Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2020 9:08 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1702 posts
506 upvotes
GTA
Question for the Zoomer pros, I'm planning to sign up for the $36 plan under the current promo and get the free A10e, $100 credit etc. The plan is great for me I only talk 200-300 minutes a month.

My question is more down the line, looking at bringing the wife over, the data is fine but she can blow through the 400 daytime, really needs unlimited. Is it possible after the 6 months to bring her on with the loyalty plan, but keep me on the regular plan? I understand from reading the loyalty plan is unlimited minutes with 4GB. Any thoughts on the family loyalty as an option for adding the 2nd line in 6 months?

Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 11, 2004
9049 posts
1909 upvotes
Montreal, QC
wackojacko wrote: Question for the Zoomer pros, I'm planning to sign up for the $36 plan under the current promo and get the free A10e, $100 credit etc. The plan is great for me I only talk 200-300 minutes a month.

My question is more down the line, looking at bringing the wife over, the data is fine but she can blow through the 400 daytime, really needs unlimited. Is it possible after the 6 months to bring her on with the loyalty plan, but keep me on the regular plan? I understand from reading the loyalty plan is unlimited minutes with 4GB. Any thoughts on the family loyalty as an option for adding the 2nd line in 6 months?

Thanks.
Can't do, only 6 months old account can switch to loyalty plan
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3252 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
wackojacko wrote: Question for the Zoomer pros, I'm planning to sign up for the $36 plan under the current promo and get the free A10e, $100 credit etc. The plan is great for me I only talk 200-300 minutes a month.

My question is more down the line, looking at bringing the wife over, the data is fine but she can blow through the 400 daytime, really needs unlimited. Is it possible after the 6 months to bring her on with the loyalty plan, but keep me on the regular plan? I understand from reading the loyalty plan is unlimited minutes with 4GB. Any thoughts on the family loyalty as an option for adding the 2nd line in 6 months?

Thanks.
Zoomer used to let you add the 2nd line directly with a loyalty plan for very limited time, but not now. Are you thinking of getting the family loyalty plan ($72/2 lines) after 6 months?
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1702 posts
506 upvotes
GTA
9613019 wrote: Zoomer used to let you add the 2nd line directly with a loyalty plan for very limited time, but not now. Are you thinking of getting the family loyalty plan ($72/2 lines) after 6 months?
Yah possibly, do you know the details for the $72 share plan?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11218 posts
10233 upvotes
wackojacko wrote: Yah possibly, do you know the details for the $72 share plan?
Family share plan is $72 for 2 numbers. Max 4 users. The third and fourth user is $22.5 each.
1000 CW minutes
6GB data
Unlimited international text
Enhanced voicemail
2 cents/MB data overage
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3252 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
wackojacko wrote: Yah possibly, do you know the details for the $72 share plan?
The Share plan does not have good value.

Maybe ask your wife to use Fongo for the first 6 month?
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1702 posts
506 upvotes
GTA
embguy wrote: Family share plan is $72 for 2 numbers. Max 4 users. The third and fourth user is $22.5 each.
1000 CW minutes
6GB data
Unlimited international text
Enhanced voicemail
2 cents/MB data overage
Sorry just for clarification, the shared $72 plan has evenings and weekends included? what about incoming call or call between? Sorry wish the thread sumamry covered this.

And I could switch to this after 6 months, and add a new 2nd line? or both lines need the 6 months to switch to the $72 loyalty share?
Jr. Member
Dec 26, 2006
194 posts
301 upvotes
Burnaby
Would your wife be able to tough it out for 6 months on the $40.50 plan before going to loyalty plan?

The $40.50 plan has 500 minutes day time minutes, unlimited incoming and unlimited evenings and weekends.

When I signed up a few month back my plan came with unlimited Zoomer to Zoomer calling Canada-wide. I noticed on the site now they didn't include it in the plan details so not sure if this is still included.
Last edited by amd2500+ on Dec 20th, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1702 posts
506 upvotes
GTA
amd2500+ wrote: Would your wife be able to tough it out for 6 months on the $40.50 plan before going to loyalty plan?

The $40.50 plan has 500 minutes day time minutes, unlimited incoming and unlimited evenings and weekends.
I'm sure she could :) I had that thought, but just looking at all the options/angles before I sign up. I'm thinking I sign up today and then hopefully get her signed up before the end of the year. This appears to be the best promo (increased referral and the $100) I've noticed.
Jr. Member
Dec 26, 2006
194 posts
301 upvotes
Burnaby
Jump on it now if I were you before it's too late.
Newbie
Dec 19, 2019
4 posts
4 upvotes
I just got the phone and sim and they gave me unlimited minutes already, without asking. I called in to get the $100 and they told me it has been already applied. Crazy customer service!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3252 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
wackojacko wrote: I'm sure she could :) I had that thought, but just looking at all the options/angles before I sign up. I'm thinking I sign up today and then hopefully get her signed up before the end of the year. This appears to be the best promo (increased referral and the $100) I've noticed.
If you set your wife up on a different account, you can refer her and get additional credits.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11218 posts
10233 upvotes
wackojacko wrote: Sorry just for clarification, the shared $72 plan has evenings and weekends included? what about incoming call or call between? Sorry wish the thread sumamry covered this.

And I could switch to this after 6 months, and add a new 2nd line? or both lines need the 6 months to switch to the $72 loyalty share?
Both lines need 6 months before can be in a loyalty family plan.
Unlimited minutes after 6pm and weekend
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Member
User avatar
Dec 17, 2006
439 posts
181 upvotes
Calgary
Slightly off topic but has anyone been able to get RCS chat working for Google Messages on Zoomer?

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)