Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2020 9:08 pm
Nov 17, 2003
459 posts
40 upvotes
9613019 wrote: 1. No age check.

2. i would go with individual plans, but they do have family plans for 2 to 4 users. You need to check your usage to see whether it is suitable for your needs.

3. No. You will only get 2GB data with the $36 loyalty plan, which is even less data than the current 3GB plan.

4. 30 days with very low usage. Fido will probably not offer you anything. Some carriers will do.

5. You can do that once your account is activated, but you have to setup a seperate account for each new user. The new user need to contact Zoomer to open an account.

6. Yes, Rogers network.
Thanks 9613019! One last question - if you do the two year term and want to move out/cancel prior to that - the only thing you have to do is payout/buyout the phone? So if I get the 36$ plan and a $75 P10 do I just pay off the 225$ or if say a year later it would be 113ish? Or is it considered a "wash" as the the phone was $75?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3252 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
Tolo wrote: Thanks 9613019! One last question - if you do the two year term and want to move out/cancel prior to that - the only thing you have to do is payout/buyout the phone? So if I get the 36$ plan and a $75 P10 do I just pay off the 225$ or if say a year later it would be 113ish? Or is it considered a "wash" as the the phone was $75?
Your calculation of $113 (112.5+tax) is right. All you need to pay is the remaining device balance.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Nov 11, 2003
435 posts
109 upvotes
Scarb
Talked to agent. The $36 3gb promo has been extended to May 31st (lol)
Jul 24, 2012
622 posts
76 upvotes
If they offer $40 5 gb promo would be nice. I would switch immediately, I really hate fido, they don't want to keep loyal customer.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3252 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
mannie511 wrote: Talked to agent. The $36 3gb promo has been extended to May 31st (lol)
They should upgrade the $36 loyalty plan to 3GB.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1456 posts
1114 upvotes
mannie511 wrote: Talked to agent. The $36 3gb promo has been extended to May 31st (lol)
I don't doubt it. they are probably signing up people left and right because of rfd lol
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11195 posts
10220 upvotes
9613019 wrote: They should upgrade the $36 loyalty plan to 3GB.
YMMV - Thinking out loud...
IMHO, Zoomer may create a new loyalty $36 plan with 400 daytime minutes (NO unlimited) + 3GB data.
I expect the new loyalty plan will be begin around July, 6 months after this promo started at end of January.
YMMV
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone
Apr 14, 2018
2 posts
Dealfinder111 wrote: If they offer $40 5 gb promo would be nice. I would switch immediately, I really hate fido, they don't want to keep loyal customer.
Yea, I didn't like fido customer service. They dont offer any promotions for the current customer (maybe it's just me), nor do they care if their customers leave. That's why I left them a week ago. Finally switched over to zoomer with this plan. So far, so good. Got my sim card and my phone the next day. Fast service !
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1245 posts
523 upvotes
North York, ON
Grabbed this deal after Fido fail. Also bought the P10 Lite. CS was GREAT, smooth and rep actually asked if I had a referral to save $25. Thus far very impressed with Zoomer CS and in Dec when other Fido plans run out will move them to Zoomer...if there are any deals to be had. She also mentioned to wait for a $10 Homephone deal to come along.
Thanks everyone for your assistance.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1263 posts
886 upvotes
British Columbia
Thinking of signing a family member on one of these plans.

How does porting home number work, I've never done that before.

Also wondering what the referral is about and what the best phone is to get (and keep). They aren't looking for anything fancy but might as well get them a decent phone.

Thanks.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3252 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
Karala wrote: Thinking of signing a family member on one of these plans.

How does porting home number work, I've never done that before.

Also wondering what the referral is about and what the best phone is to get (and keep). They aren't looking for anything fancy but might as well get them a decent phone.

Thanks.
Porting a landline number may take longer time, but still doable.

Referral credit is $25 for both parties.

Best phone to keep is the Huawei P10 lite with $75 upfront cost.
Carry Tel Internet
Mar 31, 2008
6 posts
1 upvote
BC
Signed up yesterday for the $36/mo plan, 400 minutes, 3GB, unlimited messaging and bought the P10 lite. Does the phone have NFC and/or fingerprint?
Customer service was great, easy and smooth account creation... unfortunately did not know anyone on Zoomer so could not get referral. Thanks to everyone here for all the info on this deal. Hope my new phone gets delivered as fast as people say!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3252 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
bhunter-wc wrote: Signed up yesterday for the $36/mo plan, 400 minutes, 3GB, unlimited messaging and bought the P10 lite. Does the phone have NFC and/or fingerprint?
Customer service was great, easy and smooth account creation... unfortunately did not know anyone on Zoomer so could not get referral. Thanks to everyone here for all the info on this deal. Hope my new phone gets delivered as fast as people say!
You can still submit the referral info now.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1245 posts
523 upvotes
North York, ON
bhunter-wc wrote: Signed up yesterday for the $36/mo plan, 400 minutes, 3GB, unlimited messaging and bought the P10 lite. Does the phone have NFC and/or fingerprint?
Customer service was great, easy and smooth account creation... . Thanks to everyone here for all the info on this deal. Hope my new phone gets delivered as fast as people say!
If ever in that situation post in the product thread you're thinking of buying. I rec'd a bunch of referral offers and RFDers knew I was ready to buy via my original post saying I was interested in buying/ signing up.
Yes it has fingerprint and NFC. To activate NFC:
https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-activate ... i-P10-Lite
or terrible quality vid

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)