Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2021 1:42 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
Vi20161128 wrote: So smartphone plan for 36$ list data as 2GB, not 3 GB - 500MB + 500MB (double your data) + 1GB Bonus.

So why this post title says 3GB?
They do not always post the current promo online, but it is 3GB if you talk/chat with them.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Mar 14, 2018
11 posts
1 upvote
Nothing from Fido after I left, just as they always did--with them more than 5 yrs, never got the promotional benefits like 2GB data or something.
Glad I made the move.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I was with Fido for like 10 years, nada either.
Apr 23, 2003
663 posts
400 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Daijoubu wrote: I was with Fido for like 10 years, nada either.
Lol, I was with them for 5 years with multiple lines. In the past two years, I had one of the lines go over $150 per bill. Nada when I switched as well.

Zoomer customer service was so refreshing and wait times to get a CSR decreased exponentially. I happier with an extra $20 in my pockets each month versus my Fido plans ($56 for the same amount of 2 GB data. A free subsidized Zoomer phone (sold for additional profit) is icing on the cake.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2013
1071 posts
780 upvotes
Ontario
GhostShadow wrote: Nothing from Fido after I left, just as they always did--with them more than 5 yrs, never got the promotional benefits like 2GB data or something.
Glad I made the move.
Why would they call you? All you did was jump from one Rogers company to another Rogers company. They're getting your money either way Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Jul 13, 2009
926 posts
186 upvotes
Was with Fido for roughly 9 years. Asked for retention before switching to Koodo. Nothing. No winback either.

Was with Koodo for roughly 3 years. No winback. Just an email saying they're sorry to see me go, but still going to charge me a full month instead of prorating the last month.
Thanks.
Jul 8, 2017
2 posts
Calgary
I`m thinking about changing to zoomer since I didn`t get any retain offer from virgin.

I`m going to make a plan for me and my wife. Is it better to make a family plan or 2 individual plans? how can I get a referral for the $25 credit bonus?
I`m thinking to go with the promotion plan, but just to know, what is the advantage of the $45.00 plan (actually $40.5 with 10% off)?
Sep 4, 2014
722 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jojothejoker wrote: Hmm p10 lite vs G4. I can't decide which one has the best camera and the longest battery. And is smoother experience Overall. The G4 is pretty old I don't think it will get updates. The Huawei is brand new thought so I'm hoping for some form of support. And newer devices usually perform better and have better technology.
Anyone can chime in on this?
9613019 wrote: Do not forget that you also need to pay $75 more for P10 Lite.
Money is not the question, the better phone is ?
This will be a replacement for my father and I really want to get the best phone.
Mar 14, 2018
11 posts
1 upvote
buddshek wrote: Why would they call you? All you did was jump from one Rogers company to another Rogers company. They're getting your money either way Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
They are getting less money, at least from me. Face With Tears Of Joy
Apr 23, 2003
663 posts
400 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ChappyHappy wrote: Was with Fido for roughly 9 years. Asked for retention before switching to Koodo. Nothing. No winback either.

Was with Koodo for roughly 3 years. No winback. Just an email saying they're sorry to see me go, but still going to charge me a full month instead of prorating the last month.
They can't charge you the full month -- it's illegal. They have to pro-rate as per the Wireless code to the date you cancelled/ported out your number. Call Koodo and they will do an adjustment. If they refuse, file a complaint with CCTS.
Apr 23, 2003
663 posts
400 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
jojothejoker wrote: Money is not the question, the better phone is ?
This will be a replacement for my father and I really want to get the best phone.
Go with P10 Lite, newer phone released in 2017. G4 is passed its end of lifecycle (LG will no longer issue any updates for the phone) and susceptible to the famous boot loop issue.

Unlockable bootloader and root possible with P10 Lite https://forum.xda-developers.com/p10/ho ... e-t3617418. Even if Huawei stops supporting it, you will have the XDA development community to extend it's life beyond the 2 years via custom roms.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
ChappyHappy wrote: Was with Fido for roughly 9 years. Asked for retention before switching to Koodo. Nothing. No winback either.

