Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2021 1:42 pm
Jul 14, 2013
282 posts
138 upvotes
Red & White Flag…
Roughly how long does the shipping take (to Toronto)? I'm hoping to minimize potential service interruptions when I call in end of April to early May.
If it's not free, it's too expensive...
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
zjhehe wrote: Roughly how long does the shipping take (to Toronto)? I'm hoping to minimize potential service interruptions when I call in end of April to early May.
It depends. Usually within 1 week, but may take longer if they receive a lot of orders.

The current promotion will end on April 30, so calling in by month end might be your best option.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
6145 posts
3617 upvotes
Toronto
Has anybody tried figuring out if their phones will be getting the new emergency/amber alerts?
They say to check at alertready.ca but when you do, Zoomer or Cityphone are not on the list. That leaves Robbers as the next viable option.
Apr 8, 2006
254 posts
133 upvotes
ROYinTO wrote: Has anybody tried figuring out if their phones will be getting the new emergency/amber alerts?
They say to check at alertready.ca but when you do, Zoomer or Cityphone are not on the list. That leaves Robbers as the next viable option.
I assume they will since Rogers is the network operator. And I got a text last week on my old Galaxy Core (from SimplyConnect) saying my device isn't compatible. So I would imagine newer devices will receive it.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2652 posts
2238 upvotes
GTA
ROYinTO wrote: Has anybody tried figuring out if their phones will be getting the new emergency/amber alerts?
From what I saw in the news, it is ALL carriers; somehow I heard is limited to LTE bands. Does any one has more info?
¸

- - - - -
;)
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5834 posts
1677 upvotes
Thanks guys for all the help. Great $36 plan, but decided to get the $40 4GB plan from Rogers instead for extra data and unlimited minutes.
Oct 6, 2004
300 posts
81 upvotes
Yes. I already got a test text weeks ago.
Dec 9, 2010
500 posts
92 upvotes
Aggy wrote: Thanks guys for all the help. Great $36 plan, but decided to get the $40 4GB plan from Rogers instead for extra data and unlimited minutes.
This is what Aggy is referring to: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/rogers- ... a-2178816/
If you fit the demographic needed for that promotion, and are willing to pay more, do it before April 10, 2018

Otherwise, Zoomer's $36 is the best plan for newcomers, and the promotion with extra GB and referrals is available until June 30, 2018.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1110 posts
530 upvotes
dee88 wrote: This is what Aggy is referring to: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/rogers- ... a-2178816/
If you fit the demographic needed for that promotion, and are willing to pay more, do it before April 10, 2018

Otherwise, Zoomer's $36 is the best plan for newcomers, and the promotion with extra GB and referrals is available until June 30, 2018.
I'm so sure rogers will at some point increase the price of that $40 plan
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2684 posts
3199 upvotes
zjhehe wrote: Roughly how long does the shipping take (to Toronto)? I'm hoping to minimize potential service interruptions when I call in end of April to early May.
after a week it finally shipped for me. says out of Burnaby,bc
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5834 posts
1677 upvotes
petepw wrote: I'm so sure rogers will at some point increase the price of that $40 plan
And if they do hopefully the zoomer plan will be available lol.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
1165 posts
1753 upvotes
ported family's number to zoomer, seems to be working well
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I got a text message on Zoomer, it's enabled
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote: I got a text message on Zoomer, it's enabled
+1 I got the Zoomer text for the alerts on March 16.

Zoomer Wireless service msg: As early as Apr 6, the Government of Canada is launching the Alert Ready Emergency Alert System, a text-based alerting service that will inform Canadians about possible emergency situations. Please ensure your device software is up-to-date to receive these emergency alerts, including a test alert once a year. Your safety is our top priority. Learn more at alertready.ca/
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
6145 posts
3617 upvotes
Toronto
Daijoubu wrote: I got a text message on Zoomer, it's enabled
I got one this morning. It said to go to https://www.zoomerwireless.ca/help?tab=357-wpas for more details and a list of enabled devices. I did and it gives 2 links ...
1 for devices enabled @ launch https://cityimgs.cityfoneservices.net/M ... nabled.pdf
and 1 for devices enabled after launch https://cityimgs.cityfoneservices.net/M ... launch.pdf
The LG G4 many of us got within the last year is not on either list.
Devices that are not listed above are not compatible with Alert Ready.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Even the Huawei are, GR5 is in the list, LG G5 and G6 are...hmmm

Is this a case of features being disabled in the stock FW and they are too lazy to re-enable to and issue an FW update...?

Edit: Looks like it should be present...unless it's a different system
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support ... se-161828/

I did some more digging, it looks like the Canadian WPA (why would they use that acronym since it's already tied to Wi-Fi Protected Access...) uses Cell Broadcast.
You can enable it by installing Activity Launcher if you don't see it in your settings, I just did on my Xiaomi:

http://en.miui.com/thread-1560822-1-1.html

Let's see if I get on the next test here in QC (May 7th, 9:55AM)
Sep 17, 2017
61 posts
86 upvotes
Anybody else had issues with the loyalty plans? I signed up for the $45 2.5GB plan on a two year term a while ago and tried to transition to the $36 2GB loyalty plan and they said that I couldn't switch to a plan of lesser value. True story?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
tstephure wrote: Anybody else had issues with the loyalty plans? I signed up for the $45 2.5GB plan on a two year term a while ago and tried to transition to the $36 2GB loyalty plan and they said that I couldn't switch to a plan of lesser value. True story?
It is true. You can switch switch to the $36 plan by paying off your device balance or to the $45/4GB plan.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Nov 26, 2015
887 posts
671 upvotes
Ontario
tstephure wrote: Anybody else had issues with the loyalty plans? I signed up for the $45 2.5GB plan on a two year term a while ago and tried to transition to the $36 2GB loyalty plan and they said that I couldn't switch to a plan of lesser value. True story?
No experience for me but that makes perfect sense. The writing on your initial contract binds you to a rate required for that contract. You cannot lower it. This should apply to any company.

So for Zoomer, I always told people to go with the lowest plan then change to higher so your written contract always shows the lower amount. You got a perk (better phone selection) from the higher rate, you cannot lower your obligation after getting the benefit.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)