Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2021 1:42 pm
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
What's this phone that the are listing nowadays:

LG Q6
LG
The LG Q6 has a lot more than what you can expect from a smartphone.

Starting at:
$0
with a minimum plan of $45/mo per line with
a 2-year term

----

Okay phone ... or? ... and how much extra to pay for it on $40/mo plan?
Dec 20, 2016
88 posts
31 upvotes
Darkman wrote: What's this phone that the are listing nowadays:

LG Q6
LG

Starting at:
$0
a 2-year term

----

call or chat to them and ask. they;re all different prices.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Darkman wrote: What's this phone that the are listing nowadays:

LG Q6
LG

Starting at:
$0
a 2-year term

----

$100 upfront for the LG Q6 with 2 years contract on a $40 plan($36 after 10% discount).
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
May 16, 2018
209 posts
55 upvotes
Thanks everyone for the help. I don't know how I've managed without data for all these years.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
Snorlax91 wrote: Thanks everyone for the help. I don't know how I've managed without data for all these years.
Because your have access to WiFi in most places.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
CHILLPILL123 wrote: Put the j3 prime on kijiji for 100 bucks, and sold it
Not bad
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
4908 posts
584 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Some people ask me about reception and data speed.Reception is pretty good in the 416/905 area in whole,never got drop calls but sometimes depending on the towers locations and if your in underground garage or basement you may get a bit of stuttering during calls,data is quick though.Their customer service is lot better than Rogers and Bell,got thru to a human voice in less than 5 minutes the few times I had to call,their live chat is just as good.The selections of phone is small and yes you can pay more for a better one.After 6 months they offer a customer loyalty package which I guess you can get more data or talk time at a discount.Over all I give them a 9/10 on the quality/cost ratio.What Bell and Rogers is offering now is a joke to the regular public.Any questions just PM me..
Apr 12, 2009
466 posts
115 upvotes
Anybody have any luck getting them to switch their 2gig plan for the 3 gig? Been on it for about a year.
Apr 12, 2009
466 posts
115 upvotes
Anybody have any luck getting them to switch their 2gig plan for the 3 gig? Been on it for about a year.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Baigle wrote: Anybody have any luck getting them to switch their 2gig plan for the 3 gig? Been on it for about a year.
For the 3GB market plan: You need to pay off your phone account balance before switching. To switch now, you will be paying roughly $125 phone account balance after 1 year.

There is a new $40.5 3GB loyalty plan. You can switch to the new $40.5 3GB without paying off your phone account balance.
The $36 loyalty still has only 2GB data.

If you switch to the $40.50 loyalty plan, you are paying extra $54 for next 12 months. This option is cheaper than paying off your phone account balance if you need the 3GB/m now.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
embguy wrote: For the 3GB market plan: You need to pay off your phone account balance before switching. To switch now, you will be paying roughly $125 phone account balance after 1 year.

There is a new $40.5 3GB loyalty plan. You can switch to the new $40.5 3GB without paying off your phone account balance.
The $36 loyalty still has only 2GB data.

If you switch to the $40.50 loyalty plan, you are paying extra $54 for next 12 months. This option is cheaper than paying off your phone account balance if you need the 3GB/m now.
Good advice with the $40.50 plan. Huawei P10 Lite is free with this plan, so the net cost is very low comparing to the $36 plan.
Carry Tel Internet
Dec 20, 2016
88 posts
31 upvotes
So I am at home and I go to check my phone and noticed that I am suddenly on Telus Roaming. Anyone know whats up?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
CHILLPILL123 wrote: So I am at home and I go to check my phone and noticed that I am suddenly on Telus Roaming. Anyone know whats up?
When you don't get Rogers signal, you will be roaming on Telus or Bell network. It is free included with your Zoomer plan. It is called extended coverage.
Which part of your house you phone switched to roaming on Telus network?
Dec 20, 2016
88 posts
31 upvotes
My bedroom. This is literally the first time it has ever happened to me.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Be aware of the limitation of extended coverage.

It’s intended for occasional use; the majority of your monthly usage (talk, text and data) must occur on the Rogers network. If the majority of your monthly usage occurs within Extended Coverage areas, we may restrict or limit your access to Extended Coverage on an ongoing basis.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
4908 posts
584 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
In the GTA the name of the carrier will be Cityfone.I went to Hamilton and the Falls and there was no roaming.Still have a strong signal.My buddy is on Freedom and he gets worst signal in areas where I still have normal bars.What is funny after I cancel my old carrier they contact me offering a "better package" to keep me.....at double what Zoomer is charging and only extra 100 minutes and older cheaper phone.These people are nuts.
Dec 20, 2016
88 posts
31 upvotes
embguy wrote: Be aware of the limitation of extended coverage.

It’s intended for occasional use; the majority of your monthly usage (talk, text and data) must occur on the Rogers network. If the majority of your monthly usage occurs within Extended Coverage areas, we may restrict or limit your access to Extended Coverage on an ongoing basis.
I actually received a text from rogers earlier in the day before I noticed the roaming. It said " Rogers has turned on Extended Coverage in this area, and as our customer you have access at no charge.Talk and text services will works....... 'EXT' or roaming indicator on your screen means you're using extended coverage at no roaming cost. Call 611 for more details."
Apr 12, 2009
466 posts
115 upvotes
I spoke to someone at zoomer and they told me cost is 94$ to get out and on to the better plan with a free j3 prime. Or for 75$ I can get the p10lite

So 170 for better plan and p10 lite. How is this phone compared to my moto X play? Tried to compare but not sure what to look for.

Might just switch and not pay...
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Baigle wrote: I spoke to someone at zoomer and they told me cost is 94$ to get out and on to the better plan with a free j3 prime. Or for 75$ I can get the p10lite

So 170 for better plan and p10 lite. How is this phone compared to my moto X play? Tried to compare but not sure what to look for.

Might just switch and not pay...
Since you have 9 months to go on your contract, it is cheaper to switch to the $40.5 3GB loyalty plan for $40.5 for next 9 months instead of paying $94 to get out of your current contract and get another phone for another contract.

For me, I will not pay out my contract and sign another 2 years contract. Now, we know that Zoomer is no flexible on switching the new market plan. I will be kicking myself if Zoomer is offering $36 4GB plan within a year which is very likely as the current mobile industry trend is more data for the same cost. Paying extra $4.50 a months will give me option to go anywhere.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)