DStriderX wrote: They can't charge you the full month -- it's illegal. They have to pro-rate as per the Wireless code to the date you cancelled/ported out your number. Call Koodo and they will do an adjustment. If they refuse, file a complaint with CCTS.
That is how Koodo works. When I called after porting out my Koodo number about end of billing period, Koodo CSR told me to call after the number is confirmed ported to the new provider. Their excuse is that if there is a problem with the port and Koodo cancel your plan right away, your number will be released back to the originating provider if your number is not from Koodo and there is no way to get your number back. For Koodo, if you port your number out, you need to call back to cancel in order to stop the billing clock from running.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Apr 23, 2003
663 posts
400 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
embguy wrote: That is how Koodo works. When I called after porting out my Koodo number about end of billing period, Koodo CSR told me to call after the number is confirmed ported to the new provider. Their excuse is that if there is a problem with the port and Koodo cancel your plan right away, your number will be released back to the originating provider if your number is not from Koodo and there is no way to get your number back. For Koodo, if you port your number out, you need to call back to cancel in order to stop the billing clock from running.
I should have been more specific in my previous post.

Porting your number to Zoomer = cancellation with Koodo. Once you receive a text about the porting process on Zoomer's (Rogers) network, it is all good. You DON'T have to contact Koodo to cancel and it also means that Koodo cannot charge you for additional days after you ported out.

For example, monthly cycle is on the 30th of each month but you ported out on the 16th. The law says they must pro-rate to the 16th; however, Koodo's billing system will charge you until the 30th. You call Koodo and tell them that you ported on the 16th, the CSR will do an adjustment for you during the phone call by applying a credit to your account. If you are unfortunate and reach a contact centre in India, it might take some time to receive the credit.

Both scenarios happened to me -- once to cancel (call centre in India and I had to wait until end of billing cycle to receive my credit). The previous occurrence when I ported to Zoomer -- Koodo charged me till the end of the billing cycle, but I called in and the CSR applied the credit right away.

The Wireless Code which they must follow https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/codesimpl.htm. If they don't, file a complaint with CCTS.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
After much debate, I got the G4 over the huawei, cuz my dad wanted the Bigger screen on the phone. I'll deal with the bootloop issue if it comes up
Signature removed due to rule violation
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2012
1073 posts
229 upvotes
I got my G4 today, on my invoice, there is an unlock code, does that mean the device is still locked and I have to unlock it myself? Hopefully this G4 is a good phone without any issue.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8103 upvotes
Dealfinder111 wrote: I got my G4 today, on my invoice, there is an unlock code, does that mean the device is still locked and I have to unlock it myself? Hopefully this G4 is a good phone without any issue.
I actually really like the G4 and I'm pretty sure LG has completely fixed the bootloop issue at this point.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2012
1073 posts
229 upvotes
TheImp wrote: Semantics. As I said it's a de facto ETF.
The gr5 is a $100 phone. Fido and rogers sell this phone outright for that price.
Zoomer, which is also owned by Rogers, sells it for $250. Why is this?!

You are forced to take a phone from Zoomer if you want their discounted plan... it's not available BYOD. This is the only company in Canada that charges more for BYOD. Why is this?!
There is no GR5 at Fido's site, I just checked. Where can I buy it for $100 outright?
Is there any difference between $100 phone and a $150 ETF vs. charging $250 for that same phone? Essentially no. Except one would be explicitly illegal.

Zoomer is bundling in an ETF into the subsidy price of their phones, that they force you to take on contract in order to get this plan. It's forced bundling, which I believe is again supposed to be illegal. It's pretty sleazy and underhanded if you ask me.

If people want to sign up for Zoomer knowing this, that's their choice. I just want to make people aware of what they're getting themselves into. I offer my own story as a cautionary tale. I ended up paying $160+tax for a phone I could have walked into a store and paid $100 for. A phone that I didn't want and didn't need. Caveat emptor.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
A lot of people who sign on zoomer usually pick the phone with the highest resell value and sell it then sign on the for the $36/3GB with same coverage and reception as fido/rogers phone. Of course their plans are not as attractive before when most competition do not have plans like 5Gb/$50 or 4Gb/$40
Signature removed due to rule violation

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)