Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 4GB data/400 min daytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2020 10:34 am
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1393 posts
1065 upvotes
kevdanga wrote: What are people doing for USA travel? Zoomers rates aren't very good for travel packs.
I bought a cheap $50 clearance phone. unlocked it and got a roam mobility sim card/plan.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1497 posts
552 upvotes
TBD
karnige wrote: I bought a cheap $50 clearance phone. unlocked it and got a roam mobility sim card/plan.
Why do you need a separate phone tho? Couldn't you just leave your Zoomer sim at home and use your primary device?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1393 posts
1065 upvotes
kevdanga wrote: Why do you need a separate phone tho? Couldn't you just leave your Zoomer sim at home and use your primary device?
of course but I don't want to risk losing it. rather take a junker phone.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2006
1125 posts
682 upvotes
Calgary
kevdanga wrote: What are people doing for USA travel? Zoomers rates aren't very good for travel packs.
I just got back from the US.. roam mobilty is the way to go
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5308 posts
1142 upvotes
Might sign the wife up on the $36 plan today...thanks OP!

What's the best phone spec wise to get with this plan currently?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3248 posts
1296 upvotes
Toronto
Aggy wrote: Might sign the wife up on the $36 plan today...thanks OP!

What's the best phone spec wise to get with this plan currently?
Last day for the 3GB plan if they don't extend it.

Get the P10 Lite with $75. Best overall value.
Last edited by 9613019 on Mar 31st, 2018 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1268 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
I have a oneplus 5 with zoomer and roam mobility SIM in that phone. I activate RM when I go on U.S. trip, and make all my calls, message and data default with RM

My business phone with BELL roaming actually cost more in minutes messages and data vs RM.
Last edited by yellowmp5 on Mar 31st, 2018 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7123 posts
384 upvotes
York
I want to get this plan but want to wait until my prepaid Koodo boosters are used up. I see today is the last day for the 3GB option. Can I call in and request a SIM card, securing 3GB data until I call them back to activate in a month?
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1268 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
dankup wrote: I want to get this plan but want to wait until my prepaid Koodo boosters are used up. I see today is the last day for the 3GB option. Can I call in and request a SIM card, securing 3GB data until I call them back to activate in a month?
I opened a second line with zoomer, waiting for a week to get the SIM to mail over to me from BC. so I don't think they are charging me now. Dunno if they can be hold for a month.

CORRECT me if I'm wrong please.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3248 posts
1296 upvotes
Toronto
dankup wrote: I want to get this plan but want to wait until my prepaid Koodo boosters are used up. I see today is the last day for the 3GB option. Can I call in and request a SIM card, securing 3GB data until I call them back to activate in a month?
No, they will set the activation date when they ship the sim card. Usually 1 day after the shipment. You cannot defer the delivery as today is the last day for 3GB.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5308 posts
1142 upvotes
9613019 wrote: Last day for the 3GB plan if they don't extend it.
Thanks...I guess I have to call/message for phone pricing as I see, for example, the P10 Lite is $150 online, but in the OP it says $75 on 2 year term.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5308 posts
1142 upvotes
9613019 wrote: Last day for the 3GB plan if they don't extend it.

Get the P10 Lite with $75. Best overall value.
Thanks, can I see prices online?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3248 posts
1296 upvotes
Toronto
Aggy wrote: Thanks, can I see prices online?
Just pair the phone with the $40 plan and you will see it.
Carry Tel Internet
Oct 1, 2003
393 posts
42 upvotes
Vancouver
Just got back from a trip to US with my Zoomer plan and phone. I got them to switch me to the Canada/US 200min/unlimTXT/500MB plan at the beginning of the trip, then back to the UnlimTALK/TXT/2GB plan when I got back. I should be charged the $60 plan (prorated for the 10 days I had it). I can't confirm that yet, since I just got back. We will see when the bill gets generated tomorrow. The only big risk of doing this is, when you want to switch back to the original plan and for some reason it is unavailable on their system (cancelled, dicontinued etc.), then your stuck with whatever is available.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3248 posts
1296 upvotes
Toronto
doobievibes wrote: Just got back from a trip to US with my Zoomer plan and phone. I got them to switch me to the Canada/US 200min/unlimTXT/500MB plan at the beginning of the trip, then back to the UnlimTALK/TXT/2GB plan when I got back. I should be charged the $60 plan (prorated for the 10 days I had it). I can't confirm that yet, since I just got back. We will see when the bill gets generated tomorrow. The only big risk of doing this is, when you want to switch back to the original plan and for some reason it is unavailable on their system (cancelled, dicontinued etc.), then your stuck with whatever is available.
Very good solution. I think both the plan cost and your usage will be prorated on your next bill.
Carry Tel Internet

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)