Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2020 10:33 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3252 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
lekidyyc wrote: I leave my data roaming OFF and I still 'roam' to Bell/Telus. Maybe you should try that, should avoid US roaming?!
Really? This is from Rogers.

Do I need to do anything to start using Extended Coverage?

Talk and text services will work once you enter an Extended Coverage area and your device connects to Extended Coverage. To use the internet for email, maps and more, just make sure data roaming is turned on in your device settings.


https://www.rogers.com/customer/support ... erage-faqs
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Jr. Member
Mar 9, 2015
197 posts
110 upvotes
Calgary, AB
9613019 wrote: Really? This is from Rogers.

Do I need to do anything to start using Extended Coverage?

Talk and text services will work once you enter an Extended Coverage area and your device connects to Extended Coverage. To use the internet for email, maps and more, just make sure data roaming is turned on in your device settings.


https://www.rogers.com/customer/support ... erage-faqs
I know, saw that too. I turned it off for a quick trip to US and forgot to turn it back on. I used to travel to Labrador City for work and was on Bell network without the data roaming ON.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3252 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
lekidyyc wrote: I know, saw that too. I turned it off for a quick trip to US and forgot to turn it back on. I used to travel to Labrador City for work and was on Bell network without the data roaming ON.
Will test it next time when I roam to Bell/Telus.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Member
User avatar
Nov 6, 2004
265 posts
67 upvotes
DStriderX wrote: You need to call in to change pre-authorized billing info. You won't need to wait too long before you are able to talk to a CSR.

However, you may make payments with any credit card online after you login to your account.
Is it just me, or has the option to "Pay Now" online via My Account been removed at some point in the last few weeks?

I wanted to make a lump sum payment using my Amex on both my account and my wife's account, but can't find the option anywhere anymore. Their FAQs don't mention it anywhere either.
Member
Apr 23, 2003
417 posts
201 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
CanuckFan wrote: Is it just me, or has the option to "Pay Now" online via My Account been removed at some point in the last few weeks?

I wanted to make a lump sum payment using my Amex on both my account and my wife's account, but can't find the option anywhere anymore. Their FAQs don't mention it anywhere either.
Logged into my account, I don't see that pay option either.

It may be due to the fact, that new billing cycle has not commenced yet because my account says my billing cycle refreshes in two days and my account has no arrears.
Member
User avatar
Nov 6, 2004
265 posts
67 upvotes
DStriderX wrote: Logged into my account, I don't see that pay option either.

It may be due to the fact, that new billing cycle has not commenced yet because my account says my billing cycle refreshes in two days and my account has no arrears.
Hopefully, but probably not. A month or two ago I made a payment via credit card online and had a credit on my account still at the time so I suspect they've just outright removed it. Seems weird that they'd force you to call in to make a non-pre-authorized payment or to change your credit card..
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 20, 2004
3190 posts
30 upvotes
Does zoomer allow number port-in while signing up for this $36 promotional plan? Any associated fees?
HEATWARE 47+ : BST 27+ : EBAY 212+ (links on request)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3252 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
dinesh_zee wrote: Does zoomer allow number port-in while signing up for this $36 promotional plan? Any associated fees?
You can do port-in after you receive their shipment. It is free.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 27, 2014
5235 posts
1831 upvotes
Canuckland
Never mind , is the bonus permanent?

Also, is it possible to get this without phone?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1476 posts
1129 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote: Never mind , is the bonus permanent?

Also, is it possible to get this without phone?
yes you keep the plan month to
month after the 2 year is done. you cant get this plan without getting a phone. for some reason if you get a plan with zoomer with a byod it's a rip off. go figure. get the phone and sell it. that's what a lot of ppl do. I just gave it to my brother.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1476 posts
1129 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote: Never mind , is the bonus permanent?

Also, is it possible to get this without phone?
yes you keep the plan month to
month after the 2 year is done. you cant get this plan without getting a phone. for some reason if you get a plan with zoomer with a byod it's a rip off. go figure. get the phone and sell it. that's what a lot of ppl do. I just gave it to my brother.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 3, 2006
8277 posts
3479 upvotes
Markham
karnige wrote: yes you keep the plan month to
month after the 2 year is done. you cant get this plan without getting a phone. for some reason if you get a plan with zoomer with a byod it's a rip off. go figure. get the phone and sell it. that's what a lot of ppl do. I just gave it to my brother.
Because otherwise they can't really force you to sign a term contract, that's the only reason they can give you a cheaper plan. Effectively they are applying the retail price of the phone as the Early Cancellation Fee which they otherwise cannot charge.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3252 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
DealCanuck wrote: Never mind , is the bonus permanent?

Also, is it possible to get this without phone?
If you need a BYOD plan, you can think it in another way.

You can get a cheapest phone and you only owe them $100 as device balance. If you cancel your plan after 1 year, you only need to pay them $50 as "cancellation cost".

Many people sell their free phones and further lower the cancellation cost.

In my opinion, a 2 year contract is not that bad.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31141 posts
16898 upvotes
Ottawa
9613019 wrote: If you need a BYOD plan, you can think it in another way.

You can get a cheapest phone and you only owe them $100 as device balance. If you cancel your plan after 1 year, you only need to pay them $50 as "cancellation cost".

Many people sell their free phones and further lower the cancellation cost.

In my opinion, a 2 year contract is not that bad.
+1, already into year 3.
Sr. Member
Sep 4, 2014
586 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto, ON
How much is the Samsung A8 on the 36$ plan?? Same as the p10 lite?

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)