Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2020 10:33 am
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
2290 posts
1133 upvotes
If anyone is looking to get rid of their phone please PM me the model and price. my dad is now looking for a lower end smart phone and I want to get one thats legit from a RFD'er. Thanks
Got that Zoomer account!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31232 posts
16987 upvotes
Ottawa
9613019 wrote: That is for return. If you want to get it exchanged, you need to pay them to send the new one.
Return, then do another hardware upgrade.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
2290 posts
1133 upvotes
just an update to my previous post. I am looking for a unlocked phone that is brand new in box. I live near bloor and 427 and would like to get one tomorrow. So if you are close please let me know. I am clearly looking for a deal and you get the benefit of knowing that I will actually show up for the deal... not like kijiji idiots. please pm me asap.

I have received a good amount of PMs but please include your BEST price and phone number, I dont want to waste time, lets get a deal done.
Got that Zoomer account!
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1409 posts
304 upvotes
I am about to subscribe the a 2 year plan. I am sooner customer already but like to get this 3Gb plan. Which phone is more popular. J3 or the GR5? If you are interested in either of the phone. Let me know.
1x$36 Zoomer Plan with 2GB + Unlimited Call and Text
1x$45 Zoomer Plan with 4GB + Unlimited Call and Text
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3252 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
timeoninternet wrote: I am about to subscribe the a 2 year plan. I am sooner customer already but like to get this 3Gb plan. Which phone is more popular. J3 or the GR5? If you are interested in either of the phone. Let me know.
J3
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Feb 20, 2011
833 posts
263 upvotes
They are going to exchange the phone and waive the shipping fee. Decided to pay and get LG Q6 as the GR5 was way slower than an old Moto G4 play... at least the total price of the Q6 is inline with other retailers... The GR5 is being overvalued at a 250$ subsidy.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1930 posts
395 upvotes
Burlington
bobbyg9 wrote: They are going to exchange the phone and waive the shipping fee. Decided to pay and get LG Q6 as the GR5 was way slower than an old Moto G4 play... at least the total price of the Q6 is inline with other retailers... The GR5 is being overvalued at a 250$ subsidy.
I was thinking of upgrading to the p10 lite. But am on the fence. The Q6 looks like a good choice but is twice the price.
Apr 23, 2003
417 posts
201 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
bobbyg9 wrote: Any instructions on doing this available somewhere.? Thx
Here is a high level summary -- detailed instructions are in the url below:
1) Follow the instructions for official bootloader unlock https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpo ... ostcount=4. NOTE: when you unlock the bootloader, you will wipe everything on the phone including user data, so back-up your data if needed
2) Boot into custom recovery (eg: TWRP, etc.)
3) Back-up your current rom as a precaution (eg: Nandroid back-up through TWRP)
4) Reboot bootloader
5) Flash TWRP recovery
6) Flash custom rom
6) Flash GApps
7) Flash Magisk
Apr 23, 2003
417 posts
201 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
budfrogs wrote: I was thinking of upgrading to the p10 lite. But am on the fence. The Q6 looks like a good choice but is twice the price.
I go with the P10 Lite -- unlockable bootloader means you can root and install custom roms to prolong the life of the phone https://forum.xda-developers.com/p10/ho ... e-t3617418. Usually, XDA developers will continuing working on it after it's reached end of life by Huawei's terms. Additionally, it is $75 on the $36 plan versus $150-$200 on the Q6.

Recent LG products released in Canada (G4 onwards) cannot have the bootloader unlocked and almost impossible to achieve root.

There should be some Youtube videos comparing the phones if you need a little more info or still unsure.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
2290 posts
1133 upvotes
if anyone wants to sell their unlocked brand new in box samsung J3 or Huawei GR5 for $90 and is in etobicoke or missisauga, PM me and I can come pickup today.
Got that Zoomer account!
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1019 posts
178 upvotes
Ended up selling both my J3's that I received for $120 each this week. Might be an out west price but your $90 might be a bit low.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
2290 posts
1133 upvotes
canadiantj wrote: Ended up selling both my J3's that I received for $120 each this week. Might be an out west price but your $90 might be a bit low.
I got an offer for one for $90 thats why I put that price. should I take that over the gr5?
Got that Zoomer account!
Jan 12, 2006
120 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
I just sold a J3 days ago to an RFD'er in TO for $100. There was quite a bit of interest. Had on Kijiji as well but prefer to deal with RFD - too many low ballers and scam artists.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
2290 posts
1133 upvotes
-jinx- wrote: I just sold a J3 days ago to an RFD'er in TO for $100. There was quite a bit of interest. Had on Kijiji as well but prefer to deal with RFD - too many low ballers and scam artists.
yes this is what I am saying, I will show up and not try to lower the price when I get there. Just looking for a good old fashioned RFD deal. my dad just needs it for calls but doesnt want to get another flip phone. I can meet today,lets get a deal done.
Got that Zoomer account!
Feb 22, 2013
120 posts
142 upvotes
Ottawa
canadiantj wrote: Ended up selling both my J3's that I received for $120 each this week. Might be an out west price but your $90 might be a bit low.
Depends how quick you want to flip the phone. Sold mine $125 in Ottawa a few weeks ago. Took about 4 weeks to sell it at that price though. Lots of $100 offers.
Zoomer: $36 4gb

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)