Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2020 9:08 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 8, 2006
2664 posts
353 upvotes
Toronto
budfrogs wrote: Are new activation getting 2gb or 3gb's on the $36? The promo link seems to say 2gb.
I verified via online chat and it's 3GB on $36.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 7, 2007
9522 posts
3415 upvotes
embguy wrote: Cityfone is getting competitions from Big 3 - Even Rogers is offering $40/4GB and $20 unlimited CW talk and text plans (search RFD for the thread)
Cityfone is trying to attract new customers by upgrading their market plan(s) and at the same time alienated their existing customers.
It is a trend that Cityfone cannot overcome... Sooner or later, Cityfone may update the loyalty plans.
I talked to them yesterday ... and told them all this ... told them, methinks, it will be right move for them to offer loyalty 3GB data (instead of 2GB data), for example, on $36

We'll see what the future brings ... :)

Currently however ... I am only using around 500 mb / month out of 2GB ... -- so really, for me anyhow, ... 2GB, 3GB, 4GB won't make any difference currently anyhow.... Just would add some psychological satisfaction (if say they were to bump it up to 3GB or 4GB) :D
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 7, 2007
9522 posts
3415 upvotes
bobbyg9 wrote: Gr5 is very slow. It's slower than my wife's moto g4 play... I would pock something else if I were you... also I get only half the bars of cell signal compared to the G4 play.
I am using GR5 currently (no sim card, just over Wi-Fi) ... and don't find it slow ... quite smooth working phone actually ... don't have any issues with it whatsoever. ))
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 19, 2010
3241 posts
866 upvotes
GTA
Decide to go ahead and payout my $90 and sign up for the extra gb. I need the extra gb a lot more than I need unlimited minutes since I barely use any. J3 is out of stock so got the GR5. Shouldn't be too hard to sell it for $90 and be evened out.
Sr. Member
Sep 18, 2008
543 posts
89 upvotes
Woodbridge
budfrogs wrote: [/u]9714]
Are new activation getting 2gb or 3gb's on the $36? The promo link seems to say 2gb.
It is 3.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1122 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto, ON
will888 wrote: I thought it would be safe to stay with them for a while. I had no idea the Koodo migration offer would present it self and allow single accounts to split into multiples. Compared to $40 for 6GB, this $36 for 2GB plan looks pretty weak.
What you mean by 'split'?

There is are better offers out there than Zoomer?!
Member
Aug 16, 2010
351 posts
140 upvotes
tonyford wrote: Doubt it, but anyone want to take over my 4GB loyalty plan?
Is that unlimited daytime mins and 4GB for $45? I'll take it.
Newbie
Oct 18, 2013
82 posts
55 upvotes
Abbotsford
stratux wrote: Any way to check usage via app
They don't have an app. But you can check it if you login to their site. Very mobile friendly
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
1058 posts
179 upvotes
Rate Plan
Canada-wide Smartphone 200 $40.00
Zoomer 10 Percent Discount $-4.00
Add-Ons
2 GB Data (PROMOTIONAL BONUS) $0.00
200 Weekday Minutes to 6PM (BONUS) $0.00
500MB Data (BONUS) $0.00
LTE Tethering Access $0.00
UNLIMITED ZtoZ Calling Canada-Wide $0.00
*Estimated Monthly Charges $36.00
*Additional Usage fees and Taxes may apply

Why does it only show 2.5gb
Newbie
Oct 18, 2013
82 posts
55 upvotes
Abbotsford
stratux wrote: Rate Plan
Canada-wide Smartphone 200 $40.00
Zoomer 10 Percent Discount $-4.00
Add-Ons
2 GB Data (PROMOTIONAL BONUS) $0.00
200 Weekday Minutes to 6PM (BONUS) $0.00
500MB Data (BONUS) $0.00
LTE Tethering Access $0.00
UNLIMITED ZtoZ Calling Canada-Wide $0.00
*Estimated Monthly Charges $36.00
*Additional Usage fees and Taxes may apply

Why does it only show 2.5gb
2.5 are bonus
The plan comes with 0.5
Total is 3gb
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 7, 2007
9522 posts
3415 upvotes
Received an email this morning from CARP ...
Images
  • wp_ss_20180323_0001.png
  • wp_ss_20180323_0002.png
  • wp_ss_20180323_0003.png
Member
Aug 27, 2007
298 posts
201 upvotes
GTA
This sounds like a great deal. My only issue with it is having to provide my credit card to set up pre-authorized monthly payments. I believe there's no other way to go about it but I am just accustomed to get billed monthly (Rogers, Koodo, PC Mobile, etc.). Has anyone ever had any "billing issues" with Zoomer?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3252 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
mikeymoe wrote: This sounds like a great deal. My only issue with it is having to provide my credit card to set up pre-authorized monthly payments. I believe there's no other way to go about it but I am just accustomed to get billed monthly (Rogers, Koodo, PC Mobile, etc.). Has anyone ever had any "billing issues" with Zoomer?
I had US roaming charges when I was at Niagara Falls. Called them to correct it without any issue.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2006
1141 posts
699 upvotes
Calgary
bobbyg9 wrote: Gr5 is very slow. It's slower than my wife's moto g4 play... I would pock something else if I were you... also I get only half the bars of cell signal compared to the G4 play.
I have the same experience with the GR5. I think it is how it handles memory. It works great after you reboot it, but after a while, the thing slows to a crawl. I don't like how it handles notifications as well. By default it shuts off notifications from apps like WhatsApp and others. You manually have to exclude it from being shut off. You have to go through all your apps that you want to have notifications turned on. I went back to using my Nexus 5. I'm am disappointed with the phone, but overall I saved a lot of money on the plan, even though the GR5 is only used for photos and GPS now,

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)