Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2020 10:33 am
Apr 23, 2003
417 posts
201 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
kiasu wrote: my friends r new comers who just landed last week and no credit in Canada..do you think they will let him open acc?
Your friends don't have a credit card? Most likely, they will need to leave a security deposit (ca. $100 to $500). Best to contact Zoomer and speak to them directly, usually you get to talk to someone in less than 5 mins.
May 8, 2013
56 posts
11 upvotes
kwanyeung20 wrote: was the initial dead phone shipped like that? If not, why they cannot do the same thing again?
It all turned out OK in the end. The person it was escalated to was quite a different experience, and happily agreed to send it with better packaging. They were actually ticked off at Purolator, too, because the phone they already sent was supposed to have a signature collected, and did not. I would not have signed for it as the box was open, but they just left it on my doorstep. Anyway, the new one came Fedex, in a nice, purpose-specific shipping pouch. Why the idiots I spoke to on the weekend gave me such a hard time about it I will never know.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2069 posts
502 upvotes
Ottawa
dealux wrote: It all turned out OK in the end. The person it was escalated to was quite a different experience, and happily agreed to send it with better packaging. They were actually ticked off at Purolator, too, because the phone they already sent was supposed to have a signature collected, and did not. I would not have signed for it as the box was open, but they just left it on my doorstep. Anyway, the new one came Fedex, in a nice, purpose-specific shipping pouch. Why the idiots I spoke to on the weekend gave me such a hard time about it I will never know.
glad it is resolved. I agree this is such a trivial matter. If they can do it the first time, for sure they can do it the second time. Seems like to me they just don't want to send a brand new phone and want you to budge.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2466 posts
1470 upvotes
GVRD
timeoninternet wrote: I noticed that Zoomer signals are very weak this week inside the building. Has anybody experienced this?
Try changing to HSPA or 3G and check if the coverage improves. Rogers is the only few that uses 850MHz for voice and data.

Otherwise can do what I do and manually select Telus if available, then roam on it and it will stick with Telus until you change back to Auto.
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
508 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
dealux wrote: It all turned out OK in the end. The person it was escalated to was quite a different experience, and happily agreed to send it with better packaging. They were actually ticked off at Purolator, too, because the phone they already sent was supposed to have a signature collected, and did not. I would not have signed for it as the box was open, but they just left it on my doorstep. Anyway, the new one came Fedex, in a nice, purpose-specific shipping pouch. Why the idiots I spoke to on the weekend gave me such a hard time about it I will never know.
Hi, we're sorry to hear that the shipment was left on your door steps when a signature was requested. We leave a shipment unattended only when the shipper or the receiver has given us the authorization. We'd like to look into this so we can follow up with our driver. If possible, can you please email us the tracking number? Our email is customer.care@purolator.com.

Thank you,
James // Social Media Coordinator // www.purolator.com
Customer Care Team / Purolator Inc.

E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3252 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
PurolatorHelp wrote: Hi, we're sorry to hear that the shipment was left on your door steps when a signature was requested. We leave a shipment unattended only when the shipper or the receiver has given us the authorization. We'd like to look into this so we can follow up with our driver. If possible, can you please email us the tracking number? Our email is customer.care@purolator.com.

Thank you,
James // Social Media Coordinator // www.purolator.com
Wow! This is a surprise.

Reply from Purolator, not Zoomer.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
3987 posts
1741 upvotes
Toronto
embguy wrote: I just chat with Zoomer. The 3GB plan is still offered until Aug 31.
I'm having trouble following where the plans and loyalty plans are ATM. I signed up last Nov, so my 6 months is up and I can ask for whatever loyalty there is.
Checked my bill & I've got:
Smartphone 200 + 200 bonus minutes = 400 daytime minutes
500 MB data + 1 GB data promo + 500 MB bonus = 2 GB

What would I get if I asked for a loyalty pkg today? Should I wait for something better? I'm OK with what I've got, was hoping to get more data just in case. Light user on both - but you never know.
Social Distancing means staying apart 2 meters or 6 feet, the depth of a grave.
Get closer and you might have one foot in the grave. (Pass it on)
Oct 6, 2004
273 posts
66 upvotes
ROYinTO wrote: I'm having trouble following where the plans and loyalty plans are ATM. I signed up last Nov, so my 6 months is up and I can ask for whatever loyalty there is.

What would I get if I asked for a loyalty pkg today? Should I wait for something better? I'm OK with what I've got, was hoping to get more data just in case. Light user on both - but you never know.
No more data....you will get unlimited minutes....assuming you want to stick with the same cost.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11225 posts
10247 upvotes
ROYinTO wrote: I'm having trouble following where the plans and loyalty plans are ATM. I signed up last Nov, so my 6 months is up and I can ask for whatever loyalty there is.

$36 unlimited CW minutes + 2GB loyalty plan
$40.5 unlimited CW minutes + 3GB loyalty plan
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9056 posts
1912 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Is it me or the E5 Play is a better phone than the J3 Prime lol?
I have 9 months left out of the $250 GR5, I think I'm going to pay the $100 cancellation and renew to get the 3GB and the E5 Play, surely I can sell for as much as my cancellation fee to offset it, also only $150 economic inducement
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11225 posts
10247 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote: Is it me or the E5 Play is a better phone than the J3 Prime lol?
I have 9 months left out of the $250 GR5, I think I'm going to pay the $100 cancellation and renew to get the 3GB and the E5 Play, surely I can sell for as much as my cancellation fee to offset it, also only $150 economic inducement
I am using GR5 without any issue.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9056 posts
1912 upvotes
Montreal, QC
embguy wrote: I am using GR5 without any issue.
Wifey has it, it was getting slower and something was draining the battery, since it was past the warranty period, I went ahead to install LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1 Nougat) but sadly Huawei no longer offers bootloader unlock code, had to use DC-Unlocker and pay 4 EUR, glad I did it, gave it a breath of fresh air, should be good for another year (also replaced the scratched up plastic screen protector with a new glass one)
I did it right after my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 where I loaded LineageOS 15.1 on it, so it was still fresh from my memory :)
Nov 23, 2015
727 posts
403 upvotes
Winnipeg
GR5 seems to go on long cycles where it runs fast and slow. Funny thing is that restarts and closing apps only seem to do so much, it's almost like it's beyond my control.

One day it's responsive and moves quickly, the next day it's molasses and takes 30 seconds just to let me start typing a google search.

Sad thing is that for anyone on the $36 plan, the devices available for $0 do not look like much of an upgrade. I've enjoyed Zoomer thus far but once my contract is up I think I'll be going with one of the major Telco EPPs that I'm eligible for. As of right now Telus will give me a S8 on a 2.5GB/unlimited plan for $48/mo. For an extra $12 month it seems more than worth it to me, especially considering getting even a somewhat decent device means shelling out at least $75, more like $150.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11225 posts
10247 upvotes
There are definitely other options for 2GB plans. With the PM to Koodo migration promo every 2 weeks, Cityfone needs to upgrade their plans to keep the existing subscribers in addition to get more new subscribers.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9056 posts
1912 upvotes
Montreal, QC
LG Q6 is a slight upgrade with 3GB of RAM on the $40.5 plan
or the Huawei P20 Lite (/Samsung Galaxy A5) on the $45 plan

I've chated with them, I could have went to the $40.5 Loyalty plan to get 3GB that means I'll be paying $50 over the 11 months left out of my contract.
So I'm going to pay the ECF of $115 to get the Moto E5 Play and resell it to get on the $36/3GB non-loyalty plan

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

board_salomon