Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2020 9:08 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2012
2062 posts
500 upvotes
Ottawa
anyone knows what's the overrate charge for data if went over 3GB? also how much is the cancellation fee?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 14, 2009
14998 posts
6081 upvotes
kwanyeung20 wrote: anyone knows what's the overrate charge for data if went over 3GB? also how much is the cancellation fee?
I don't know off hand how much the data overage costs but I think it's pretty pricey. If you want more data you can get the 4gb loyalty plan for $45/month after you have been with Zoomer for six months.

As for the cancellation, you have to pay off your remaining device balance. That is all.
I am a Zoomer customer.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3252 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
kwanyeung20 wrote: anyone knows what's the overrate charge for data if went over 3GB? also how much is the cancellation fee?
$0.05/MB.

No cancellation fee, but you need to pay prorated device balance.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 28, 2005
1616 posts
171 upvotes
magoot wrote: You're welcome. I've been using Fido HP for over 10? yrs and no issues. When I first got it on occasion person on other end would have an hollow echo effect. Haven't had that issue in the last 8? yrs. Considering price (all in $14) I'm happy. It's cellphone based and the ZTE base holds a sim card. Phone can be taken anywhere in Canada and used - hotel, friend's place, etc.
Reliable...except for power outages have had zero reliability issues.
My Home Phone service isn't great. I have a Panasonic cordless phone hooked up to the ZTE base unit and people on the other end are hearing me LOUDLY. Too loud! Tested by me as well and it is louder than average. Very Disappointing.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2012
2062 posts
500 upvotes
Ottawa
SickBeast wrote: I don't know off hand how much the data overage costs but I think it's pretty pricey. If you want more data you can get the 4gb loyalty plan for $45/month after you have been with Zoomer for six months.

As for the cancellation, you have to pay off your remaining device balance. That is all.
9613019 wrote: $0.05/MB.

No cancellation fee, but you need to pay prorated device balance.
thanks! I'm on $49/8GB QC plan but I am thinking to switch to this. I just checked my data usage history and average seems to be 2GB per month, so I think this will do it. I was thinking if the overage is $20/GB then I can go over sometimes to 4GB and still save some money, but guess not.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Mar 1, 2016
137 posts
88 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I'm thinking of jumping ship from Freedom Mobile to this. It's cheaper, on a much better network, and 3GB/400 daytime minutes would be plenty for me. I'm due for a phone upgrade, and the P10 Lite for $75 would be perfect.

I might have to check this out on Monday. Any current Ottawa Zoomer customers out there care to comment on the network/reliability? Keep in mind I'm coming from Freedom so my bar is fairly low.
RFD Effect: Zoomer $36 4GB Unlimited Talk/Text Loyalty ➡ ThinkPad E570 i7-7500U $651.20 ➡ Seiko 5 Men's Automatic $56.33 ➡ Brother DCP-L2520DW Laser Printer $79.99 ➡ Walls Arctic Zone Cotton Duck Jacket $17.27 ➡ Black&Decker 20V Drill+Impact $37.25
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11186 posts
10215 upvotes
adamareid wrote: I'm thinking of jumping ship from Freedom Mobile to this. It's cheaper, on a much better network, and 3GB/400 daytime minutes would be plenty for me. I'm due for a phone upgrade, and the P10 Lite for $75 would be perfect.

I might have to check this out on Monday. Any current Ottawa Zoomer customers out there care to comment on the network/reliability? Keep in mind I'm coming from Freedom so my bar is fairly low.
You can also ask your friends or co-worker who is using Rogers or Fido for the signal level.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 26, 2003
32260 posts
3121 upvotes
Winnipeg
magoot wrote: The only issue I have/ had is the ZTE/ Fido base only holds 3 messages. Asked Fido to disable it and now calls go directly to answer machine in telephone. When it was on calls would randomly go to either one.
zoomer also only holds 3 voice messages, and I found it to be plenty.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 7, 2007
9433 posts
3376 upvotes
divx wrote: zoomer also only holds 3 voice messages, and I found it to be plenty.
Not unless you get Zoomer Loyalty plan ... then "3 voice messages" voice mail becomes "Enhanced" one .. and holds either 20 or 30 (or something like that) messages and for longer duration.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1417 posts
746 upvotes
karnige wrote: No I think they have to provide an unlocked number is all. phones can still be locked. providers don't have to give an unlock code if you arne't with them
ALL phones sold by Canadian carrier MUST be sold UNLOCKED

The extra clause about unlocking is simply so devices sold before are not illegal now
Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 12, 2009
19293 posts
7406 upvotes
Toronto
TheHutt wrote: My Home Phone service isn't great. I have a Panasonic cordless phone hooked up to the ZTE base unit and people on the other end are hearing me LOUDLY. Too loud! Tested by me as well and it is louder than average. Very Disappointing.
I have had this arrangement for more than 5 years. I too have a Panasonic cordless set connected to the ZTE plus a cheap cord phone for loss of power emergencies. It works great. During the early days, the reception would bounce around between green and yellow but Rogers must have tweaked the local towers and it is a solid green all the time now. Call quality never seemed to be impacted. $10 is about the right price for this product.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB, $28 RBC 5GB promo
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $10/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
12725 posts
2758 upvotes
guys..where do i retrieve my referral id? wanna refer to a friend
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3252 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
kiasu wrote: guys..where do i retrieve my referral id? wanna refer to a friend
You do not know your Zoomer phone# and your name?
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Newbie
Jul 1, 2013
57 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
kiasu wrote: guys..where do i retrieve my referral id? wanna refer to a friend
Your referral id is your name or phone number
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
12725 posts
2758 upvotes
thx..nevermind..found it
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)