Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2020 10:33 am
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1409 posts
304 upvotes
Definitely highly recommended. Switched to loyalty plan $45 to get 4GB data! Well worth of speed same as Rogers. No complaint and recommended to all new comers with many incentives.
1x$36 Zoomer Plan with 2GB + Unlimited Call and Text
1x$45 Zoomer Plan with 4GB + Unlimited Call and Text
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3252 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
rolomonster wrote: I'd actually suggest keeping the flip phone for a trade in device for Koodo/Wow Mobile promos. Trade in value is $50-100 depending on their current promos.

Family plan is $72 for 2 lines with 3GB of data and 800 daytime minutes shared as new customers. After 6 months of service you will be eligible for Loyalty Plans. Currently their Family Loyalty Plan is 4GB and 1000 daytime minutes shared. For both plans, any additional line is $22.50 and they would share the plan's data and daytime minutes also.

Sidenote: @9613019 you might want to add that this is an unadvertised plan either in the thread title or the OP before we get 29495022 posts saying "I don't see it on the website".
Good point. Just updated the OP to make it more clear.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2187 posts
921 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Ultimately I really regret signing up with Zoomer. Be VERY aware of what the listed price of your "free" phone is. The Huawei GR5 was listed at $250 when I signed up and it is a ripoff at that price (and virtually useless for me since I didn't need a phone).

This price matters. Maybe you have no intention at this time of cancelling your service.. but if you do for any reason.. you're gonna get (censored) up the (censored) with a cancellation fee from the "free" phone that you were FORCED to take.

And "oh yeah, you can sell the phone!". Well, I posted my phone up for sale here at the same $150 a number of people claim to have sold theirs for.. this would have made a big difference (but still wouldn't have covered all that I owed.. given how inflated the price Zoomer charges for it).. but I literally got ZERO interest in my ad. NOT ONE PERSON WANTED TO BUY IT.

Caveat emptor.
This space for rent.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31232 posts
16987 upvotes
Ottawa
TheImp wrote: Ultimately I really regret signing up with Zoomer. Be VERY aware of what the listed price of your "free" phone is. The Huawei GR5 was listed at $250 when I signed up and it is a ripoff at that price (and virtually useless for me since I didn't need a phone).

This price matters. Maybe you have no intention at this time of cancelling your service.. but if you do for any reason.. you're gonna get (censored) up the (censored) with a cancellation fee from the "free" phone that you were FORCED to take.

And "oh yeah, you can sell the phone!". Well, I posted my phone up for sale here at the same $150 a number of people claim to have sold theirs for.. this would have made a big difference (but still wouldn't have covered all that I owed.. given how inflated the price Zoomer charges for it).. but I literally got ZERO interest in my ad. NOT ONE PERSON WANTED TO BUY IT.

Caveat emptor.

You rather go to the big 3, get a high end phone and pay min $85/month for 2yrs?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2187 posts
921 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
vkizzle wrote: You rather go to the big 3, get a high end phone and pay min $85/month for 2yrs?
I'm paying $60/mo for DOUBLE the data that Zoomer offers on their $54/mo loyalty plan. BYOD no contract. No waiting for 6 months.
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2050 posts
1013 upvotes
GTA
flamez1000 wrote: Also November to Dec 2017. My gf just signed up.
We were talking about the time the Huawei phone being offered. Guess you did not read the post properly.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31232 posts
16987 upvotes
Ottawa
TheImp wrote: I'm paying $60/mo for DOUBLE the data that Zoomer offers on their $54/mo loyalty plan. BYOD no contract. No waiting for 6 months.
Let me guess... PM? Lol
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2187 posts
921 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
vkizzle wrote: Let me guess... PM? Lol
No.
Koodo.
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1144 posts
280 upvotes
TheImp wrote: I'm paying $60/mo for DOUBLE the data that Zoomer offers on their $54/mo loyalty plan. BYOD no contract. No waiting for 6 months.
Just sell the phone for less? If 2gb wasnt going to be enough, why did you bother signing up?

Also that plan you have doesn't even sound attractive.

Those $40 plans with 3/4gb are the only ones that makes this plan seem kinda "not worth it".
HI
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2187 posts
921 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
wonton1017 wrote: Just sell the phone for less? If 2gb wasnt going to be enough, why did you bother signing up?

Also that plan you have doesn't even sound attractive.

Those $40 plans with 3/4gb are the only ones that makes this plan seem kinda "not worth it".
2GB was never going to be enough for me. But the plan I wanted was only available as a "loyalty" plan.. hence I had to sign up for this and wait 6 months in order to get the plan I wanted with Zoomer.
Zoomer's plan was better than what I had at Rogers.
But the Koodo plan I have now blows it out of the water.
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2187 posts
921 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
vkizzle wrote: Available for everyone?
It was at the time. Limited time offer..
This space for rent.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31232 posts
16987 upvotes
Ottawa
TheImp wrote: It was at the time. Limited time offer..
Ah.
I'm on my 3rd year and lack of phones are discouraging and it's time to move on.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1419 posts
746 upvotes
isgaard wrote: Closest 2GB LTE plan is Public Mobile at $45, it's $55 for 1GB everywhere else now.
Fido is $45 for unlimited minutes & 4GB right now
Why would anyone pay Zoomer for 400 minutes & 2GB???

(Heck Freedom you can get $35 for 8GB & unlimited minutes)
Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1080 posts
527 upvotes
kav2001c wrote: Fido is $45 for unlimited minutes & 4GB right now
Why would anyone pay Zoomer for 400 minutes & 2GB???
People who only need 2gb and want to save $10

(Heck Freedom you can get $35 for 8GB & unlimited minutes)

Where?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)