Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2021 1:42 pm
May 6, 2015
123 posts
296 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Received an iPhone 5S from Zoomer and it is 16gb in white/silver. Model number is ME297C/A.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
Linktothepast wrote: Received an iPhone 5S from Zoomer and it is 16gb in white/silver. Model number is ME297C/A.
16GB is as expected. Not sure whether they only have 1 color or not.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Nov 14, 2003
704 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have any problems with shortcode messages? I can't verify my number by SMS with Air BnB.
Jul 29, 2003
288 posts
65 upvotes
Lake Country
Thanks OP, signed up last night and customer service was great - she even asked if I had a referral as we would both get $25 if I had one. She said just get their info and you have 30 days from signup to add it to your account. What great customer service so far. I went with the iPhone 5S as this is for an older family member who doesn't need the latest and greatest device and is already familiar with the iOS platform.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2684 posts
3199 upvotes
jobooie wrote: Thanks OP, signed up last night and customer service was great - she even asked if I had a referral as we would both get $25 if I had one. She said just get their info and you have 30 days from signup to add it to your account. What great customer service so far. I went with the iPhone 5S as this is for an older family member who doesn't need the latest and greatest device and is already familiar with the iOS platform.
their CS is unbelievable. been with them 1 month and couldn't be happier.
Nov 7, 2013
37 posts
56 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP, just signed up. Only issue for me was I had to pay a $150 deposit because of my lack of credit history. I do have a decent credit score but I only have 1 credit card and it's under an year old. They did say this deposit will go back to my Zoomer account after 6 months if I make each payment on time.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
thealperson wrote: Thanks OP, just signed up. Only issue for me was I had to pay a $150 deposit because of my lack of credit history. I do have a decent credit score but I only have 1 credit card and it's under an year old. They did say this deposit will go back to my Zoomer account after 6 months if I make each payment on time.
6 month deposit is not that bad.
Carry Tel Internet
Dec 24, 2007
77 posts
99 upvotes
I apologize if this was answered before, but I can't find clear answer in this thread:
I want to add another phone line to my existing account. Online chat agent said that Zoomer would not accept self-referrals, but I've read somewhere in this lengthy thread that people were able to self-refer for second line. Am I mistaking, or should I try different agent ? Thanks !
Apr 23, 2003
663 posts
400 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
You can self refer a separate line if the 2nd line is under someone else (wife, child, etc.). Can't self refer yourself (additional line under your account or a separate line under your name again)
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
djuroganovic wrote: I apologize if this was answered before, but I can't find clear answer in this thread:
I want to add another phone line to my existing account. Online chat agent said that Zoomer would not accept self-referrals, but I've read somewhere in this lengthy thread that people were able to self-refer for second line. Am I mistaking, or should I try different agent ? Thanks !
No self referral.
Carry Tel Internet
Nov 14, 2003
704 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
djuroganovic wrote: I apologize if this was answered before, but I can't find clear answer in this thread:
You have to have a second account to get the 'self' referral. Both accounts can have the same payment card. At a latter date, you can combine the accounts for $15, if you want a family plan.
Dec 24, 2007
77 posts
99 upvotes
DStriderX wrote: You can self refer a separate line if the 2nd line is under someone else (wife, child, etc.). Can't self refer yourself (additional line under your account or a separate line under your name again)
Thanks DStriderX.
Zoomer complicates things too much when one wants to port their underage child's number. Last year with Koodo, I did not have any problem activating new line with my daughter's name ( and on my credit card) but now in order to port the number to Zoomer, new account MUST be on her name ( names on account must match in order to port the number) . Problem is that she is much less than 19 yr old, and according to Zoomer's chat agent, legal age to get new line is 19, so she can't even get the number in her name- with referral or not.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
djuroganovic wrote: Thanks DStriderX.
Zoomer complicates things too much when one wants to port their underage child's number. Last year with Koodo, I did not have any problem activating new line with my daughter's name ( and on my credit card) but now in order to port the number to Zoomer, new account MUST be on her name ( names on account must match in order to port the number) . Problem is that she is much less than 19 yr old, and according to Zoomer's chat agent, legal age to get new line is 19, so she can't even get the number in her name- with referral or not.
I think you are the account holder of the koodo account. Your daughter' name may be only shown as a subscriber.
Carry Tel Internet
Jan 26, 2017
141 posts
124 upvotes
Cnsultnt wrote: Anyone have any problems with shortcode messages? I can't verify my number by SMS with Air BnB.
Both viber and netflix won’t send texts to me for some reason. Called them both and they said there’s an issue with your carrier. Other companies work fine though.

called zoomer and they said they don’t have the tools to check. guess we’re just sol.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3970 posts
3749 upvotes
GVRD
Cnsultnt wrote: Anyone have any problems with shortcode messages? I can't verify my number by SMS with Air BnB.
Is your number ported from a landline or VoIP carrier? I have issues porting over from Fongo and basically if SMS doesn't work properly because the porting out is not done completely. You have to call back the previous carrier and tell them SMS does not work and they are required to check and complete the port out. Once the previous carrier confirmed the port out is complete, ask Zoomer to refresh the line again to ensure the port in is complete.
Nov 14, 2003
704 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
pkphilip wrote: Cnsultnt wrote: ↑
Anyone have any problems with shortcode messages? I can't verify my number by SMS with Air BnB.

Is your number ported from a landline or VoIP carrier? I have issues porting over from Fongo and basically if SMS doesn't work properly because the porting out is not done completely. You have to call back the previous carrier and tell them SMS does not work and they are required to check and complete the port out. Once the previous carrier confirmed the port out is complete, ask Zoomer to refresh the line again to ensure the port in is complete.
That's not it; it's been a mobile number forever, Clearnet -> Bell -> Zoomer. Thanks for the suggestions, though.
Aug 23, 2004
205 posts
18 upvotes
Anyone else get a locked Huawei P10-Lite?

we signed up three in my family on the plan, got three P10-lites, intending to sell them and use their existing phones.

The first one we received had the sim installed, and is locked to rogers! my activated fido SIM works fine, but if I put a Telus or a freedom SIM in it asks for a unlock code.

The other two are sealed in the factory box, (they didn't insert the SIM before it was shipped)

I called zoomer and apparently, its a week wait for a "secondary" lock code. Did anyone else see this happen?

I had these all sold as unlocked phones, very frustrating!
Apr 4, 2018
777 posts
194 upvotes
jobooie wrote: Thanks OP, signed up last night and customer service was great - she even asked if I had a referral as we would both get $25 if I had one. She said just get their info and you have 30 days from signup to add it to your account. What great customer service so far. I went with the iPhone 5S as this is for an older family member who doesn't need the latest and greatest device and is already familiar with the iOS platform.
+1

Zoomer customer service is great, and fast to get through. None of these 30 minute TELUS or Koodoo call center experiences.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I got a locked GR5, just contact Zoomer and they'll send you a code within a week
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7863 posts
2841 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Mervincm wrote: Anyone else get a locked Huawei P10-Lite?

we signed up three in my family on the plan, got three P10-lites, intending to sell them and use their existing phones.

The first one we received had the sim installed, and is locked to rogers! my activated fido SIM works fine, but if I put a Telus or a freedom SIM in it asks for a unlock code.

The other two are sealed in the factory box, (they didn't insert the SIM before it was shipped)

I called zoomer and apparently, its a week wait for a "secondary" lock code. Did anyone else see this happen?

I had these all sold as unlocked phones, very frustrating!
got my unlock code for GR5 on the same chat

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)