Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2020 9:08 pm
Newbie
Dec 20, 2016
63 posts
7 upvotes
The 2c/mb is even better now that the big3 are raising the overage rates to 10c/mb.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11191 posts
10217 upvotes
CHILLPILL123 wrote: The 2c/mb is even better now that the big3 are raising the overage rates to 10c/mb.
Instead of spending money on advertising, Zoomer gives the saving to their subscribers to do the free advertising.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1455 posts
1113 upvotes
embguy wrote: Instead of spending money on advertising, Zoomer gives the saving to their subscribers to do the free advertising.
or they are happy giving customers fair deals and making some money rather then unfair deals and tons of money.
Sr. Member
User avatar
May 17, 2003
767 posts
685 upvotes
Mississauga
Has anyone had any issues with the iPhone 5S Zoomer was providing as an option? The one they gave us kept rebooting and died. Apple Store could not fix the issue and does not provide warranty replacement since it's an old phone. Was told to go back to Zoomer for warranty issues. Anyone experience something similar?
Member
User avatar
Nov 14, 2003
315 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
Another recommendation for Zoomer customer service. Ran the Oreo update for my A5, with wifi off (damn you Samsung - where's the warning???). Used 1.7Gb of data on the first day of the month. Chat with Zoomer got me switched to the 3Gb loyalty option for this month, and it will automatically revert for next cycle.
Newbie
Dec 20, 2016
63 posts
7 upvotes
Cnsultnt wrote: Another recommendation for Zoomer customer service. Ran the Oreo update for my A5, with wifi off (damn you Samsung - where's the warning???). Used 1.7Gb of data on the first day of the month. Chat with Zoomer got me switched to the 3Gb loyalty option for this month, and it will automatically revert for next cycle.
did you set the warning? What is the warning set at? Why didn't it turn off when you reached your limit?
Member
User avatar
Nov 14, 2003
315 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
CHILLPILL123 wrote: did you set the warning? What is the warning set at? Why didn't it turn off when you reached your limit?
I have a data limit set at 1.8, warning at 1.4. It probably did notify the warning, and blew right past it.
It would be nice if Samsung would warn you before updating not on wifi.
Newbie
Dec 20, 2016
63 posts
7 upvotes
Cnsultnt wrote: I have a data limit set at 1.8, warning at 1.4. It probably did notify the warning, and blew right past it.
It would be nice if Samsung would warn you before updating not on wifi.
they do
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
4118 posts
1765 upvotes
Vancouver
If I'm still on the old $36 2GB loyalty plan how much to upgrade to P10 lite (I've already finished my 2 year contract)? $75? Is it better to upgrade to the $40.50/month loyalty plan and get the P10 lite for free?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11191 posts
10217 upvotes
notenoughsleep wrote: If I'm still on the old $36 2GB loyalty plan how much to upgrade to P10 lite (I've already finished my 2 year contract)? $75? Is it better to upgrade to the $40.50/month loyalty plan and get the P10 lite for free?
$0 for P10 Lite if you are on month-to-month. Otherwise, you can go on $40.50 3GB loyalty plan until the end of your current contract. Then, renew for another 2 years to get P10 Lite if it is still available at the time.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone
Newbie
Dec 10, 2007
15 posts
7 upvotes
Vaughan
I signed up on the weekend, received the phone on Tuesday. I went for the P10 lite for $75 (less referral credit)
Newbie
User avatar
Jan 6, 2018
76 posts
14 upvotes
Hi everyone,

Checking the website at 11:45 pm (July 18th, 2018) :

3 phones an planes available: $22.50 moto e5 data and text only, $40.50 500 min, 3 GB(2GB+1GB), text, incoming with LG Q6, $72 for 2 lines with Samsung J3

exp date : Zoomer Wireless offers shown are for new activations only and expire August 31, 2018, or while quantities last, and are subject to change without notice. Cityfone, operated by Rogers Communications Canada Inc. is the reseller, biller and wireless service provider for the Zoomer Wireless program and provides all customer support and enrolment.

1)Are they moving the date from July 31st to August 31st?
2) I don't see the P10, is available only when you call/chat with them?
3) Are they asking you $100 on the LG Q6? They will use later to pay for the plan, keep for an amount of time?
4) Is possible to get the $36 dollar plan with the J3 or that prom is gone?
5) when you apply what they charge you? Activation cost ($25) like Rogers?

Sorry for all the questions...if you guys can help me I'll appreciate it.
Member
User avatar
Nov 14, 2003
315 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
Rebelyouth wrote: Hi everyone,

Checking the website at 11:45 pm (July 18th, 2018) :

3 phones an planes available: $22.50 moto e5 data and text only, $40.50 500 min, 3 GB(2GB+1GB), text, incoming with LG Q6, $72 for 2 lines with Samsung J3

exp date : Zoomer Wireless offers shown are for new activations only and expire August 31, 2018, or while quantities last, and are subject to change without notice. Cityfone, operated by Rogers Communications Canada Inc. is the reseller, biller and wireless service provider for the Zoomer Wireless program and provides all customer support and enrolment.

1)Are they moving the date from July 31st to August 31st?
>> Seems to get extended, but no guarantees.
2) I don't see the P10, is available only when you call/chat with them?
>> Available. https://www.zoomerwireless.ca/devices/phones/168
3) Are they asking you $100 on the LG Q6? They will use later to pay for the plan, keep for an amount of time?
4) Is possible to get the $36 dollar plan with the J3 or that prom is gone?
>> Yes, J3 on $36 plan
5) when you apply what they charge you? Activation cost ($25) like Rogers?
>> Bill partial first month plus next month in advance, plus tax. No activation or SIM charge. No surprises. 911 fee, if required in your province. Less $25 referral credit, if you have a name / account number of a subscriber.

Sorry for all the questions...if you guys can help me I'll appreciate it.
Member
Nov 11, 2003
435 posts
109 upvotes
Scarb
If you have other questions, just web chat or call them. Their customer service is awesome and quick.

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)