Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2020 10:33 am
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11229 posts
10250 upvotes
YYC3258 wrote: That sucks! I still got just under a month to wait before porting into Zoomer (called their customer service and generated a ticket number, and they promised to call me sometime mid March). I hope I won't be stuck with the J1 or J3. How does the GR5 compare with the J3?
GR5 is better phone to use. Harder to sell. I am using a GR5. I like the finger print reader. 2GB RAM which is a must have nowaday. But no NFC - Therefore, forget about using Android pay or AmEx pay.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3252 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
dealseaker101 wrote: Yeah, Zoomer chooses their phone inventory based on the preferences of seniors. Which is probably whatever they have leftover in the Rogers warehouse. Most seniors aren't particularly picky when it comes to phones.
Zoomer may not have their own choice. Rogers limits Cityfone's phone selections so that there is less competition against Rogers and Fido.

I guess the next free phone with the $40 plan will be either LG G5 or Samsung J3 Prime.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3252 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
embguy wrote: GR5 is better phone to use. Harder to sell. I am using a GR5. I like the finger print reader. 2GB RAM which is a must have nowaday. But no NFC - Therefore, forget about using Android pay or AmEx pay.
I almost got a GR5 from Fido as it is only $100 at Fido with 2 year warranty. I even placed an order through their online chat, but noticed that the order was not properly placed when I discussed my data plan with Fido several days later.
Carry Tel Internet
Nov 23, 2015
727 posts
403 upvotes
Winnipeg
9613019 wrote: I guess the next free phone with the $40 plan will be either LG G5 or Samsung J3 Prime.
I was kind of hoping for the Huawei P10 or P10 lite! The GR5 is OK, but it would be better to have a phone with just a little more oomph.
Nov 29, 2009
101 posts
8 upvotes
Thanks- had the lg-g4 for a while
I'll check the package for unlocked code

I assumed zoomer have no problem assisting me to unlocked the phone for free?
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19296 posts
7413 upvotes
Toronto
Might as well call it the every day regular price!
Nov 29, 2009
101 posts
8 upvotes
Thanks- had the lg-g4 for a while

[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3252 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
chris_j11 wrote: Thanks- had the lg-g4 for a while

If you got it before Dec 1, then they might not ship with the code. Just chat with them to get the code.
Carry Tel Internet
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3252 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
56kbps wrote: I was kind of hoping for the Huawei P10 or P10 lite! The GR5 is OK, but it would be better to have a phone with just a little more oomph.
Free P10 on the $36 plan? The chance is low. P10 lite might have a chance if Rogers has a lot of stock left.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11229 posts
10250 upvotes
56kbps wrote: I was kind of hoping for the Huawei P10 or P10 lite! The GR5 is OK, but it would be better to have a phone with just a little more oomph.
Forget about the P10 for the $36 plan. I got a P10 Lite from Virgin and sold it for $300 last month. P10 Lite may be available by year end depending on how many J3 left at Rogers.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Nov 23, 2015
727 posts
403 upvotes
Winnipeg
Yeah, I was thinking more likely P10 lite. It doesn't seem that unrealistic... it would follow the general pattern of Zoomer going with a mid-range phone that isn't really new anymore. I doubt too many Rogers or even Fido customers will be opting for P10 lites 9 months from now... those leftover phones have to go somewhere.
Dec 30, 2017
37 posts
10 upvotes
Calgary AB
embguy wrote: GR5 is better phone to use. Harder to sell. I am using a GR5. I like the finger print reader. 2GB RAM which is a must have nowaday. But no NFC - Therefore, forget about using Android pay or AmEx pay.
Just curious, is your GR5 running Android 6 (Marshmallow) or is it stuck in Lollipop?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)