV is more like a lottery ticket win. I tried 6 times and failed each time. I used an example of an account that received the lucky upgrade as part of my argument. They ignored the physical evidence and simply played back the tape "we can only process the plan change if you break the contract and pay off the device balance" to me each and every time. I am done banging my head against this impenetrable brick wall. I am likely to bite to bullet, pay out the device balance and switch to Koodo. Lesson learned, never carry a device balance for a phone that is worth half the stated price.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
30453 posts
16315 upvotes
Ottawa
will888 wrote: The YMMV is more like a lottery ticket win. I tried 6 times and failed each time. I used an example of an account that received the lucky upgrade as part of my argument. They ignored the physical evidence and simply played back the tape "we can only process the plan change if you break the contract and pay off the device balance" to me each and every time. I am done banging my head against this impenetrable brick wall. I am likely to bite to bullet, pay out the device balance and switch to Koodo. Lesson learned, never carry a device balance for a phone that is worth half the stated price.
Or only sign up if the plan meets all of your needs!
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11081 posts
10117 upvotes
will888 wrote: The YMMV is more like a lottery ticket win. I tried 6 times and failed each time. I used an example of an account that received the lucky upgrade as part of my argument. They ignored the physical evidence and simply played back the tape "we can only process the plan change if you break the contract and pay off the device balance" to me each and every time. I am done banging my head against this impenetrable brick wall. I am likely to bite to bullet, pay out the device balance and switch to Koodo. Lesson learned, never carry a device balance for a phone that is worth half the stated price.
Cityfone is getting competitions from Big 3 - Even Rogers is offering $40/4GB and $20 unlimited CW talk and text plans (search RFD for the thread)
Cityfone is trying to attract new customers by upgrading their market plan(s) and at the same time alienated their existing customers.
It is a trend that Cityfone cannot overcome... Sooner or later, Cityfone may update the loyalty plans.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $10 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone
Oct 6, 2004
273 posts
66 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Or only sign up if the plan meets all of your needs!
Exactly. So many of the people here are like magpies attracted to shiny objects....(which is what marketing counts on). Either they are too dumb to anticipate their needs or, more likely, even if they don't need the extra lures being offered as a promos, just the fact that it is there makes them "feel" they need it and they feel entitled and outraged.
When I signed up for this $36 2GB deal, it fit my needs perfectly. I sold the LG G4 phone I got in a day for $140 and got referrals which also added savings. I still haven't gone over or even approached my quotas and although 3 GBs would be nice, I would probably be consciously looking for ways to use the extra data.....it certainly isn't worth breaking the contract for.
It seems one guy got this bonus added to his account before the company's strategy was laid out to employees and was lucky.
Last edited by joolsca on Mar 22nd, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8966 posts
1872 upvotes
Montreal, QC
bobbyg9 wrote: Gr5 is very slow. It's slower than my wife's moto g4 play... I would pock something else if I were you... also I get only half the bars of cell signal compared to the G4 play.
Something's wrong with your phone, G4 Play have half the cores lol

Chipset Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410
CPU Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53
GPU Adreno 306

vs

Chipset Qualcomm MSM8939v2 Snapdragon 616
CPU Octa-core (4x1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.5 GHz Cortex-A53)
GPU Adreno 405

Edit: Are you perhaps confusing it with the Y6? The GR5 is a mid-range phone from 2015, Y6 is an entry level phone
Feb 20, 2011
822 posts
252 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote: Something's wrong with your phone, G4 Play have half the cores lol

Chipset Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410
CPU Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53
GPU Adreno 306

vs

Chipset Qualcomm MSM8939v2 Snapdragon 616
CPU Octa-core (4x1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.5 GHz Cortex-A53)
GPU Adreno 405

Edit: Are you perhaps confusing it with the Y6? The GR5 is a mid-range phone from 2015, Y6 is an entry level phone
It's the phone zoomer sent I'm pretty sure it's a GR5. I think the problem is Huawei's UI that makes it slow. G4 Play has stock android and runs much smoother....
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2659 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto
Kijiji is flooded with J3 phones. Is this still the best for resale?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8966 posts
1872 upvotes
Montreal, QC
bobbyg9 wrote: It's the phone zoomer sent I'm pretty sure it's a GR5. I think the problem is Huawei's UI that makes it slow. G4 Play has stock android and runs much smoother....
Oh, if that's the case, the GR5 is supported by LineageOS

https://download.lineageos.org/kiwi
Penalty Box
Sep 6, 2011
1045 posts
1097 upvotes
pipolchap wrote: Kijiji is flooded with J3 phones. Is this still the best for resale?
The Doro phone. Sell it for $50 and you're out $50 at most compared to the other phones. Also keeps your payout tab low.
Sep 18, 2008
542 posts
89 upvotes
Woodbridge
buddshek wrote: I use Call Meter 3g. Keeps track of minutes, texts and data. Totally customization

Installed but could not understand how to customzie for 400 minutes/plus ev/wk+ 3gb data.

Too complicated. Maybe you can share your setup (there is a way to export/import settings)?
Sep 24, 2013
853 posts
562 upvotes
Ontario
erexa wrote: Installed but could not understand how to customzie for 400 minutes/plus ev/wk+ 3gb data.

Too complicated. Maybe you can share your setup (there is a way to export/import settings)?
I'll figure it out and PM you tomorrow.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19248 posts
7344 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote: Or only sign up if the plan meets all of your needs!
I thought it would be safe to stay with them for a while. I had no idea the Koodo migration offer would present it self and allow single accounts to split into multiples. Compared to $40 for 6GB, this $36 for 2GB plan looks pretty weak.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1918 posts
382 upvotes
Burlington
Are new activation getting 2gb or 3gb's on the $36? The promo link seems to say 2gb.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3248 posts
1296 upvotes
Toronto
budfrogs wrote: Are new activation getting 2gb or 3gb's on the $36? The promo link seems to say 2gb.
3GB. You need to contact them to get it.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)