Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2020 10:33 am
Dec 26, 2006
194 posts
301 upvotes
Burnaby
yellman wrote: So let me get this straight
It uses Rogers towers
$36 plus tax
400 min free evening weekend
4 gig data
Free phone but u can use your own
$100 credit
2 yr contract

Anything I am missing?
I've started the thread summary on the current Hot Deals forum, might be worth it to check it out.
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/zoomer- ... #p32073835
Mar 30, 2008
571 posts
127 upvotes
Vancouver
Just switched over from fido to Zoomer and found I have lost rcs, at least it's just sitting at "setting up" for hours. Anybody have rcs working? While I'm at it, may as well ask, is Zoomer going to have 5g, like fido? Plan on getting a 5g phone soon. Thanks
Oct 27, 2016
619 posts
228 upvotes
GTA
Im cheap and im considering the talk and text plans only. Anyone tried this and whats the loyalty plan for it after 6months?
______________________________________________________________________________________________

cheap phone bill = Public Mobile 13$ + 3GB data only eSIM plan 0$ + Google Pixel 3a XL
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11229 posts
10250 upvotes
ryanrudolf wrote: Im cheap and im considering the talk and text plans only. Anyone tried this and whats the loyalty plan for it after 6months?
Zoomer talk and text plan is not competitive with the prepaid provider.
How many minutes and text you need per month?
Public Mobile has a $13 with autopay enabled 100 outgoing minutes + unlimited incoming minutes + unlimited international SMS/MMS + 250MB data. You can buy a $5 500 minutes add-on as backup. Add-on minutes does not expire until all consumed. MMS uses data. But PM MMS data usage is included and will not count toward to your monthly data quota. I have a discontinued $10 plan without data. I can receive and send MMS.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-m ... t-2239906/
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Oct 27, 2016
619 posts
228 upvotes
GTA
embguy wrote: Zoomer talk and text plan is not competitive with the prepaid provider.
How many minutes and text you need per month?
Public Mobile has a $13 with autopay enabled 100 outgoing minutes + unlimited incoming minutes + unlimited international SMS/MMS + 250MB data. You can buy a $5 500 minutes add-on as backup. Add-on minutes does not expire until all consumed. MMS uses data. But PM MMS data usage is included and will not count toward to your monthly data quota. I have a discontinued $10 plan without data. I can receive and send MMS.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-m ... t-2239906/
Thats good to know! I thought the incoming minutes for PM counts towards the 100 allocated minutes per month. Definitely considering PM, thanks again!
______________________________________________________________________________________________

cheap phone bill = Public Mobile 13$ + 3GB data only eSIM plan 0$ + Google Pixel 3a XL
Dec 8, 2006
754 posts
303 upvotes
Thanks OP, I made the switch and got the $40.50 plan (needed unlimited calling).

Bell raising the rates another $5 on their $60 10GB plan (now $70 after 2 raises) was the final straw for me. Winking Face
2x Zoomer Wireless (Rogers): $40.50 6GB 4G LTE, Unlimited Calling & Text
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3252 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
LDN2012 wrote: Thanks OP, I made the switch and got the $40.50 plan (needed unlimited calling).

Bell raising the rates another $5 on their $60 10GB plan (now $70 after 2 raises) was the final straw for me. Winking Face
If you only care about the unlimited calling, not the additional 1GB data, you may want to get a free phone that comes with the $36 plan. By doing so, you can downgrade to the $36 loyalty plan after 6 months. I think Zoomer will update their $36 loyalty plan to 5GB data.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Dec 8, 2006
754 posts
303 upvotes
9613019 wrote: If you only care about the unlimited calling, not the additional 1GB data, you may want to get a free phone that comes with the $36 plan. By doing so, you can downgrade to the $36 loyalty plan after 6 months. I think Zoomer will update their $36 loyalty plan to 5GB data.
Thanks! I had thought about that, but even 1GB more for $4.50 extra is not a bad premium and safety net. I'm downgrading from the 10GB so I'd prefer to have a little more data handy :)

I wonder what the $40.50 loyalty plan will look like in 6 months...
2x Zoomer Wireless (Rogers): $40.50 6GB 4G LTE, Unlimited Calling & Text
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3252 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
LDN2012 wrote: Thanks! I had thought about that, but even 1GB more for $4.50 extra is not a bad premium and safety net. I'm downgrading from the 10GB so I'd prefer to have a little more data handy :)

I wonder what the $40.50 loyalty plan will look like in 6 months...
Voicemail upgrade?
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8115 posts
11104 upvotes
LDN2012 wrote: Thanks OP, I made the switch and got the $40.50 plan (needed unlimited calling).

Call them!

I just got off the phone, and they removed the $5 extra charge, and will send me a new P30 Lite, with no hidden fees for doing any change and a new sim card.

$45 pre-tax for unlimited everything, full voicemail, but only 2GB data which is the plan I previously had. (I NEVER came close to using that amount of data anyways)

Only catch, is I obviously have to lock in for another two years, but since I've been with them over 15 years, what's another 2 at this point.

Hopefully I made the right decision, because I would have gone with the $40.50 Zoomer plan with the P30 Lite.

I assume Bell network is better than Zoomer?
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1702 posts
506 upvotes
GTA
IDStorms wrote:

I assume Bell network is better than Zoomer?
Only if you think bell is better than Rogers. Zoomers is on rogers
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8115 posts
11104 upvotes
wackojacko wrote: Only if you think bell is better than Rogers. Zoomers is on rogers
I have no idea, and I'm still waiting for news on whether or not we have issues with Rogers service at work vs Bell which works well.

For some reason, I seem to recall coworkers on the Rogers network complaining more, that's all.
Nov 27, 2013
66 posts
16 upvotes
Winnipeg
Does Zoomer email Tracking Numbers when they send you a phone? I ordered a new one last week and didnt receive a tracker or email or anything.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11229 posts
10250 upvotes
Splashed wrote: Does Zoomer email Tracking Numbers when they send you a phone? I ordered a new one last week and didnt receive a tracker or email or anything.
No. Call and ask for it.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)